Rust Dress

Jack Antonoff has revealed that him and Lana have recorded a new song at Henson Studios in Los Angeles, CA.

1 minute ago, imenos said:

ENOUGH WITH THE PIANO ACOUSTIC BALLADS.

This energy belongs in the LDR9 thread cause girl it ain’t jacks idea. Blue banisters is mostly piano ballads with no Antonoff credits in sight.

The idea of Jack was fun and exciting when there was the idea of bombastic songs. Latently playing piano does not give that vibe at all

"Don’t forget me"

i'm annoyed with the people complaining about it possibly being a piano ballad. a new song is a new song 🤷‍♀️ someone on insta is already calling it trash. just because it's not what you want doesnt make it "trash," i actually loved the piano ballads and i'm excited nonetheless. hopefully they release it  

😋🫶🏼

22 minutes ago, Forgotten said:

Jack jack jack......What stops her from working with Emile and Dan again :crossed: 

Lana is past her prime, she's much more laid back and easy going. Going in the studio with Jack suits her cause it's a fun/carefree time (which isn't a bad thing in itself).

Yall can think of me as the Jack hater on LanaBoards all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that "Lana mumbling lyrics on phone as I latently play the piano" DOES NOT give the same energy as "She walked into the studio with confidence and had me fire the drum player on the second day".

It's so funny that Jack is blamed for the piano ballads LOL :giggle:

It's also so funny that people are complaining about another piano ballad when we know literally nothing about the song other than the fact that Jack has a piano in his studio :giggle:

Realistically, we're either never even hearing this song or it's gonna be on LDR11, so there's no point in complaining now :shh:

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, Super Movie said:

The way that I never even see half the people in this thread posting anywhere else :shh: Coming out of the woodwork just to complain about something that, in true Lana fashion, is probably gonna get scrapped or not released for 2 years anyways 

Nah we know for sure her work with Jack gets to see the light of day, whether it's for an album that she teased 3/4 of it for a whole ass year, or the EP/follow-up album that consists of all the scraps. Oh we're gonna hear it. :oprah3:

I’m happy for the people who are happy and excited about this news, but admittedly, I personally feel like their work together is hit or miss, and that’s okay, we can all have different opinions, 

"Don’t forget me"

9 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

bombastic = horrible. hence why it wasnt released

You’re reaching, I think. Maybe you’re right, maybe those bombastic songs aren’t that good, it’s always a possibility, but I think they mostly didn’t fit the singer-songwriter-Laurel-Canyon vibe of NFR or the quiet folky mood of COCC. Lana is Lana and always releases a collection of songs that fit a certain vibe, and not giving a damn if the tossed song is a hit.