Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

19 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

"Orchestral yet menacing vibes" sounds like '13 Beaches' to me.

I like 'Del Norte County as a title for a track and/or an album, but have we confirmed that the DNC jacket was made by her team? Isn't it possible it's merchandise reflecting some other product and she just happened to have it on? Look at the way she's dressing day-to-day now, it's almost anything goes, but in the plainest manner possible. 

LDRVillage's director made it and he said it may appear as merch but there's no confirmation that it means anything album related. Maybe it's just a - she wore it so it's merch now - thing but I don't see Lana teasing random acronyms for nothing knowing she wore it for an award show and also had a little polaroid photoshoot with the same jacket (which is the same one of the FIILY/TG MV with another logo)

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

LDRVillage's director made it and he said it may appear as merch but there's no confirmation that it means anything album related. Maybe it's just a - she wore it so it's merch now - thing but I don't see Lana teasing random acronyms for nothing knowing she wore it for an award show and also had a little polaroid photoshoot with the same jacket (which is the same one of the FIILY/TG MV with another logo)

If he hadn’t say he made it for her, plus the Polaroid like you said, it could have meant anything. But I doubt he made it for her “randomly”… and there is nothing her discography that have the DNC initials, I think… unless he misspelled Deadly Night Shade :eek3::omfg2:

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

imagine if DNC is Dad, Nikki, and Chuck:godlaugh2:

(sorry Charlie lol)

:derpna: that would that would be underwhelming 

Honestly, small piece of me sort of hope DNC has nothing to do with the new era.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

The “trilogy” comment still haunts me. Do we think we will ever get clarification for why that comment was made/what the basis for it was?

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

47 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

The “trilogy” comment still haunts me. Do we think we will ever get clarification for why that comment was made/what the basis for it was?

Where did that come from? I know Honeymounz (or another insider) said something about NFR/Chemtrails/BB being some kind of thematic trilogy and that what's to come would be very different but they ended up saying it was all speculation on their part and nothing based on actual info :eek:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, wild caged animal said:

He used to call me DNC that stood for Deadly Nightshade Cucumber

does anybody else remember that fake jack antonoff “deadly night cypress” snippet? :flop: 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

Oofr60i.gif

can’t decide whether I love or hate how little insiders know about LDR9–I need to surrender to the process, methinks 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

2 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

Where did that come from? I know Honeymounz (or another insider) said something about NFR/Chemtrails/BB being some kind of thematic trilogy and that what's to come would be very different but they ended up saying it was all speculation on their part and nothing based on actual info :eek:

Eclipse made that assumption on ATRL. He said BTD - UV - HM form a trilogy; LFL was made for the fans so it doesn’t count in a trilogy; NFR-COCC -BB form another (the singer-songwriter trilogy). Before WCE was out, he said she had made new songs that could open up to a “new trilogy”… I read into that that it was something different from the last albums, whether or not if there really is something planned that much ahead (but I don’t think so). The real question is: How much did he hear actually? Honeymounz, on IG, said there were three other songs submitted for Euphoria but only WCE got picked up. So, I think he heard those songs and maybe DNC if it was finished back then?

8 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Eclipse made that assumption on ATRL. He said BTD - UV - HM form a trilogy; LFL was made for the fans so it doesn’t count in a trilogy; NFR-COCC -BB form another (the singer-songwriter trilogy). Before WCE was out, he said she had made new songs that could open up to a “new trilogy”… I read into that that it was something different from the last albums, whether or not if there really is something planned that much ahead (but I don’t think so). The real question is: How much did he hear actually? Honeymounz, on IG, said there were three other songs submitted for Euphoria but only WCE got picked up. So, I think he heard those songs and maybe DNC if it was finished back then?

I'm really curious about how WCE happened cause it sounds pretty different from the last albums but I don't think she wrote it from scratch for Euphoria. Maybe she had a couple of more "commercial" demos from the Drew BB sessions lying around and she submitted those and WCE was the chosen one :oic3: cause I don't see her giving away potential LDR9 tracks for a soundtrack (unless she plans on putting them on the record regardless of their fate :hide:)

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I'm really curious about how WCE happened cause it sounds pretty different from the last albums but I don't think she wrote it from scratch for Euphoria. Maybe she had a couple of more "commercial" demos from the Drew BB sessions lying around and she submitted those and WCE was the chosen one :oic3: cause I don't see her giving away potential LDR9 tracks for a soundtrack (unless she plans on putting them on the record regardless of their fate :hide:)

i mean i wouldnt mind getting WCE as at least a bonus track on her next studio album :hide:

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

i mean i wouldnt mind getting WCE as at least a bonus track on her next studio album :hide:

I'm part of the minority that really loves that track so I wouldn't mind either but I don't want it to take another potential song's place :eek:

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

i think the concept was ready with loved you then and now/rock candy sweet but she took the rock candy part from lytan and made watercolor eyes

Just now, Venice Peach said:

I'm part of the minority that really loves that track so I wouldn't mind either but I don't want it to take another potential song's place :eek:

dont worry, if that happens, its more than likely it will be released in the next album :lolliney:

1 minute ago, BartenderDeco said:

i think the concept was ready with loved you then and now/rock candy sweet but she took the rock candy part from lytan and made watercolor eyes

tbh i feel like RCS is not LYTAN. idk but a part of me feels like theyre separate songs

10 minutes ago, The Siren said:

dont worry, if that happens, its more than likely it will be released in the next album :lolliney:

tbh i feel like RCS is not LYTAN. idk but a part of me feels like theyre separate songs

I have the same feeling (and I think LYTAN is around and someone confirmed it's a separate song). What we don't know it's if RCS (the former BB title track) is LYTAN, a WCE demo or a totally different song :thumb2: If I have to guess it's just LYTAN retitled 

giphy.gif

36 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I have the same feeling (and I think LYTAN is around and someone confirmed it's a separate song). What we don't know it's if RCS (the former BB title track) is LYTAN, a WCE demo or a totally different song :thumb2: If I have to guess it's just LYTAN retitled 

I'm quite sure that snippets of LYTAN leaked a while ago already, I just didn't see much discussion around it. I don't know about RCS.

25 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

I'm quite sure that snippets of LYTAN leaked a while ago already, I just didn't see much discussion around it. I don't know about RCS.

is there a thread for the snippets or something?