Rust Dress

Jack Antonoff has revealed that him and Lana have recorded a new song at Henson Studios in Los Angeles, CA.

26 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

let’s not act as if jack antonoff is some talentless hack because lana’s not delivering the kind of music you want from her

He is talented, and he might very well

be a prolific and popular producer, but I think he's overrated and I'm entitled to dislike/be critical of his work.

I personally find his approach to making music with Lana tired, predictable and at times unimpressive and I can say that if I want. It's no different than people hating Dan's production/music, or Emile's, Rick's or Drew's input. However redundant this may appear to some.

6 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Hopefully he saves it for a project of his own,  does he do stuff like that? 

I doubt it if the text is from her voice notes. She did help pen a Bleachers song on their last album, but I think Jack and her composed together rather than improv a melody with her voice notes. 

Anyways, I don’t get why this post is a surprise to the Jack haters (or even the piano ballad haters) all of a sudden. I mean, we´ve known for a while he was involved on the next album… (and lustforlife did say there was piano but other instruments as well) and Rob plays the  damn piano on at least a song.

i just think the constant hateful posts about anything related to jack are a bit too much. ofc i advocate for free speech but i've actually had a harder time listening to nfr because of the stuff i constantly read here :toofloppy: maybe that's more about me then anyone but i just think we should be able to voice our opinions without exaggeration or repetition because it does get a little crazy at some point

2 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i just think the constant hateful posts about anything related to jack are a bit too much. ofc i advocate for free speech but i've actually had a harder time listening to nfr because of the stuff i constantly read here :toofloppy: maybe that's more about me then anyone but i just think we should be able to voice our opinions without exaggeration or repetition because it does get a little crazy at some point

200.gif

crAZy: HeRE! N0? nevvverrr…$

IMG-3521.jpg

3 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

Agree 💯. I mean, this post got me excited because I love when she includes songs she improved or that she did in one take: they often feel more « vulnerable ». And to judge a song before we heard nothing of it yet is a bit too much. 

Omg leave her alone. He's become so stale and predictable. Hell it feels likes his been on every alt/pop girls album lately, I wouldn't say I hate him (that's just stupid, he is actually a nice guy tbf) but his become so over exposed just... :bebe:  

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

all i’ll say after reading this thread is that some of you are incredibly annoying! 

:fabcat:

i cannot wait for the day that some of you realize piano≠ballad! and the ones that think all of nfr and chemtrails are piano ballads… grow ears i am BEGGING

We need TENSION in the studio… Jack is too nice and his music is very “nice” like no lines are ever crossed that’s why maybe it sounds pretty and cute but it feels empty or hollow… she needs to be paired with someone where there’s a little more friction so things turn out more intense … theory 

UbsOye5.png