Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

11 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

Yeah I agree, and I can see Honeymoon being a continuation of UV based on the title track's lyrics about violence but that's pretty much it tbh

I remember, after UV's release, she said she wanted to "rerelease it with different songs," which made no sense to me, and then came HM without much lead-up or fanfare, leading me to guess that the HM tracks were, at least in part, the songs she intended for the UV 'rerelease.' If so, then that shows an obvious connection between the two albums. 

14 hours ago, The Siren said:

dont worry, if that happens, its more than likely it will be released in the next album :lolliney:

tbh i feel like RCS is not LYTAN. idk but a part of me feels like theyre separate songs

Didn't somebody say that RCS was just a lyric in the song, just like White Hot Forever became Tulsa Jesus Freak?

Just now, Vertimus said:

I remember, after UV's release, she said she wanted to "rerelease it with different songs," which made no sense to me, and then came HM without much lead-up or fanfare, leading me to guess that the HM tracks were, at least in part, the songs she intended for the UV 'rerelease.' If so, then that shows an obvious connection between the two albums. 

She probably was just really fond of some of the outtakes and considered it for a minute (can't blame her tbh, they're really good). Lana's said a lot of things. She once said she might release a mixtape called Lifestyles of the Young and Wavy lmao

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Not sure about the trilogy thing either (I see more of a loose pattern each two albums), but there is a continuity, theme-wise, on BTD-PD-UV-HM: moving from Ny to establish yourself on the West Coast as a singer. In her relationships, she is not often portrayed as the one in charge and her string of dangerous men often seem to have “the upper hand” in the relationship. But since Norman, yes her men are still terrible, but there’s a feeling that she is there by choice and won’t crumble to the ground if the dude leaves her. 

LFL being for the fans is not totally stupid though that it is not the total picture either. Love is a tribute to her younger fans, but there’s more on LFL to please fans: Emile worked on Love, Tim Larcombe was brought back for Cherry, many fans wanted a collab with the Weeknd and ASAP, Justin Parker is a producer and writer on BPBP, there are sadcore songs on this album as well (13B, Heroin). The “political” songs are her choice, Change also, but it’s true that the initial Concept changed (spacey - witchy-new Agey- folkyish quest to happiness… As for Yosemite, it could also be seen as a love letter to her fans and her lover (we all did it for the right reasons, whether it’s her career or her love life)… but LFL didn’t find the happy ending she wished she’d find by the time she finished it (the world was still a mess, she did have another breakup, and well, her fans were her fans, leaking demos lol). 

America and the world are in a much bigger mess now, and I don't hear anyone carping about that in the arts community, but that's the way it always is. Tori Amos is silent! 

As far as LFL goes, I guess it depends on whether 'for the fans' meant, or means to us, 'for the Stans' or for the casual fan (or newcomer). I always assumed it meant the latter. If so, then the casual fan doesn't know Justin Parker from a hole in the wall, or Emile's or Tim's name either. Nor, most likely, ASAP or the Weeknd.

I can't see 'Yosemite' being written for the casual fan either. 

On the other hand, the title track, 'Love,' 'BPBP,' and 'TNC' might certainly appeal to the newcomer or, at least somewhat, as 'poppier' pop songs, to fans of BTD/P.  

3 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

America and the world are in a much bigger mess now, and I don't hear anyone carping about that in the arts community, but that's the way it always is. Tori Amos is silent! 

As far as LFL goes, I guess it depends on whether 'for the fans' meant, or means to us, 'for the Stans' or for the casual fan (or newcomer). I always assumed it meant the latter. If so, then the casual fan doesn't know Justin Parker from a hole in the wall, or Emile's or Tim's name either. Nor, most likely, ASAP or the Weeknd.

I can't see 'Yosemite' being written for the casual fan either. 

On the other hand, the title track, 'Love,' 'BPBP,' and 'TNC' might certainly appeal to the newcomer or, at least somewhat, as 'poppier' pop songs, to fans of BTD/P.  

She most likely meant that she just kept the fans in mind as opposed to making the album for herself like she usually does. It doesn't have to be a whole concept within itself that it was "for the fans". She might have finished the tracklist with us in mind rather than herself but I doubt she sat and wrote each song specifically thinking of us all. She was just more mindful and wanted people to know her intentions were good.

17 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Not sure about the trilogy thing either (I see more of a loose pattern each two albums), but there is a continuity, theme-wise, on BTD-PD-UV-HM: moving from Ny to establish yourself on the West Coast as a singer. In her relationships, she is not often portrayed as the one in charge and her string of dangerous men often seem to have “the upper hand” in the relationship. But since Norman, yes her men are still terrible, but there’s a feeling that she is there by choice and won’t crumble to the ground if the dude leaves her. 

LFL being for the fans is not totally stupid though that it is not the total picture either. Love is a tribute to her younger fans, but there’s more on LFL to please fans: Emile worked on Love, Tim Larcombe was brought back for Cherry, many fans wanted a collab with the Weeknd and ASAP, Justin Parker is a producer and writer on BPBP, there are sadcore songs on this album as well (13B, Heroin). The “political” songs are her choice, Change also, but it’s true that the initial Concept changed (spacey - witchy-new Agey- folkyish quest to happiness… As for Yosemite, it could also be seen as a love letter to her fans and her lover (we all did it for the right reasons, whether it’s her career or her love life)… but LFL didn’t find the happy ending she wished she’d find by the time she finished it (the world was still a mess, she did have another breakup, and well, her fans were her fans, leaking demos lol). 

I wonder how much the tracklist changed over time with LFL. For all we know maybe it was never "witchy" and never matched up to the album trailer's aesthetic musically (what ever that might mean).

21 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

I wonder how much the tracklist changed over time with LFL. For all we know maybe it was never "witchy" and never matched up to the album trailer's aesthetic musically (what ever that might mean).

Serene Queen, which was made at the very beginning of the album, is a bit witchy to me, but I don’t know if it was considered to be on the tracklist (can’t believe she never found a home for that one, plus it was really finished and not just a demo; Hope we get to hear an HQ version of it on album where it fits).

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Serene Queen, which was made at the very beginning of the album, is a bit witchy to me, but I don’t know if it was considered to be on the tracklist (can’t believe she never found a home for that one, plus it was really finished and not just a demo; Hope we get to hear an HQ version of it on album where it fits).

I agree, the first demo of LFL is too, but there could be another version of Serene Queen that sounds a lot different from a little later on. When Lana said years ago that we got Hollywood with the wrong production I was surprised bc it sounds finished but apparently it wasn't.

5 hours ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

Tbh  I don't want WCE on LDR9  I'd rather have new songs. We also don't know when the album is coming & if it comes out next year it would be weird to have a song on it that got released 1+ year ago but you never know with her because she wanted to put I Can Fly on Blue Banisters :hide:  But you all made me relisten to WCE & it's good. If it ends up on LDR9 I wouldn't be too mad though , just wish WCE had a bridge or more of a vocally contrast between pre chorus & chorus but it's still a good cute song & I love the artsy lyrics

I wouldn't mind to see the RCS line on LDR9 & this actually made me wonder again how this album will play out since there is no mention of colours. Wondering if we get other kind of descriptions like " you are sweet like rock candy,  the rain was fire but we were wooden or sth like the deep icy sea  and so on ":true:

I Can Fly apparently had different lyrics but the same melody when she first wrote it then rewrote it for Big Eyes so maybe the lyrics were really personal and meant a lot to her, it might not have been that version lmao. Love how she forgot she'd already released it though :rip:

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

Pre (pre) release check list of something coming:

- Direct album confirmation ✔️

- Magazine cover ✔️

- Snippets

- Lyrics ✔️

- Fake insiders ✔️

- Real insiders (kinda but not confirmed) ✔️

Reveal hidden contents

The one that knew about the teased lyrics but they assumed it was not going to be released

- A new leak right before the era starts

- Someone close to her teasing music related stuff ✔️

- Someone close to her teasing photoshoot/MV looks or locations

- Scat ✔️

- Managers teasing (kinda) ✔️

Reveal hidden contents

tapmusic reposting the "peach fuzz selfie" which is a thing they don't usually do for their artists unless the original picture has some kind of announcement attached 

- Controversy and mandatory title + fake date announcement

+ LDRVillage sellout of old merch ✔️ (which was some weeks ago)

if WCE is on LDR9, that will be the first track I delete from a Lana record since Fucked My Way Up to the Top :stareney2:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

manifest that she post something cryptic in June to start the LDR9 rollout.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

6 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

️- A new leak right before the era starts ️️

🖤 I heard you like to skip rope and break hearts 💅🏼

2 hours ago, Thunder said:

if WCE is on LDR9, that will be the first track I delete from a Lana record since Fucked My Way Up to the Top :stareney2:

i hope both parts of this statement are lies :sideeye: