Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 hour ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

I would guess BB got finished last July around the time she posted the waiting in her insta story . So basically she could work on LDR9 since then,  in October she said she has a few songs she loves & in December she apparently said the new album is gonna be better then BB. In March Rob was in the studio & Drew was charting in the studio in April ( at least that's when she posted it ). Maybe the album got a proper direction at that time & is coming together quickly now  , she was also with Jack in the studio in April. I don't think we know when she got interviewed exactly by the W magazine  but it seemed like she has some solid concept of the album at that time , I hope you know what I mean. Actually all I wanted to say is that June - July could be realistic for a single,  thanks for coming to my delulu talk :hide:

She writes so fast that it seems to be that LFL, NFR!, COCC, and BB have more or less been thrown together in the end, with no absolute direction, master plan or clear concept that 'stuck.'

COCC seems the most cohesive of the four to me, and I think the songs on LFL (for the most part) and BB work well together. 

So it seems to me that LDR9 may be another fun hodgepodge or musical stew, a little of this and a little of that, with highs and lows, dynamic songs and somewhat flat ones. 

3 hours ago, NikoGo said:

The rocket ship means her ARTPOP is almost here. 

rocket number 9 take off to the planet. To the planet. VENUS :hype:

DON’T YOU KNOW MY ASS IS FAMOUS 
lady-gaga-artrave.gif

So this is the pre-summer single someone mentioned that she apparently ended up scrapping but now changed her mind…again? :scoff:

give us a summer bop Lawna something sweet for the fucking kids 

I've been so busy that I've missed 65 pages of this new, wonderful, exciting thread but I am here now! I just finished reading that W Magazine piece and AAAAAAAA I am HYPED! :hype: I don't mind her being wordy, I've liked what I've heard in her more recent albums, but! I'm a bit worried about more piano ballads. Although I really like them as well. However, I did get excited when I read that her producer/composer has been adding reverb to her voice, it's giving me flashbacks to her earlier works... just hoping there won't be too much reverb!

Anyway. HYPED. :hype:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

On 6/3/2022 at 3:17 AM, Brow Bone said:

manifesting intensity on the record

This, please!

On 6/3/2022 at 2:00 PM, Venice Peach said:

Agreeing with what @Brow Bone said I feel the next record is going to be her most personal yet (I know this phrase gets thrown around a lot sorry :hide:) but not in a - I tell you really personal experiences - but in a "I'll try to explain who I really am and where I come from" way. 

She mentioned in the W Magazine that she thought people would get to know her through her music, interviews etc but she realized she had to be more literal for people to really get what she was trying to convey.

She did a really great job on WFWF going straight to the point so I hope for more songs like that. I wonder if she's finally "allowed" to talk about her family and if she's going to elaborate on the karmic lineage thing.

Don't get me wrong, all of her music is extremely personal but a lot of it is hidden behind (beautiful) metaphors and imagery that set the tone but make the message more obscure (but it's part of the magic of Lana's music).

She found the right balance between metaphorical and literal on BB so I'm sure the next one is going to be great too but I'm a bit scared if she's taking out a big part of what made her music so special (like she said, there's no space for color on this album) :eek:

Also, this! I also believe she will continue writing more "openly" personal lyrics and I'm so here for it. I hope this album will only contain new songs and no old demos but I still demand justice for Yes to Heaven because I think it'll truly be a work to be remembered then. Not saying that her previous albums are forgettable, of course not, but... Yeah. I have hopes that this will be something special!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

11 minutes ago, too fast too young said:

Ed hinting at a tour as well? Or is that a stretch?

"Well done @Honeymoon for putting together such a beautiful night and i can’t wait for us to do more 😉

maybe not that much of a reach omg?  :lange: 

i do think he’s more generally speaking and not necessarily teasing a fully planned out tour but maybe she’ll finally tour again during the next era (she owes us europeans that and please no "last minute cancellations to go to disneyland with Val" this time :bebe:)

1 minute ago, lanasbottom said:

"Well done @Honeymoon for putting together such a beautiful night and i can’t wait for us to do more 😉

i do think he’s more generally speaking and not necessarily teasing a fully planned out tour but maybe she’ll finally tour again during the next era (she owes us europeans that and please no "last minute cancellations to go to disneyland with Val" this time :bebe:)

Is my memory really bad or didn't Lana mention that there wasn't a tour planned for this upcoming album?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Just now, Clampigirl said:

Is my memory really bad or didn't Lana mention that there wasn't a tour planned for this upcoming album?

She said she didn't have the desire to tour COCC nor BB. Nothing about the next album's possible tour has been said I think.

Just now, PARADIXO said:

She said she didn't have the desire to tour COCC nor BB. Nothing about the next album's possible tour has been said I think.

Ahh, that must've been what I thought I remembered. That makes more sense, thanks! :D

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

20 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

Ah, the good ole "I'm sick and I have to cancel my tour that starts tomorrow but in 2 days I'm going to Disneyland teehee" 

A classic

Never believe a tour unless it's in yeehaw states in which case it's 100% on

If she ever returns to Australia I fully expect her to pass on the cities and do shows on a patch of red dirt in the outback

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

WNVV0Xe.jpg

HbHbpsw.jpg

Front + Back Cover

July 3rd:

-LDR9 Trailer (directed by BRTHR)

July 4th

-Digital Release

-Vinyl Pre-Order

-”Commerical” Track Music Video (directed by BRTHR)

July 5th

-Pop-Up Shop in Los Angeles

July 6th

-Homemade Triple Music Video Release (directed by Chuck)

July 10th

-LDR9 Title Track Music Video—with monologue—(directed by Anthony Mandler)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 hour ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

WNVV0Xe.jpg

HbHbpsw.jpg

Front + Back Cover

July 3rd:

-LDR9 Trailer (directed by BRTHR)

July 4th

-Digital Release

-Vinyl Pre-Order

-”Commerical” Track Music Video (directed by BRTHR)

July 5th

-Pop-Up Shop in Los Angeles

July 6th

-Homemade Triple Music Video Release (directed by Chuck)

July 10th

-LDR9 Title Track Music Video—with monologue—(directed by Anthony Mandler)

we can't even escape chunk in fan concepts  :trisha:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

5 hours ago, West Coast said:

So this is like when Lana says "soon" right? :eyeroll3:

Lana is too trigger happy. She probably finishes a song and has to contain herself from posting a snippet right away from the studio :hide: but I feel like her managers wouldn't tease something if they didn't already have a real release date for the near future (like within a month or so)

giphy.gif