Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I feel like Lana’s team smartened up when it comes to info being spilled. Insiders didn’t even hear BBS until the rest of us did, it’s possible her team is keeping the whole album locked up better than they usually do

"Don’t forget me"

I don't think the Drew part meant that she gives him the voice memos and the rest is on him to complete the song. I guess it's more along the lines of trying to create a rough demo quickly to see how things would sound and then "perfect" it a bit cause we saw them together in the studio figuring out the orchestral parts.

I think it will be similar to BBS. I'm expecting some crazy Noir level vocals if the takes are indeed not changed at all, which exites me a lot cause angry unhinged Lana is so interesting (and funny, the MAIL ME WHEN YOU GET THE BLUES still gets me every time :hide:)

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

I fear the insiders are clueless this time around.. but if y’all wanna prove me wrong go ahead :agree:

Eclipse? I haven’t heard that name in years

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I feel like Lana’s team smartened up when it comes to info being spilled. Insiders didn’t even hear BBS until the rest of us did, it’s possible her team is keeping the whole album locked up better than they usually do

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm personally fine with having an era where we don't really have insiders :whatever2: 

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, NikoGo said:

Also Jack's security seems to be top notch cause I don't think any Jack outtake leaked right? 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Super Movie said:

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm personally fine with having an era where we don't really have insiders :whatever2: 

I absolutely agree. Imagine if we had gotten the three singles last year out of the blue instead of knowing it was coming weeks in advance. Lana has wanted to do a surprise release for years and she almost did but they kind of ruined it 

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

Also Jack's security seems to be top notch cause I don't think any Jack outtake leaked right? 

You’re right! No Jack outtakes have leaked, the most we’ve gotten is the instrumentals and I feel like that’s because those circulate outside of his hard drive 

"Don’t forget me"

12 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

I fear the insiders are clueless this time around.. but if y’all wanna prove me wrong go ahead :agree:

I feel the same as you. If she has a lot of songs and even an early tracklist BOZ should know by now (he knew every time RCS/BB changed and what songs were swapped around in the early stages) so if he hasn't said anything it's probably cause he knows nothing.

He was so quick to spill about WCE as soon as he got it so I don't think he would stay silent if he knew something already :true:

giphy.gif

I'm definitely getting a more UV, Million Dollar Man, Dealer, BBS, TBD, Religion vibes from this. The magazine shoot is giving major UV vibes to me but I may be projecting. I'm so excited for angry Lana again and heres to hoping for a Honeymoon/UV crossover sound

☆Credit Card Romancer♡61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7

16 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

It’s on one of Taylor Swift’s iPads.

IMG-3521.jpg

1 minute ago, aly said:

I'm definitely getting a more UV, Million Dollar Man, Dealer, BBS, TBD, Religion vibes from this. The magazine shoot is giving major UV vibes to me but I may be projecting. I'm so excited for angry Lana again and heres to hoping for a Honeymoon/UV crossover sound

amazing taste!!!! a honeymoon/UV-crossover sound is the best we can get.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

Call me when she's gonna use one of those instruments:

- electric guitar
- real drums
- percussion
- synth
- real strings
- real orchestra
- bassoon/clarinet/oboe/flute
- non-LFL beats
- etc

DC7D9819-44F6-4CB7-8399-004C160A8AB7.thu

I don't understand the sudden disapproval of Erickson? His compositions are masterful. If anyone is responsible for the weaker Blue Banisters cuts (Beautiful, Violets for Roses) is Lana herself. He does a great job and I'm super excited for this new record.

I also don't think this will be another "Chemtrails over the Blue Banisters", as I have been reading on social media. I feel like this new one and Norman will sandwich Chem and Blue. I always see those records are just little projects, although they are some of my favorite work of hers.