Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

The rollout of NFR, COCC & BB was definitely interesting, but I'd rather have a more concise rollout like LFL this time around personally

Even though this album clearly will not be very mainstream, and I doubt they are aiming for radio singles, a nice quick but organized rollout for once would be satisfying :awk:

My favorite part of the lead-up period of an album is watching the aesthetic world slowly come to life, and I don't know why, but this one seems like it's gonna be really fulfilling

imageproxy.jpg

I expect a huge rollout.. just like someone already pointed out Lana is now Tap's most famous artist heueu.

That explains the gucci event..WCE..imagine Benny in the UK 1 day prior..and he goes to italy hmmmm. what have they planned for ldr9??

Also Ben posted that story with Lana's YNWA after Liverpool won something...

This gunna be a big rollout like Norman. The Interview mag cover hints..tap music hints Peach fuzz

3 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Controversial, guys, controversial… :godlaugh:which is a surprise. I thought she had gone that route (very gently but still) with Bb, by telling her story…

I literally said this days ago and u guys took me as a joke: *controversial & "angry" (as she should)

I know she is going to make something to answer the culture & to shut these heaux the fuck up once and for all, because i know she still has so so so many things to discuss - Blue Banisters did what it was meant to do but 15 songs arent enough.

And one more thing that i was right: This album might discuss what she addressed in QFTC (in more details & more tea) and ofc as she said - "a wordy album" then I really believe that there are more room for her thoughts & more ways for her to speak her mind & more relevant selection of wording that she can go with, because this is not an ig post anymore, it's a thoughtful project, it's music. ( So yeah... no more uncalled/unnecessary name-dropping or questioning statements, she has months to compose the whole thing, not a few minutes).

I'm so excited to see what's to come, some of you might be turnt off with the concept of a "wordy" album but I think if we get more "hope is a dangerous thing..." in songwriting-wise, it's not that bad.

And also, she is doing the most these days: attending fashion events (Marc Jacobs, Gucci), Magazines (W, Interview Mag coming up next), there can be more radio interviews (i hope she talks with Zane Lowe again), it looks like her team starts to do some work to get some attention from medias/publications as a part of the rollout for this comeback, it could be a mix between a "personal" Blue banisters-like era with a commercial/mainstream era like Lust for Life/BTD.

Edited by Whore of Tropico
it's *conversational, not controversial - but anyway, it's still adding up, because she STILL has alot of stories to be told.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

With what's being said about the album so far through Lana and Jack it sounds nothing like COCC/BB (sonically) so I am excited

The whole voice memo thing and 808s are really intriguing to me

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

1 hour ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

thinking abt the iconic american beauty plastic bag scene :wowcry: 

Truly incredible scene. And I remember that she cited Thomas Newman’s score for it as one of the earlier influences for her music. It’d be interesting if she ever decided to draw from that well again. 🧡

7 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I'm feeling Black Bathing Suit mixed with Violet vibes for this album :cumming2:

SportCruiser stans SAY YOUR NAME!!!!

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

11 minutes ago, regattasinthewind said:

The rollout of NFR, COCC & BB was definitely interesting, but I'd rather have a more concise rollout like LFL this time around personally

Even though this album clearly will not be very mainstream, and I doubt they are aiming for radio singles, a nice quick but organized rollout for once would be satisfying :awk:

I was thinking same thing, low key but quick and organized.... I was thinking a rollout similar to Honeymoon would be perfect.

As I said before though I really think Tap will try to get her to do more stuff since she is their top artist now so we will see how that works out. Maybe she will feel inclined to do what she can to help them now. I get the sense she is the mother hen/take care of friends type maybe that will play into things where they are concerned. I'm sure I am overthinking this lol.  

Original point rollout similar to Honeymoon would be perfect.

3 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

I literally said this days ago and u guys took me as a joke: controversial & "angry" (as she should)

I know she is going to make something to answer the culture & to shut these heaux the fuck up once and for all, because i know she still has so so so many things to discuss - Blue Banisters did what it was meant to do but 15 songs arent enough.

And one more thing that i was right: This album might discuss what she addressed in QFTC (in more details & more tea) and ofc as she said - "a wordy album" then I really believe that there are more room for her thoughts & more ways for her to speak her mind & more relevant selection of wording that she can go with, because this is not an ig post anymore, it's a thoughtful project, it's music.

I'm so excited to see what's to come, some of you might be turnt off with the concept of a "wordy" album but I think if we get more "hope is a dangerous thing..." in songwriting-wise, it's not that bad.

And also, she is doing the most these days: attending fashion events (Marc Jacobs, Gucci), Magazines (W, Interview Mag coming up next), there can be more radio interviews (i hope she talks with Zane Lowe again), it looks like her team starts to do some work to get some attention from medias/publications as a part of the rollout for this comeback, it could be a mix between a "personal" Blue banisters-like era with a commercial/mainstream era like Lust for Life/BTD.

I must say that I’m shookt if she expresses angry feelings, channels QFTC… but I’m intrigued. Never thought she’d go that route and I hope i didn’t make you feel « crazy » for thinking she would (hell you might be psychic :brows:). I love BB, like COCC. When she does songs in one take, I usually like that she lets her guard down a little… not that I don’t love her more « polished songs », but there’s something magical about spontaneity being the best take, even if it’s imperfect. 

20 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

Jack is gone, Rick is gone, Dan is gone, Zach is gone, Kanye is gone… Nikki is gone. But Drew’s still standing 

Kind of curious to know why she doesn’t go to Rick anymore. He seemed to be her go to producer a few years ago. 

7 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I must say that I’m shookt if she expresses angry feelings, channels QFTC… but I’m intrigued. Never thought she’d go that route and I hope i didn’t make you feel « crazy » for thinking she would (hell you might be psychic :brows:). I love BB, like COCC. When she does songs in one take, I usually like that she lets her guard down a little… not that I don’t love her more « polished songs », but there’s something magical about spontaneity being the best take, even if it’s imperfect. 

i still love her polished sounds but the thing about her one-take/improvised stuff (i think she loves improvising shits these days) is you can expect the unexpected - what i already said before in the pre-pre-release thread - Lana is at the level of her almighty when she gives you something you have no clue about.

Thinking of White Dress, Black Bathing Suit, Dealer - official studio final audio - and thinking of something as classic as her screaming moments in "Million Dollar Man" - which only existed exclusively in her old live performances back then. (you can count Off to the Races if you might). I think that's the difference - young Lana, with polished, well-produced music is like - she still somehow doubted in herself back then (she even said "i'm a recording studio artist" or some sort of that when they dragged her after SNL). But since L4L, we can see her growth, we see her so confident, as if she finally found her comfort zone in anywhere. Meanwhile she had stagefright in the past, but now she sings rentlessly like nothing anywhere she wants.

Idk in regards to sound I really don't know what to expect. We have what has been mentioned raw, orchestra, reverb, angry, wordy, more automatic/free flowing lyricism, one takes, and 808's. I really am leaning into songs in the veins of WD, TJF, CG, TB, and BB but something different. I don't necessarily expect it to sound the same as this but just the vibes. I really am anticipating a slightly different sound. I really am excited for the more free handed lyrics though. Her older storytelling/more conceptual lyrics were fun and appreciated but I really have grown to love her more open, honest, and diaristic approach with Chem and BB.

I'm here for whatever is to come though.

Just now, Wait For Life said:

I fear the insiders are clueless this time around.. but if y’all wanna prove me wrong go ahead :agree:

*summoning the French Husband*

lana is really keeping this era hush hush which makes me even more excited :party: i wouldnt mind a lil tea being spilled about the general vibe of the album tho :hooker: