Elle

Lana Del Rey covers W Magazine - May 2022

1 hour ago, DrunkBeautyQueen said:

I already know I'm about to get dragged for asking, but did she get a boob job?? And if not how tf do I get that to happen to me

No, they look 100% natural. Also, I think Lana is over plastic surgery. 

3 hours ago, littleredpartydress said:

So she says the album is untitled so far, has no color references and is very wordy 

keep the damn album :eek2:

tumblr_inline_ovyyl0jMu11qlt39u_250.gifvtumblr_inline_ovyyl0jMu11qlt39u_250.gifv

If I get a little prettier, can I be your baby?

This interview actually made me emotional. Her talking about saying goodbye, thank you at the end of an album and then how she comes back to writing more? Tears in my eyes. Also, these photos? Serve of the decade at a minimum.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

2 hours ago, daddyauerbach said:

the honeymoon recognition will feed me for weeks:trisha:

its out may 24 ... if ur in the us you could probably find it at a barnes and noble

omg thank you haha thats good to know they have it at barnes and noble!

This shoot and interview is just amazing. I love the glamour of the photos, and I always love a luxurious black-and-white moment. :wub:

There is so much insight and depth in her answers, her self-awareness is really inspiring. I'm excited for the record, and if her mentions of Honeymoon's existentialism lately is anything to go by in terms of what's inspiring her, I can tell she's creating something amazing in the studio <3

Okay three things:

1. The photoshoot is great except maybe a few shots.

2. The interview tells me almost nothing. One of the most important things is her saying she finds it hard to write nowadays and it was followed by some question about Old Hollywood instead of digging into this because Idk it seems important somehow??

3. Out of all these photos...the editors chose these two for the cover? Instead of this one for example:

Spoiler

6815-C388-ECEC-4-C12-9910-5906-C7-EE6-AF

This happens way too often. You look at a photoshoot with amazing shots and somehow these editors manage to pick the least flattering ones to use as a cover...

Anyway yes underwhelmed by cover and interview but looking forward to some angry songs. The vibe of the photoshoot reminds me of the ones taken between UV and HM, like early 2015.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

Maybe I’m misreading. But the voice memos she records on her phone, is she saying those are the final vocals used for the songs? I understand raw vocals but for the sake of quality sound I’d hope she would re record vocals in a studio. Or I’m misreading lol?

3 minutes ago, Distantly said:

Maybe I’m misreading. But the voice memos she records on her phone, is she saying those are the final vocals used for the songs? I understand raw vocals but for the sake of quality sound I’d hope she would re record vocals in a studio. Or I’m misreading lol?

At least Jack said in the interview that she uses the voice memos to record proper vocals. I'd assume she would do the same with Drew, seeing that they were together in the studio.

23 minutes ago, Distantly said:

18 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

At least Jack said in the interview that she uses the voice memos to record proper vocals. I'd assume she would do the same with Drew, seeing that they were together in the studio.

Could she maybe send drew the voice memos and then he works on orchestral comps and then she goes in and records the actual take. That said though the orchestral composition wouldn't exactly match because it each take is different no matter how much one tries to match it. It would most likely be minor changes to make though. They have been seen in studio together, "charting." 

One of the potential insiders did mention earlier this morning the takes/song or songs still sounded raw so maybe she is using actual voice note takes, I kind of doubt it though.

Idk we shall see, all very interesting lol. 

24 minutes ago, Distantly said:

They probably use the voice memos to create a rough demo to have the feel of the song and then do a vocal take at the studio (I hope) cause the quality would be awful otherwise :icant:

giphy.gif

Her comments about fashion being fun again make me happy. I remember 10 years ago she was always asked about her entrance into the fashion world and her answer would always be about the beautiful people she met in it, and how everyone was dedicated to making their lives into works of art. And that translated into how glamorous she was, and how the looks were always a real extension of the music! 

We got a bit of that again in 2018, but other than that, her relationship with the fashion world seemed to be not as much of a focal point, in timely coincidence with her scaling back on PR as a reaction to hypercriticism. I’m glad she’s stepping back into it now though, and having fun with the glamour and midcentury references in terms of imaging, which we saw earlier! It’s like a return to form and her uninfluenced, authentic inspirations in a way (even though everything she does is exactly that). 

This year has been an all-timer for LDR fashion and makeup in my opinion. Between this shoot and her public appearances, it seems like she's really tapping back into that vintage glamour she's always loved. It also doesn't feel like what she's done before, though, which makes it even better. This shoot alone feels like a revamp of that sort of style to match who Lana is now. I love it so much :wub:

imageproxy.jpg

6 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

@DragonWhore PLEASE STAND UP

YOU ARE THE REAL WHORE

Thanks dear. I told you hoes that things would be revealing themselves shortly and now the “proof is in the pudding” as they say. 

I have deets, give me a week and you’ll be happy with my news. 

I wish there was a way to reply with audio messages so I could copy and paste the three I just sent my friend with a link to the OP and the sound of me screaming 

UbsOye5.png