Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

34 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I'm not going to lie, Lana being on a magazine cover doesn't make me hype that new music is coming soon.

After NFR she was on a magazine cover in October where she first talked about Let Me Love You Like a Woman and the song didn't come out for a whole year, and she did a lot of magazines in early 2019 and NFR didn't come until August.

She's been known to cover magazines without music being close close. W is a fashion magazine and they don't regularly have 'music editions' so I think that's why she was on the cover this month. That said, I do think the album will probably be out this year, but I'm not going to take W magazine as an indication that it's closer than we think. Until she or her team or some reliable insiders start teasing the project I'm going to consider it far far away.

but if u said so, whats the point of putting her on a music edition right now? If theres nothing coming in at least 6-7 months?

They can just choose any bigger name other than Lana to cover this new issue & as you guys said earlier: Lana & her team is really doing the most this time to keep every piece of info stay where they're supposed to be - no leakers no snippets no false promising no fake dates etc. this time. She probably lied when she was being interviewed that she did not have a title,but only God knows how far she's gone behind the scenes cooking up this era.

She's about to be on Interview mag as well (hopefully), going out & attending fashion events & being so active, for Lana - i really believe she only being active if there's new music-related stuff coming (or at least poetry).

And her stop using @lanadelrey, moved to @honeymoon, instead of 100% quitting SNS, she is still using her smaller ig account & keeping it lowkey, but still enough to spark some conversation around her, what she's been doing & stuff. I dont think this is for nothing.

So... lets hop on the delulu train :party:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

7 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

but if u said so, whats the point of putting her on a music edition right now? If theres nothing coming in at least 6-7 months?

They can just choose any bigger name other than Lana to cover this new issue & as you guys said earlier: Lana & her team is really doing the most this time to keep every piece of info stay where they're supposed to be - no leakers no snippets no false promising no fake dates etc. this time. She probably lied when she was being interviewed that she did not have a title,but only God knows how far she's gone behind the scenes cooking up this era.

She's about to be on Interview mag as well (hopefully), going out & attending fashion events & being so active, for Lana - i really believe she only being active if there's new music-related stuff coming (or at least poetry).

And her stop using @lanadelrey, moved to @honeymoon, instead of 100% quitting SNS, she is still using her smaller ig account & keeping it lowkey, but still enough to spark some conversation around her, what she's been doing & stuff. I dont think this is for nothing.

I mean it is really hard to tell with Lana, I was just saying that she's covered magazines many many times before without music being close. It's not out of the ordinary for her. I do like that they didn't reveal a date (the magazine in 2019 saying spring for NFR, magazines in 2017 saying March for LFL, Interview saying september for COCC) or album title. I think she didn't reveal the title because it's not set in stone yet. She's announced album titles early multiple times and ended up changing her mind (White Hot Forever, Rock Candy Sweet)

I just think it's best to not overhype ourselves and think new music is coming in any time frame just because she covered one magazine. I'd love to be proven wrong though! :oopna:

"Don’t forget me"

10 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

I truly think we're getting an oct 2022- march 2023 release. with the gucci event/italy, her being so active, the mag cover, her recently going public for an extended period of time on Honeymoon, etc. something is in the works/coming and shes keeping it lowkey. 

☆Credit Card Romancer♡61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7

9 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

i think we prob won't get a new album til next year, but i do think we'll get something else (poetry book? some singles?) before then.

Dying for the new poetry book. I hope it’s comingggg 

can I just ask you how are you being so hopeful when she literally said “it’s a wordy album. it’s conversational. I just sing things to my voice memos and send them to Drew for him to put orchestra over it” or even “i found hard to have ideas when I’m alone” like we’re literally gonna get an album with no rhythm, songs with no structure full of verses without a chorus… I’m finding really hard to be hopeful about the next era. but I don’t wanna be negative so I’m just happy we’re getting music soon but I’m scared 

0YnL0Kf.gif

Had a date with an Older bear last night, cooked me food, great convo and great make out sessions

so now I need Lana do release some sex music causeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee a bitch is about to go down 

I hope when she means wordy it’s in the music scape of Hope but also to quirky ness of off to the races. Whatever it is, I’m excited  to hear how the melody sounds with the lyrics she teased

anyways I’m excited for this, the no colour aspect has me very intrigued. Her albums are steeped with colour, red blue and yellow skies

no colour is…………..melancholic 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

In regards to wordiness, I feel like that's something Lana's always done. Off To The Races and Tired of Singing The Blues come to mind to me for some reason. Wordiness or even conversational songs aren't something new to her writing (ex: Sirens is, in my opinion, a conversational album), so I'm not going to assume anything about how the album's gonna sound lyrically just because while it's not anything new for Lana, I feel like it's evolved throughout the years

imageproxy.jpg

11 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I mean it is really hard to tell with Lana, I was just saying that she's covered magazines many many times before without music being close. It's not out of the ordinary for her. I do like that they didn't reveal a date (the magazine in 2019 saying spring for NFR, magazines in 2017 saying March for LFL, Interview saying september for COCC) or album title. I think she didn't reveal the title because it's not set in stone yet. She's announced album titles early multiple times and ended up changing her mind (White Hot Forever, Rock Candy Sweet)

I just think it's best to not overhype ourselves and think new music is coming in any time frame just because she covered one magazine. I'd love to be proven wrong though! :oopna:

yeah i hope ur wrong tho, the thing is the more im stanning Lana, the more im getting greedy (yes i love to lie to myself) :air2:

But come to think of it: Ever since 2020, post-NFR release, Lana seems to merged herself into a new lifestyle. Yes she used to cover a lot of magazines in-between her era many times back then, we can see now she is not doing that anymore (she didnt even do a proper photoshoot for The Rolling Stone Mag & Vanity Fair, she used a screenshot from her video clips lol to send them as magazine covers). So for her to even leave her house, leave California, leave her country lifestyle/ Nikki Lane mania to catch a flight to New York, put luxury designers on her body again, get glam, attend Gucci fashion show/party. So a bitch can dream :angie:

Cuz hope is a dangerous thing - but i have it 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

the thing about 'wordiness' that gets me is she also says she isn't using colors and is just singing what comes to mind. So many of her songs have been super descriptive, and quite frankly she's doing the opposite of what I've been wanting her to do. Instead of going back to a creative writing style she's doubling down on her more recent writing style. I'm trying hard to not be negative, and I'm going to wait until we get a taste of the new music, but I am a little nervous

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

the thing about 'wordiness' that gets me is she also says she isn't using colors and is just singing what comes to mind. So many of her songs have been super descriptive, and quite frankly she's doing the opposite of what I've been wanting her to do. Instead of going back to a creative writing style she's doubling down on her more recent writing style. I'm trying hard to not be negative, and I'm going to wait until we get a taste of the new music, but I am a little nervous

Same... one of my favorite things about Lana is her storytelling and how she paints really clear pictures with her lyrics so I'm not sure about her approach for the next album. At the same time I'm not that worried cause even if her recent output has been lyrically different in style it still had the foundations of what I love about Lana's music.

I just hope the melodies are strong and it's not too much like a spoken word album, we already have her poetry for that :icant:

giphy.gif

40 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

yeah I think the super wordy, stream of consciousness lyrical style she has lately kinda kills the vibe. 

It’s really impressive songwriting but personally there’s no replay value for me. The music isn’t catchy or “fun” to listen to. And paired with the bare bones instrumental style she’s arrived at…not really easy listening 

but I have faith, she said there’s drums and orchestra right? 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

This part of the album cycle is reminding me of late 2014 when she was just starting to talk about her jazz inspirations for Honeymoon. I even think the recent glam is reminiscent of that time; the Gucci look is so reminiscent of her second night at Hollywood Forever Cemetery, and the W Mag shoot is thematically similar to the Galore Mag shoot - 

Spoiler

tumblr_ndrs5wMsPI1rk2e30o1_1280.jpg4d435943625fed1faef3273e2ee991b4

Spoiler

52081123354_d779a048d0_b.jpgDegUP0oVQAEkF1w.jpg

4 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

He said the new songs from her, what he had heard, were excellent, like 11/10. 

oh when he praises something it must be excellent (or generic garbage) but caroline never misses so that’s a win :beyonce:

anyway no more stripped back piano, 6 unreleased songs from youtube, jack farts over 2 guitar plucks shit please. new and exciting material only  :scajo2:

59 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

can I just ask you how are you being so hopeful when she literally said “it’s a wordy album. it’s conversational. I just sing things to my voice memos and send them to Drew for him to put orchestra over it” or even “i found hard to have ideas when I’m alone” like we’re literally gonna get an album with no rhythm, songs with no structure full of verses without a chorus… I’m finding really hard to be hopeful about the next era. but I don’t wanna be negative so I’m just happy we’re getting music soon but I’m scared 

Yeah nothing about what she said in the interview made me think that she is enjoying the music she is making right now. Makes me wonder why she doesn’t just release the the wordy songs as part of the poetry book she is working on and wait until she gets inspiration to release new music. There are many projects that she could release in the mean time like a 10th anniversary BTD reissue or the covers album. She can obviously release whatever she wants though, and I’ll listen to whatever she puts out but keeping my expectations low for now. 

11 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

yeah I think the super wordy, stream of consciousness lyrical style she has lately kinda kills the vibe. 

It’s really impressive songwriting but personally there’s no replay value for me. The music isn’t catchy or “fun” to listen to. And paired with the bare bones instrumental style she’s arrived at…not really easy listening 

but I have faith, she said there’s drums and orchestra right? 

I completely agree. While Blue Banisters is good, it’s very hard to just casually play and enjoy the songs, it takes a very specific headspace and when you’re in that headspace it isn’t a ‘jam out’ mood.

I do fear that her and I are going different directions, and it’s super easy for other users to say “well if you don’t like her or the direction she’s going, stop being a fan” because truthfully I’m not as big a fan of her as I was and it breaks my heart. I’ve had such a connection with her and the music for 10 years and it’s sad that I can’t vibe to her new music like I used to. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’m so happy for the people who are happy at the direction she’s going and are getting exactly what they want from her, but I’m not anymore. When she describes the new album as wordy and raw it just sounds even less like what I want 

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

I completely agree. While Blue Banisters is good, it’s very hard to just casually play and enjoy the songs, it takes a very specific headspace and when you’re in that headspace it isn’t a ‘jam out’ mood.

I do fear that her and I are going different directions, and it’s super easy for other users to say “well if you don’t like her or the direction she’s going, stop being a fan” because truthfully I’m not as big a fan of her as I was and it breaks my heart. I’ve had such a connection with her and the music for 10 years and it’s sad that I can’t vibe to her new music like I used to. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’m so happy for the people who are happy at the direction she’s gong and are getting exactly what they want from her, but I’m not anymore. When she describes the new album as wordy and raw it just sounds even less like what I want 

exactly speak your truth. i think most OG stans feel this way (most of them do they just don’t wanna admit it but we know) :shutup:

i think after this album a lot of stan cards will be handed in…once again :crying3: but hey that’s just what it is can’t do much about it anyway. If this album is another bb or dare i say it even worse/messier (which for now doesn’t exactly sound very different especially with the producers involved) it’ll be the 4th album on this downward spiral for many people in the fandom and it’ll kinda be pointless to expect/wait for her to give us what we want/need again cause it just won’t be happening. Unfortunately no relationship lasts forever even with your favorite artist, we can only wait and see :wipe: