Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I'd love to get more angry songs, but I'd rather have Drew to stay away from her :judgingu: 

No. More. Raw. Vocals. You can still make a point without the "rawness/messiness".

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

No but WAIT. This woman makes me moist.

In a matter of a few days, she’s mentioned Honeymoon multiple times, sang GKIT in the Ultraviolence church, has been seen having a great time and partying to her BTD music…

Is it me or are we getting a Honeymoon meets Blue Banisters?!

IMG-7960.jpg

16 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

So...shes working with Drew?? 

What is jack doing...:horror:??

Or is it gunna be a mix of producers?

Personally, I’m thinking either Jack is the producer with Drew doing some orchestral arrangements, or maybe she’s having a blend of producers again!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

2 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I'd love to get more angry songs, but I'd rather have Drew to stay away from her :judgingu: 

No. More. Raw. Vocals. You can still make a point without the "rawness/messiness".

maybe in 2024 ❤️

Yeah same. I don’t think any of the songs Drew has produced for her so far are that interesting. 

this!!! I’m so sick of one take vocals. I want GKIT in the church vocals not raw one take vocals.

"Don’t forget me"

15 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

No but WAIT. This woman makes me moist.

In a matter of a few days, she’s mentioned Honeymoon multiple times, sang GKIT in the Ultraviolence church, has been seen having a great time and partying to her BTD music…

Is it me or are we getting a Honeymoon meets Blue Banisters?!

blue banisters' cerebral lyricism with "orchestra beneath the words" :trisha: 

mUENGN9.png

I've been going through it lately and i got a "good news will come" little fortune with my coffee yesterday, i consider this the good news.

Funnily she's always reappeared when i've had rough times.

It sounds very exciting, this new creative process she's describing, i feel like we're in for a very unconventional sounding Lana album and i can't contain my excitement.

If the photoshoot is any clue towards the sound and mood, a masterpiece is on its way

Angry, conversational, and almost seems like stream of consciousness writing…with instrumental detail tailored to every syllable she speaks…

I’m getting White Dress vibes with orchestral undertones:ma: I couldn’t be more excited!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

She's reading Jung at last! Bravo. Going directly to the source is best, and she's certainly intelligent enough to read Jung's own work instead of through the layers of filters that other, lesser writers use to capitalize on his thinking. 

I would dispute this quote of Lana's, but I can live with it, since Jung's collected works are massive and who knows how far she's gotten: "Carl Jung, who says that the only opportunity that the unconscious has to speak to you is through your dreams, or through automatic writing,"

I also love what she says about having to spell yourself out to people, after first believing that, if you were your genuine self, people would see you for who you are. I had to learn to learn the same lesson. 

1 minute ago, MrFameKills said:

I've been going through it lately and i got a "good news will come" little fortune with my coffee yesterday, i consider this the good news.

Funnily she's always reappeared when i've had rough times.

It sounds very exciting, this new creative process she's describing, i feel like we're in for a very unconventional sounding Lana album and i can't contain my excitement.

If the photoshoot is any clue towards the sound and mood, a masterpiece is on its way

THIS. She always comes when I need her the most! It’s wild. 

I think we're getting more vocals like the GKIT performance in the church :true: There's just something about the Lana's energy right now that gives me such a good feeling about this album

imageproxy.jpg

4 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

She's reading Jung at last! Bravo.

Apparently she’s been reading Jung since at least 2014! I hadn’t realized it until I heard her commentary on Money Power Glory, and that’s one lens she used for the song!

Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:

Drew worst producer of ALL TIME so this will be another BB level shit fest I fear!

excited though!

at least Drew's sound doesn't give tin can, it's lush enough for me