Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, Brow Bone said:

wordy? downaboutthemeninthemusicbusinessconference 2.0 INCOMING :nails:

pls don't speak this into existence..that line is the only bad part about white dress :bebe: (nobody k word me)

I really love how much Honeymoon has been brought to the conversation lately.

between her current looks, her Instagram user name, and her mentioning “Swan Song” as her saddest songs PLUS saying her new work is almost spoken poetry with orchestra sounds… it’s like Honeymoon 2.0

I think it makes sense after such minimalist eras (nfr, cotcc, bb) to come back to a maximalist approach albeit with her newer, diarylike lyrics. Kinda reminds me of FATM returning to maximalism in Dance Fever after two very visually subdued records.

i just feel we might be getting old Lana aesthetics and vibes with her new perspective and powerful lyricism. That’s very exciting to me:party:

When we find out that DNC actually stood for Dealer, Noir, Cruel World in order to showcase that her next album would be her old Hollywood glamour, conversational angry magnum opus by providing examples of songs that are similar to the album :true:

imageproxy.jpg

7 minutes ago, wildheart said:

I really love how much Honeymoon has been brought to the conversation lately.

between her current looks, her Instagram user name, and her mentioning “Swan Song” as her saddest songs PLUS saying her new work is almost spoken poetry with orchestra sounds… it’s like Honeymoon 2.0

I think it makes sense after such minimalist eras (nfr, cotcc, bb) to come back to a maximalist approach albeit with her newer, diarylike lyrics. Kinda reminds me of FATM returning to maximalism in Dance Fever after two very visually subdued records.

i just feel we might be getting old Lana aesthetics and vibes with her new perspective and powerful lyricism. That’s very exciting to me:party:

posts like that bring back my faith in humanity.   im happy to see all those honeymoon lovers.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

7 hours ago, robertenglandgrant said:

I get the feeling she's been very inspired by Honeymoon lately. The last post on her main was from the HBTB music video, she returned on her Honeymoon account, she sang God Knows I've Tried in Italy (she did also sing BTD songs, but only with fans, this was the one time we know of where she chose one song to sing of her own accord), and she mentioned Honeymoon several times in the W Mag interview. Not sure what this means/how it relates to her new sound or lyrics, but those are my thoughts. 

Adding to this, I find it very interesting how the theme of color is brought up in the interview. She mentions the colorlessness of her new music, the pics are all in black and white, she notes how she's been told that she thinks in black and white, and as mentioned above she constantly references Honeymoon. Coincidentally, her Honeymoon account profile pic is also black and white. 

8 minutes ago, robertenglandgrant said:

Adding to this, I find it very interesting how the theme of color is brought up in the interview. She mentions the colorlessness of her new music, the pics are all in black and white, she notes how she's been told that she thinks in black and white, and as mentioned above she constantly references Honeymoon. Coincidentally, her Honeymoon account profile pic is also black and white. 

This is so poignant and brilliant of you to highlight. I feel like this black-and-white motif is really significant for the next record, particularly how it sheds light on the dimensions of colour in her previous writing.

5 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

This is so poignant and brilliant of you to highlight. I feel like this black-and-white motif is really significant for the next record, particularly how it sheds light on the dimensions of colour in her previous writing.

Thank you so much :ohmy:

So much of Lana's previous records are very colorful so I'm really excited to hear what a colorless, wordy, conversational LDR album with some orchestra sounds like 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

adding to the colour discussion bc she talks in bb about what colours other people make her banisters, or her status quo… and so i wonder if the next record will be her trying to decipher a colour for herself, or rather accept that she may never know. I hope this makes sense the way it does in my head :true:

we won today im still on a high about that 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

With the information we have, I almost feel like LDR9 will be the musical equivalent to Violet, but instead of channeling her headspace through colorful imagery, she’s giving us her pure, unfettered thoughts and emotions. 

People (including myself) always say she has such a captivating way of speaking, and I think utilizing her own conversational tone (and deliberately accenting it instrumentally) will make LDR9 perhaps her most unique record to date. 

I think candor will be a reoccurring theme throughout the album, but I don’t think it will have the same degree of autobiography that Blue Banisters had; rather, I think we’ll likely get jolted into her current pains, musings, and experiences. 

I’m definitely anticipating some snarky, on-the-nose moments now. I think we’ll also get some philosophical pondering, especially regarding her family, karma, and destiny. I’m also getting ready for some nonsensical lyrics that may naturally come from immediate lyricism (think Kurt Cobain). 

I’m excited! Sonically, I have no idea if we’ll see anything new, but orchestras and an 808….I’m intrigued:brows:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Dreaming in No Color ????

….a play on the phrase “dreaming in technicolor” which normally denotes being wildly unrealistic. We’ve even seen her toy with this concept before in Get Free

There’s no more chasing rainbows/

And hoping for an end to them/

Their arches are illusions/

Solid at first glance.”

just an unrealistic guess lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath