Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Automatic writing as per the Encyclopedia Britannica:

"writing produced involuntarily when the subject's attention is ostensibly directed elsewhere. The phenomenon may occur when the subject is in an alert waking state or in a hypnotic trance, usually during a séance."

I suspect something spooky tbh:legend::legend::legend:

Just now, DCooper said:

Automatic writing as per the Encyclopedia Britannica:

"writing produced involuntarily when the subject's attention is ostensibly directed elsewhere. The phenomenon may occur when the subject is in an alert waking state or in a hypnotic trance, usually during a séance."

I suspect something spooky tbh:legend::legend::legend:

It's been around since at least the 19th century, and very likely earlier. W.B. Yeats and his wife wrote an entire book based on automatic writing. 

6 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

when her meditative automatic writing produces an off to the races type track :wowcry:

Manifesting a OTTR x GKIT (Demo) level of serve FVzXNWu.gif

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Magazine shoot is gorgeous the insights provided are very very interesting.

Raw, orchestra, reverb, wordy, angry, and no room for color. More automatic writing/singing which I am totally here for. Really curious to see how they translate with the orchestral compositions and further production which I am sure is to be added. It is very exciting.

Idk can we just take a moment to really appreciate and think about how prolific and amazing Lana is. Like 9/10 records if you count both AKA and Paradise in slightly over a decade and always quality. Like really nobody else compares or is on that level. It really is kind of awe inspiring and beautiful to witness in real time. 

She really has been reliving/referencing her past a lot, especially Honeymoon. It's super intriguing and makes me think they will be connected in some way. It may not be noticeable per se but just a vibe I have. Either way very excited and hoping we get some more concrete info soon but this interview/shoot has me ready lol!

11 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

when her meditative automatic writing produces an off to the races type track :wowcry:

I mean... OTTR is kinda word heavy and automatic writing in a way... she just be saying stuff :thumb2: so maybe you are onto something.

She explicitly said that Drew added orchestra, not just piano chords like Jack so I have good feelings about the new music (and she mentioned Old Hollywood too :creepna:)

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, momoquack said:

What if she collaborated with Dua Lipa?

If that was the case, BOZ wouldn't shut up about it, claiming how it's the best song ever (due to Dua) 823391726261633054.webp?size=60&quality=

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I TOLD YALL ABOUT THE SPAGHETTI AHHHHHH WE WON WE WON

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

The only producers I've ever really wanted Lana to work with more regularly again are Dan Heath and Tim Larcombe, so it'd be super cool if she did some work with them for LDR9. I mean, she went back to her OG makeup team, so I guess anything's possible

imageproxy.jpg

I feel like I say this a lot but i'll say it again. I understand why people feel like she needs to change it up, but this wordy and conversationalist description just makes me think she's going to continue going deeper and deeper into her poetry and finding ways to incorporate both music and poetry

Who knows, she's always been bad at describing her own albums, but I truly believe Lust for Life was the last we'll see of classic LDR

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i know this would never happen again but my UV heart found a song that sounds like something that could be inspired by it, i’d take a crumb for her to make something that sounds like this again by my fav underground artist