Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, Alison by Slowdive said:

i feel like honeymoon's production, if lyrical content, must influence this album as she seems to be talking about that album a lot recently. and i'm really excited about this meditative automatic singing and writing style - i just know she's going to whisk us away :crai: 

😐😐 I'm all up for more emotional lyrics but I do want a fun angry banger record from her.

Angry in the vein of G&M or FMWUTT or dealer.

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:

Oh the album is conversational not controversial:tommy:

my heart wouldnt have been able to take a controversial album… we dont need anymore controversy :hide: especially when all the hate is old news at this point

Just now, mlittle11 said:

my heart wouldnt have been able to take a controversial album… we dont need anymore controversy :hide:

We like bad girls, it’s true, honey:true:

10 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

from reading the mag, i fear this could be the longest pre-release thread in lanaboards existence but i hope i'm proven wrong :toofloppy:

anyways, happy pre-release era, besties! :candy:

Why tho? (I read the interview really fast cause I was so excited so maybe I missed some crucial information) but I feel the opposite way. We don't have a title but she's already refering to the next thing as an "album" and even talked about a "first song" so assuming is not literally the first song she wrote she even seems to have a tracklist.

Maybe is not coming as soon as we think but it feels better than NFR where she put out songs every 3-4 months without mentioning the album release :thumb2:

giphy.gif

If it's "angry," then it's likely to be something akin to the 'revenge' album she mentioned in the recent past. Or an extension of it, or the actual real deal, since BB as an album wasn't much of a revenge play. 

In terms of wordiness, I think 'White Dress' was very wordy, the way she squeezed all those words and syllables into some of the lines. So we have at least one precedent for that.

I'm thrilled. The W photos are interesting.  

I get the feeling she's been very inspired by Honeymoon lately. The last post on her main was from the HBTB music video, she returned on her Honeymoon account, she sang God Knows I've Tried in Italy (she did also sing BTD songs, but only with fans, this was the one time we know of where she chose one song to sing of her own accord), and she mentioned Honeymoon several times in the W Mag interview. Not sure what this means/how it relates to her new sound or lyrics, but those are my thoughts. 

THIS INTERVIEW WAS EVERYTHING. 

Just now, robertenglandgrant said:

I get the feeling she's been very inspired by Honeymoon lately. The last post on her main was from the HBTB music video, she returned on her Honeymoon account, she sang God Knows I've Tried in Italy (she did also sing BTD songs, but only with fans, this was the one time we know of where she chose one song to sing of her own accord), and she mentioned Honeymoon several times in the W Mag interview. Not sure what this means/how it relates to her new sound or lyrics, but those are my thoughts. 

Her mentioning Swan Song as the song that makes her cry is very very very telling.

IMG-7960.jpg

I didn't expect her to still be angry (even though I understand why). I thought she got closure with BB (not complaining, I'd take more BBS energy).

If she's not filtering anything I sense a lot of swearing and controversial lines :creepna:

giphy.gif

I AM CRYINGGGGGGG

THE DAY HAS COMEEEE

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

5 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

If it's "angry," then it's likely to be something akin to the 'revenge' album she mentioned in the recent past. Or an extension of it, or the actual real deal, since BB as an album wasn't much of a revenge play. 

In terms of wordiness, I think 'White Dress' was very wordy, the way she squeezed all those words and syllables into some of the lines. So we have at least one precedent for that.

I'm thrilled. The W photos are interesting.  

Maybe this time we'll get revenge record. COCC/BB doesn't have many angry moments. Both of them was recorded at the same time so it has similiar vibe even after teasing in 2020 what she's gonna focus in future lyrics.

COCC was planned be about things she mentioned in QFTC but she released about family, friends. 

BB was planned be revenge album, we got introspective record with only 2 songs to medias.