Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Maybe I'm misremembering things but didn't Jack say during the Chemtrails pre release era that they used up every song they had for that album? If NFR and Chemtrails were indeed recorded almost at the same time, are the [redacted] NFR songs all a lie? :um2:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

Maybe I'm misremembering things but didn't Jack say during the Chemtrails pre release era that they used up every song they had for that album? If NFR and Chemtrails were indeed recorded almost at the same time, are the [redacted] NFR songs all a lie? :um2:

i think they said that in terms of "songs that meant for Chemtrails" only - you know - the softer, more mellow sound of NFR, the "bombastic" side of NFR i believe still do exist.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

i think they said that in terms of "songs that meant for Chemtrails" only - you know - the softer, more mellow sound of NFR, the "bombastic" side of NFR i believe still do exist.

Oh it makes sense. So she was basically making a triple album with Jack at that time :gasp:

I hope we get to hear some of that eventually (maybe even sprinkled among some of the more wordy ones on LDR).

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

Oh it makes sense. So she was basically making a triple album with Jack at that time :gasp:

I hope we get to hear some of that eventually (maybe even sprinkled among some of the more wordy ones on LDR).

so if they really used up everysong they had in terms of "slower songs" for Chemtrails album then no more piano flops / recycling slow muffled piano beats for LDR9, only the BOMBASTICS

we still won we still got it honey.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Wordy and conversational screams Leonard Cohen to me.

I’ll almost always prefer her original work, but imagine we get a cover of Hallelujah or Suzanne:krylie:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I wonder where is she channeling her anger to this time. The possibilities are endless:

- Pat (My Momma, WFWF, BBS...)

- The media, fame (too many examples)

- Alt singers :hide: (FMWUTTT, Qftc)

- Ex lovers (In My Feelings, Dealer maybe)

- In a more existential (?) way (G&M, The greatest)

- Pat (again) 

I find interesting that one of the few details she gave about the album was "I'm angry" cause I didn't expect her to still be so I'm curious to see if she's doubling down on the same topics of BB or if she's giving us another "type" of anger.

I just hope Jack doesn't get in the way and we get to see the real unedited rambling that comes out of Lana's mouth when she's angry and not the sugar coated version he'd want to put out to not get associated with any "controversy" :wtf3:

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I wonder where is she channeling her anger to this time. The possibilities are endless:

- Pat (My Momma, WFWF, BBS...)

- The media, fame (too many examples)

- Alt singers :hide: (FMWUTTT, Qftc)

- Ex lovers (In My Feelings, Dealer maybe)

- In a more existential (?) way (G&M, The greatest)

- Pat (again) 

I find interesting that one of the few details she gave about the album was "I'm angry" cause I didn't expect her to still be so I'm curious to see if she's doubling down on the same topics of BB or if she's giving us another "type" of anger.

I just hope Jack doesn't get in the way and we get to see the real unedited rambling that comes out of Lana's mouth when she's angry and not the sugar coated version he'd want to put out to not get associated with any "controversy" :wtf3:

I am lowkey kinda here for Questions For The Culture by Lana Del Rey that has a "fuck everyone and their (my) mom" vibe to it. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

25 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

he dated Lena Dunham so I think we’re in the clear:ma:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Lanita post an anouncement in June-July challenge

3 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Lanita post an anouncement in June-July challenge

I really think the W magazine cover and interview was the start of the era. I have a feeling we will get the lead somewhere this summer. Until then… a snippet?

4 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I really think the W magazine cover and interview was the start of the era. I have a feeling we will get the lead somewhere this summer. Until then… a snippet?

dont forget we have another possible Interview magazine cover in stored.

So if the next album is going to be this wordy drew Erickson channeled thing then what will happen to The Bombastic Songs where are they? I got the feeling that once she had finished BB (July??) that she was making some hot music and maybe they got lumped into that project and now she's in the middle of writing this new thing that will come out first? Unless they're all becoming one horny intellectual album which would be cool.. i mean I'm just now remembering that she was working with Jack again and Jack mentioned "tuning 808s"?? It seems like 2 very different things are happening at once???

50 minutes ago, honey dew said:

So if the next album is going to be this wordy drew Erickson channeled thing then what will happen to The Bombastic Songs where are they? I got the feeling that once she had finished BB (July??) that she was making some hot music and maybe they got lumped into that project and now she's in the middle of writing this new thing that will come out first? Unless they're all becoming one horny intellectual album which would be cool.. i mean I'm just now remembering that she was working with Jack again and Jack mentioned "tuning 808s"?? It seems like 2 very different things are happening at once???

Perhaps my earlier prediction will come true after all!

An Album on Friday.

Another Saturday,

Then Sunday.

each are like 12-15 songs,

And she’ll dominate the media/charts for a year!

:godlaugh:

IMG-3521.jpg

45 minutes ago, honey dew said:

I think some of them could turn up on LDR9… She said she was angry on this album… I keep in mind that she describes an album on the songs she is making at the moment… but if she is more « direct » this time around, maybe more bop-ish sound / sexy anthems could be thrown in the mix as well. And I also keep in mind that Lana loves to make albums that are « two parts »: orchestral-wordy-automatic writing songs might coexist with the songs Jack described, maybe? 🤷🏼
by the way, Jack called the scrapped Norman songs bombastic… Lana described them, in radio interviews for Norman, as « 90s girl-group or Shangri-La girl group ». Last time she used Shangri-Las, it was for some LFL tracks and we all know how LB feels about the title track 

Spoiler

:gasp:

My Lana sense is tingling... there's something in the air. Lana and Rob in the studio teasing all the time and they suddenly stop... just in time for a magazine cover where she talks about the album :brows:

And yes I personally decided to ignore the fact that Jack is on tour for my own sake :hide:. She was at the studio with him back in April when they recorded that song he talked about but I hope it was just a late addition Lana wanted to make on a whim cause she had the voice memo and was hanging around with him there and not a sign of things not being ready :eek:(I know I'm too greedy but in my defense it's Rob's fault for teasing that much :true:)

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

And yes I personally decided to ignore the fact that Jack is on tour for my own sake :hide:

CONFIRMATION THAT ROB PRODUCED LDR9!!!

:kris:

Spoiler

Except for the song A Rant For A Woman Named Pat…

IMG-3521.jpg

the past few days i’ve been watching the lfl recording sessions that lana filmed and im really hoping she does that again. it was so sweet to watch her figure out how everything would sound n what vocal takes and notes she liked. :flutter:

6 hours ago, honey dew said:

i mean I'm just now remembering that she was working with Jack again and Jack mentioned "tuning 808s"?? It seems like 2 very different things are happening at once???

I’ve been trying to rationalize this myself. I think it’s definitely possible to see both the bombastic songs and the wordy/conversational ones on the same record, but who knows. 

I mean, who would have guessed we’d get Dealer and Cherry Blossom on the the same album lol. Then again, maybe she’s saving the more upbeat ones for LDR10 or a later record. 

It’s even more confusing when you factor in her collab requests/wishes (Migos, Pusha T, Kali Uchis, etc.). I’m really not sure, but I’m curious to see! Hopefully the answer will be clear after LDR9 is released lol

Sylvia Plath 

6 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

the past few days i’ve been watching the lfl recording sessions that lana filmed and im really hoping she does that again. it was so sweet to watch her figure out how everything would sound n what vocal takes and notes she liked. :flutter:

Imagine if we had a full documentary on the recording process of UV with Dan... :hide:

I need to know what really happened there cause it's the only time Lana worked with a producer for just one record and never went back to him again (not counting Mike and some other random one time producers obviously)

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I’ve been trying to rationalize this myself. I think it’s definitely possible to see both the bombastic songs and the wordy/conversational ones on the same record, but who knows. 

I mean, who would have guessed we’d get Dealer and Cherry Blossom on the the same album lol. Then again, maybe she’s saving the more upbeat ones for LDR10 or a later record. 

It’s even more confusing when you factor in her collab requests/wishes (Migos, Pusha T, Kali Uchis, etc.). I’m really not sure, but I’m curious to see! Hopefully the answer will be clear after LDR9 is released lol

LFL showed us that she has no problem in mixing 2 (or more) different concepts in the same record if she suddenly changes her mind :thumb2:. I guess the conversational songs are the last ones she recorded and she has the fun ones already locked in for the album (even though we have 0 confirmation of bops incoming other than collective delusion, which I love)

giphy.gif