Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

The only producers I've ever really wanted Lana to work with more regularly again are Dan Heath and Tim Larcombe, so it'd be super cool if she did some work with them for LDR9. I mean, she went back to her OG makeup team, so I guess anything's possible

Love Tim and Dan both, I think they could probably contribute nicely with the vibe I am getting. Also have to have Father Rick in there somewhere lol.

Not necessarily album related but just want to say love that OG makeup and hair is back. Like She really has been glowing/radiant. Also makes you think or wonder like why are they back now, are they staying, will they be present through album cycle.... what does it all meannnnnn lol!?!

1 hour ago, avenue said:

what color will the vinyl be :oop2:

She mentioned the lack of colors, so it'll be translucent :ma: 

Spoiler

Inb4 the digital art cover is a PNG file :ma:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

Why tho? (I read the interview really fast cause I was so excited so maybe I missed some crucial information) but I feel the opposite way. We don't have a title but she's already refering to the next thing as an "album" and even talked about a "first song" so assuming is not literally the first song she wrote she even seems to have a tracklist.

Maybe is not coming as soon as we think but it feels better than NFR where she put out songs every 3-4 months without mentioning the album release :thumb2:

very true!! that's why i hope i'm proven wrong. but i'm scared to be hopeful knowing her pre-release history. i hope this is a BB situation where the rollout is quick! :angie:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

I predict October at the earliest, March 2023 at the latest

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Who knows, she's always been bad at describing her own albums, but I truly believe Lust for Life was the last we'll see of classic LDR

To be fair, I don’t even need or want classic LDR back, I just want more amazing songs like The Greatest, Venice Bitch, etc and less songs with angry “imperfect” vocals songs (I’m getting Black Bathing Suit chorus vibes from this description). 

zXzLCRU.png

5 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I feel like I say this a lot but i'll say it again. I understand why people feel like she needs to change it up, but this wordy and conversationalist description just makes me think she's going to continue going deeper and deeper into her poetry and finding ways to incorporate both music and poetry

Who knows, she's always been bad at describing her own albums, but I truly believe Lust for Life was the last we'll see of classic LDR

Agreed, she has grown/matured/changed so much. She is not the same person she used to be, just like all of us she is always changing and evolving. I really think she has shed that skin that so many are hoping/wanting a return to. I know the new Lana style/vibe isn't everyone's cup of tea but I don't see it really going anywhere, I feel like she is more about being her authentic/true self and keeping things real and grounded now more than ever. Either way I am living for it. Give me the diary/journal entries.... lol the text book/blue banisters level lyrics give me all the feelings.

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I wished we had the title of the album with that interview… but kinda like that it won’t change either if she changes her mind.

inbefore it's called plastic bags

2 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I predict October at the earliest, March 2023 at the latest

well lustforlife said they were tentatively going for a September/October release… and DragonWhore said we’d hear something by July… 

one thing is for sure: if Jack’s part is not done, the album won’t be for some time: he is going on tour for a good part of summer.

Just now, alexandro said:

To be fair, I don’t even need or want classic LDR back, I just want more amazing songs like The Greatest, Venice Bitch, etc and less songs with angry “imperfect” vocals songs (I’m getting Black Bathing Suit chorus vibes from this description). 

I hear you. Jack said he had a magic moment with Lana, so hopefully it's in the vein of VB and The Greatest

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I've been having the worst time of my life and I feel so angry and full of rage... thank God my mother is here to heal me :pray2: 

2 minutes ago, DLT said:

Agreed, she has grown/matured/changed so much. She is not the same person she used to be, just like all of us she is always changing and evolving. I really think she has shed that skin that so many are hoping/wanting a return to. I know the new Lana style/vibe isn't everyone's cup of tea but I don't see it really going anywhere, I feel like she is more about being her authentic/true self and keeping things real and grounded now more than ever. Either way I am living for it. Give me the diary/journal entries.... lol the text book/blue banisters level lyrics give me all the feelings.

When she dropped Lust for Life she described it as a gift for the fans and a sign for where we're going (Heroin/Change/Get Free/Tomorrow Never Came). I understand why the new style isn't people's cup of tea, but I also love the meandering, ambiant, stream of consciousness nature of Text Book/Blue Banisters/Arcadia/WFWF etc

1 minute ago, Thunder said:

When she dropped Lust for Life she described it as a gift for the fans and a sign for where we're going (Heroin/Change/Get Free/Tomorrow Never Came). I understand why the new style isn't people's cup of tea, but I also love the meandering, ambiant, stream of consciousness nature of Text Book/Blue Banisters/Arcadia/WFWF etc

This is some of my favorite work from her ever. Actually, my top 10 LDR songs are all from Norman, Chem and Blue.

You can say a lot of shit about Jack Antonoff, but he does have his finger on the pulse of his best music with Lana. He said The Greatest is the best song on NFR and White Dress is one of their best songs, and he was..not wrong. I trust him about this new track being on the same level.

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I wished we had the title of the album with that interview… but kinda like that it won’t change either if she changes her mind.

I kinda feel like she has a title but she didn't want to reveal it yet. She always has a title early in the process and it's often the first thing she reveals about the next record so it's weird. Maybe they didn't even ask and they said it was untitled cause Lana hasn't announced it yet and they couldn't find it :hide:

giphy.gif

Just now, PARADIXO said:

This is some of my favorite work from her ever. Actually, my top 10 LDR songs are all from Norman, Chem and Blue.

Same! I died when she dropped the three singles, some of my favorite songs from her ever

This is album related in the sense that it relates to the rollout but I really wonder how her being back to Tap's most high profiled artist will affect this rollout. 

Now that Dua is gone I feel like they will want/need to push out/plan more stuff. There would be more urgency since she is their highest ticket artist. That said we all know Lana does what Lana wants lol. Just interesting to wonder/think about.

As far as album rollout timeline I am hoping for earlier release, October would be great. Idk from what she has said and if that shoot is indicative of any direction I'm not necessarily getting summer vibes so could make sense. If the album is truly not done and her and Jack still have work to do then I at very least hope she can have her vinyls/physicals prioritized over other releases. I don't see her releasing without physicals no matter what she previously said lol.

Like I keep wondering and thinking about the logistics of it all. For example if other artists are scheduled to have vinyls pressed I wonder if Lana submitted hers for pressing if they would take precedence over the other acts. Like all the behind the scenes stuff is so interesting.