Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

5 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I go back and forth about her most painful rollout as a fan, and it most definitely was between NFR and Blue Banisters

NFR hands down for me. It dragged too long and she teased way too much, way too much ahead of release. There were also almost no interviews and when there were, it was almost always about the Gucci perfume… or Violet that she started teasing. The proper era began, IMO, with the trailer and preorder. 
NFR was not that bad considering how « small » the era was and how it wasn’t a long pre-release era. 

fuck tbh i don't even remember so much about NFR's rollout from an emotional timeline's viewpoint but that was pretty long wasn't it. all i remember was how impactful it was to cocc then to bb. 

seems like bb was released just yesterday too so the projects are kinda cascading beautifully schedule wise this time around. i kinda feel a bit spoiled ngl ty Mama W Magazine Del Rey 

UV/Honeymoon

automatic writing is often associated with surrealism, so i'm excited to see in witch ways she might chanel this movement (schiaparelli collab please)

1 minute ago, Wait For Life said:

October 2021

Oops, autopilot! After struggling for so many weeks in the new year to not type 2021 instead of 2022, here I am now typing 2022 for everything :toofunny: I've adjusted it x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, Elle said:

Oops, autopilot! After struggling for so many weeks in the new year to not type 2021 instead of 2022, here I am now typing 2022 for everything :toofunny: I've adjusted it x

Coincidence, I think not.  Ldr9 October release confirmed!

Np, it's funny cus that livestream almost feels like it was in 2022

908754010402590770.gif?size=96&quality=l

3 hours ago, Elle said:

I'll keep an open mind but based on that interview it's gonna be more Text Book /Wallflower Wildfire type songs and tbh that would be disappointing

I don't listen to music - hers or anyone else's - to hear diary entry (or voice message) recitations

That type of lyricism has to be married with the music far better than what it was on BB to work, imo

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

47 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

She wanted collaboration with Migos. Maybe they're feature and they rapping QFTC:um2:

QFTC - Lil Lanita (Ft. Migos)

[Verse 1: Lil Lanita]

yo, lil lanita on the beat
now that doja cardi and queen bee have all gone number one
can i please go back to singing about stripping and rum
i'm fed up with female writers saying i glamorize abuse
i don't glamorize, i'm just glamorous, don't get it confused
i think it's pathetic that my minor lyrical explorations
are heard as an anti-feminist declarations
listen closely, my word is holy
i'm not not a feminist 
and i'm not not a satanist
what i am is delicate, authentic and prophetic, the best vocalist
why can't i be passive and submissive without angering progressives
i'm just honest about my relationships
news flash! sometimes that's just how it is
welcome to the men in music conference biz
i'll detail these thoughts in my next two poetry books
go listen to born to die if you just want catchy hooks
yea, im lil lanita and i just spit some bars
now please excuse me because i'm going to the bar yuh
thanks for listening bitches, happy quarantining yuh

2 hours ago, cinnamongirI said:

lana revealed the name for norman in 2018 and released it in 2019. I fear we have to wait another year

or maybe she already had a title in her mind but she didnt want to publicly share it yet :hype: or at least her team advised her not to (for now)

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

hYEJ7Tu.jpg

3Xmuvfh.jpg

Producers: Jack Antonoff, Drew Erickson, Lana Del Rey

Description: Experimental, Singer-Songwriter, Concept Record

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

hYEJ7Tu.jpg

3Xmuvfh.jpg

this cover feels like itd serve shoegaze excellence :makeup:

the more i think abt the album's few (possible) clues and how it might all come together, the more it seems so ambitious to me - i fear we might be in for an experimental, hypnotic, spiritual, highly conceptual masterpiece :wipe: automatic writing, the unconscious, surrealism, old hollywood, hysteria, poetry, honeymoon's lush orchestral production?? brian eno and david lynch could never :wowcry: manifesting so hard :kris:

mUENGN9.png

28 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

hYEJ7Tu.jpg

3Xmuvfh.jpg

I really like this. I can see the cover being something like that cause the b&w matches the vibe of the "stream of consciousness" type of record she seems to be going for (even though it's Lana and we know she's not the best as describing her own music so maybe we are getting something more carefree in sound even if the lyrics are on the complex side)

giphy.gif

I almost wonder if this wordy, whatever-comes-to-mind style will sound anything like this in terms of songwriting 

it’s also coincidentally a song that Lana improvised over that led to the creation of Never Let Me Go

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath