Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

31 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

yeah I think the super wordy, stream of consciousness lyrical style she has lately kinda kills the vibe.Ā 
Ā 

Itā€™s really impressive songwriting but personally thereā€™s no replay value for me. The music isnā€™t catchy or ā€œfunā€ to listen to. And paired with the bare bones instrumental style sheā€™s arrived atā€¦not really easy listeningĀ 

Yup. This is exactly why I think that while a song like "hope", while lyrically interesting, is a dud, it's boring, it doesn't make for casual listenings.

Ā 

I think the stream of consciousness lyrical style works on certain songs, like "Text Book", but otherwise it's not really the vibe I prefer from her.
Ā 

The "wordiness" doesn't always sound very melodic to me either tbh,Ā it's kinda jarring at times, especially when it's paired with the faux-grand/understated type of production we had on NFR.

Ā 

I'm just cautiously excited for new music at this point.

9 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

exactly speak your truth. i think most OG stans feel this way (most of them do they just donā€™t wanna admit it but we know)Ā :shutup:

Ā i think after this album a lot of stan cards will be handed inā€¦once againĀ :crying3:Ā but heyĀ thatā€™s just what it is canā€™t do much about it anyway. If this album is another bb or dare i say it even worse/messier (which for now doesnā€™t exactly sound very different especially with the producers involved) itā€™ll be the 4th album on this downward spiral for many people in the fandom and itā€™llĀ kinda be pointless to expect/wait for her to give us what we want/need againĀ cause it just wonā€™t be happening. Unfortunately noĀ relationship lasts forever even with your favorite artist, we can only wait and seeĀ :wipe:

Ā 

I'm sure there are plenty of OG fans who are happy, and love the direction she's going and that's awesome, I'm glad they still feel that connection.

Ā 

I do think whatever this album ends up being, it will be a more complete vision. She's spoken highly of the album, so I trust that there will be some highlights, but I do agree it's going to be another decisive album that is going to test some fans. I really do have hope that at one point or another she'll find that muse and be filled with ideas again. Watercolor Eyes has really pretty and creative lyrics, so we know she still has it. I think this writer's block is part of the reason she's been in the same headspace lately.

"Donā€™t forget me"

I'm curious to see how this "wordy, conversational album" will fuse with what Rob described as "ethereal" and a possible insider described with the words "foggy beachy vibes".

At least the W Magazine photos seem not to be contrary to what the latter revealed.

It's amazing how different lyricism hits different people, because I find nothing redeeming about the lyrics of Watercolor Eyes and they don't touch almost anything on the past three albums in terms of that

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedĀ Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.Ā 

Ā 

18 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Ā 

I'm sure there are plenty of OG fans who are happy, and love the direction she's going and that's awesome, I'm glad they still feel that connection.

Ā 

I do think whatever this album ends up being, it will be a more complete vision. She's spoken highly of the album, so I trust that there will be some highlights, but I do agree it's going to be another decisive album that is going to test some fans. I really do have hope that at one point or another she'll find that muse and be filled with ideas again. Watercolor Eyes has really pretty and creative lyrics, so we know she still has it. I think this writer's block is part of the reason she's been in the same headspace lately.

Exactly, like not even saying she makes bad music now, she still gave us many awesome moments, visually and sonically and obviously still gotĀ it (when she wants to) thereā€™s just this sense of inconsistency with her since norman.Ā ButĀ itā€™s not like sheā€™s a lost cause,Ā her latest outings, esthetic and mood at least same very different from cocc/bb and more old school lana which could be a good sign. Weā€™ll know more once the first single is outĀ :yesnod:

I for one am extremely intrigued by the automatic writing approach. I think we're going to get something really abstract and unhinged, an unpredictable exploration of Lana's mind without filters.

Waist Deep in Icy Waves, but the Sharks Keep Me Company and My Blanket Is on the Shore,Ā the ninth studio album by Lana Del Rey.Ā 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

1 hour ago, lanasbottom said:

exactly speak your truth. i think most OG stans feel this way (most of them do they just donā€™t wanna admit it but we know)Ā :shutup:

Ā i think after this album a lot of stan cards will be handed inā€¦once againĀ :crying3:Ā but heyĀ thatā€™s just what it is canā€™t do much about it anyway. If this album is another bb or dare i say it even worse/messier (which for now doesnā€™t exactly sound very different especially with the producers involved) itā€™ll be the 4th album on this downward spiral for many people in the fandom and itā€™llĀ kinda be pointless to expect/wait for her to give us what we want/need againĀ cause it just wonā€™t be happening. Unfortunately noĀ relationship lasts forever even with your favorite artist, we can only wait and seeĀ :wipe:

yeah, ever since the start of BBā€™s rollout Iā€™ve been not enjoying much of what she puts out (which is a real shame, as iā€™ve connected with so much of her work in the past). The fact that my favorite songs on BB are outtakes from years ago doesnā€™t give me much hope either, and i really donā€™t vibe with the lyricism of songs like BB/TB/WW. some songs would work much better as a poem for her next book, rather than a song on an album.

Ā 

I find it funny when people take ā€œwordinessā€ as something like off to the races, whichā€¦. i think we can easily deduceĀ will not be the case.Ā 

Ā 

Anyways,Ā watercolor eyes was great and I hope she somehow finds a way to return to writing like that for a whole album! missing norman rn <\3Ā 

13 minutes ago, Mer said:

Waist Deep in Icy Waves, but the Sharks Keep Me Company and My Blanket Is on the Shore,Ā the ninth studio album by Lana Del Rey.Ā 

with the closing trackĀ  Sharks Are a Dangerous Thing for a Woman like Me In Waist Deep Water - but I Can't Escape Them

2 hours ago, lanasbottom said:

Ā i think after this album a lot of stan cards will be handed inā€¦once again

Arenā€˜t we hearing this with every new released record since HoneymoonĀ :hide:

Lana mentioning ā€œicy wavesā€Ā makes me wonder how amazing a true winter album from her would sound like especially after the recent photo shoot.Ā 
Pale, white, cold and melancholic with icy gothic hilly vibes is what I want.Ā 

2 hours ago, Thunder said:

It's amazing how different lyricism hits different people, because I find nothing redeeming about the lyrics of Watercolor Eyes and they don't touch almost anything on the past three albums in terms of that

Ā 

You're not wrong. Extremely lazy music writing.

6 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

Lana mentioning ā€œicy wavesā€Ā makes me wonder how amazing a true winter album from her would sound like especially after the recent photo shoot.Ā 
Pale, white, cold and melancholic with icy gothic hilly vibes is what I want.Ā 

Ā 

December release incomingĀ :wowcry:

Waist deep in the icy waves of a dark, cloudy beach aesthetic for LDR9 incomingĀ :true:

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā imageproxy.jpg

2 hours ago, DCooper said:

I for one am extremely intrigued by the automatic writing approach. I think we're going to get something really abstract and unhinged, an unpredictable exploration of Lana's mind without filters.

Ā 

exactly, while Blue Banisters isn't my top favourite works of hers, it's still one of her most interesting album in lyrical content, the stories she tells through this form of songwriting give us so many opportunities to see her from different sides, through different lenses.Ā 

I don't know how i should feel about a "wordy" album, since i dont actually know what she exactly meant by "wordy" or "automatically singing/writing" (im actually just too excited for new music & her comeback), but nevertheless, the way she described this album is still really interesting - it might not what i want from her but because this is Lana, she will absolutely serve something really unexpected and that's why i'm here.Ā :defeated:

@WHORE OF TROPICO Ā  ā‡Ø Ā  @SALVAWHOREĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFsĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon ā€” ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Ā 

6 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

it might not what i want from her but because this is Lana, she will absolutely serve something really unexpected and that's why i'm here.Ā :defeated:

Ā 

This is a great point. I'm not here because I love my own approach to music, I'm here because I love Lana's. She has consistently delivered complex and creative projects so I am sure we are in for another treat no matter what we get.