Elle

Lana Del Rey covers W Magazine - May 2022

This is tooo good :defeated:she seems in such a good place recently. And the fact the shoot is at the National Anthem music video location… she’s been so immersed in her past lately. Returning to NY, shooting at national anthem location, singing God Knows I Tried at the Ultraviolence church, multiple mentions of honeymoon, singing young & beautiful and dancing to summertime sadness. Reuniting with Anna and Pam. She says she can only write when she’s happy so I’m sure she’s blackening those pages rn! Can’t wait to pick this up, such a great cover and shoot

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Not gonna lie though: love the photos but both covers feel very amateur-ish, with the lettering. I first saw them on IG and thought they were fan-made :toofunny:

W magazine covers seem like that all around

Loved this, very beautiful and Old Hollywood. Glamour meets grey gardens, as others have mentioned old money and fine china vibes for sure from the shoot and interview.

I also loved how she discussed/referenced Honeymoon.

I do fear those people looking for the "bops"/return to a more energized sound are going to be very disappointed from what was revealed about the music.That said she always has a track or two that is a mood/vibe piece you can really groove to. I screamed internally when I read orchestra! Orchestra, raw, and reverb... I am ready lol. Hopefully the music is sooner rather than later but if it is still untitled then maybe just maybe some of these recent outings/events/life living in Italy will find there way into the music. We know she works fast no matter the circumstance.

I also found the part about how ideas are harder to come by now very interesting. How she said she really no longer can write when alone/needs to be forced into the studio.I still think she is a free flowing well when compared to other artists especially but the fact that she shared that insight is just kind of very revealing and super insightful.