Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

This is a great point. I'm not here because I love my own approach to music, I'm here because I love Lana's. She has consistently delivered complex and creative projects so I am sure we are in for another treat no matter what we get.

Yes, totally agree x2

We do share a huge love for Lana but that does not mean that we always get what we personally want (maybe for now), I remember listening to Ultraviolence for the first time and i did not like it as much as BTD/PE era, but through the years, it's eventually my favourite album from her (and even of all time). So i think it's not always about "what we want and she serves that specifically to us" right in the destination of our expection, it's about the joy of seeing new vibes & experiencing the unexpected (even at the end of the day we might not like it) & the progress of it - might even grow on you at some point of your life.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Ben reposted her W Magazine cover with the caption "New music in the works"

I feel that it's a good sign that one of her managers confirms new music is coming x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

2 minutes ago, Elle said:

Ben reposted her W Magazine cover with the caption "New music in the works"

I feel that it's a good sign that one of her managers confirms new music is coming x

This & the Gucci serve & official LDR9 pre-pre-release thread & all of her albums are gaining really hugeeee numbers on Spotify this week (Born to Die & Honeymoon just had one of its highest streaming day ever)

what a great week to be a Lana stan!!! :illumilana2:

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

I think the suggested writer’s block won’t impact LDR9 very much considering she’s taking a new approach to songwriting on this record via automatic singing.

I think that—because of how extremely diaristic her recent works have been—she simply needs more life experiences to continue to fuel that more autobiographical style. 

Because of this, I expect LDR9‘s darker songs’ writing to resemble LA Who Am I To Love You, whereas the happier tracks may be more similar to the nonsensical (in a good way) ramblings of songs like Venice Bitch. 

I have a feeling LDR9 will contain some of her best lyrical moments but potentially some not-so-well-received ones because of how impromptu the composition of the record sounds. 

Either way, I’m super excited. I feel like this record will have the detached, almost philosophical overtones of Honeymoon but will perhaps lack the saturation of Lanaisms and grandeur. 

We’ll see! :)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

45 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

This & the Gucci serve & official LDR9 pre-pre-release thread & all of her albums are gaining really hugeeee numbers on Spotify this week (Born to Die & Honeymoon just had one of its highest streaming day ever)

what a great week to be a Lana stan!!! :illumilana2:

Don’t forget that Ben also participated in the Eurovision Song Contest, they both said gay rights this week :sass:

do we think Waist Deep In Icy Waves is a song title?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

or Icy Ocean Glamour? she posted that too so who knows

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 hours ago, Mer said:

Waist Deep in Icy Waves, but the Sharks Keep Me Company and My Blanket Is on the Shore, the ninth studio album by Lana Del Rey. 

Fuck yeah long titles always mean greatness

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Icy Water........ Swan Song mentions Ice water and diving in it......... Lana mentioned in the W Magazine interview and said it's a beautiful song about giving up (a swan song)....OMG HM Sequel Finally OUt soon..... her singing GKIT (also a depressing song about surrendering) also from HM, omg her catholic psychedelic synth folk album about being suicidal incoming ( any crossover with BTIG, which also hints at such a theme as endings sorrow and well sue of side?). I'm guessing it's about what happens after the honeymoon period in a toxic relationship (See Thanks To The Locals from Violet as that was about the relationship HM was about, but in starker terms....... Wow, the syncronicity of lana making this depressed Magnus Opus while I've been more depressed and let's say idealistic than ever...... Great Minds Think Alike.  While I like the idea of a winter album I think it being about sadness hints at a summer album because lana's music tends to associate summer with sorrow (I mean come on Summertime Sadness aka Suicidal Lesbian Lovers: The Bop). Whereas I think (obvs speculation) she associates Winter with happiness. Perhaps family. Probably holidays. I like non typical seasonal metaphors.

1 minute ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

Icy Water........ Swan Song mentions Ice water and diving in it......... Lana mentioned in the W Magazine interview and said it's a beautiful song about giving up (a swan song)....OMG HM Sequel Finally OUt soon..... her singing GKIT (also a depressing song about surrendering) also from HM, omg her catholic psychedelic synth folk album about being suicidal incoming ( any crossover with BTIG, which also hints at such a theme as endings sorrow and well sue of side?). I'm guessing it's about what happens after the honeymoon period in a toxic relationship (See Thanks To The Locals from Violet as that was about the relationship HM was about, but in starker terms....... Wow, the syncronicity of lana making this depressed Magnus Opus while I've been more depressed and let's say idealistic than ever...... Great Minds Think Alike.  While I like the idea of a winter album I think it being about sadness hints at a summer album because lana's music tends to associate summer with sorrow (I mean come on Summertime Sadness aka Suicidal Lesbian Lovers: The Bop). Whereas I think (obvs speculation) she associates Winter with happiness. Perhaps family. Probably holidays.perhaps the freedom of not being home for the summer. I like non typical seasonal metaphors.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

4 minutes ago, Thoth said:

Just for fun

dnc4.jpg

unmanifesting i talk to jesus

giphy.gif

Just a lil cute vibe while we're in the hype 

DEATH NEVER CAME IN DEL NORTE COUNTY

oPPN3AF.jpg

1lyl1Rz.jpg

Tracklist 

1. Death Never Came  [3:45]

2. Once A Bad Girl... Always  [4:04]

3. Liz, I'm Calling From Calihoma  [5:22]

4. Belladonna  [3:23]

5. Holly-Stay-Weird  [3:34] *track 5 to get down real low to tradition*

6. Nadar De Noche (with ROSALÍA)  [4:20]

7. Never Too Late To Stay In My Bed  [2:39]

8. Holiday On The Moon  [5:01]

9. Del Norte County - Interlude   [1:12]

10. Peach Fuzz   [3:05]

11. To Kill The Vultures, To Feed The Culture   [4:45]

12. Waist Deep In Icy Waves  [3:58]

13. Requiem For The Last Piece Of Heaven  [5:49]

14. Her Final Blood Red Moon  [2:12]

15. Roses Bloom For You  [4:34]

16. Forever - My Sun Chaser  [7:04]

Album length: 1h02m

Vinyl color:

5gXDpNq.png

Y'all are so creative :wowcry:

Stream Honeymoon! I'm going to need everyone to stream Honeymoon!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, avenue said:

my take on the dnc w magazine mockup

b4tRPkg.pngptvB9hf.png

Perfect :true:

I need "Liz, I'm calling from California" as a song title NOW

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I know I like to speculate a lot about what's coming without knowing a single thing but it's so funny seeing people complaining about an album we haven't heard yet :thumb2:

and when she's notoriously bad at describing her own music :awkney: retro future jazz humanism...