Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

54 minutes ago, shadesofyosemite said:

I’d love to hear her take on Tears Dry and/or Wake Up Alone :true:

wake up alone is my favorite amy song ever 

i trust the bitch i know we won't get an album similar to bb she's cooking up a storm if ben is this excited about it 

If she’s actually going through with this digital drop thing it really could come very soon like,, vinyl production is what made it take so long for her last albums to come out

qfrWuBl.png

An entire album written by Lana and Barrie that sounds like the original ultraviolence concept  :oprah4: 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

Ben mentioning that the album is coming soon to Lana publicly is certainly fan-directed. 

I also feel like Lana following Rick Nowels is probably coincidental, but the old alleged screenshot confirming he’s working with Lana has me wondering if he’s worked on LDR9 or potentially a different project.

I love how mysterious this era is!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I’m super excited that it is publicly being teased/discussed. Delulu hype part of me really is hoping for a digital release with physical pre orders but I just KNOWWWW Interscope will want the sales from the physicals to count towards her 1st week sales. The billboard rule is so idiotic! My mindset is she is going to GET the sales/revenue regardless so just let her drop digital first.

Bens most recent comment is a tad confusing lol. Like grammar is our friend. To me it does sound like maybe he is referring to the album being another “songwriter’s” album. But maybe he is just referring to Lana herself. It also makes me wonder if he could be throwing shade at some less involved songwriters. Like maybe former clients?🤔

I’m excited and will wait patiently but am not getting too hyped. Ben has “soon’d” us before and it didn’t necessarily turn out being as soon as one would expect lol. Either way am hyped to see how it all plays out. The uncertainty and mystery does make it fun!

Imagine the album surprise drops digitally on a random Friday in June. No announcement, no song teases, no album artwork preview. I would love the experience of going into a Lana album completely blind and seeing the cover art, tracklist and listening all the way through with absolutely zero idea of what to expect :wub:

Tumblr

3 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

She probably just forgot to follow back Rick on the HM account :thumb2:

But either way, didn't he kinda confirm working on LDR9 in some fans DMs? It was something like "are you working on new music with Lana?" and he responded with some emojis (like sparks? I can't remember). It could be fake but I vaguely remember that they also posted a screen recording to make clear they were real messages but maybe I'm mixing things and it was already confirmed fake sorry :bebe:

It could also just be an old song (leaked or maybe unheard).

I don't think there's a single Lana album that doesn't have at least 1 Rick track so I hope they don't break the streak now :crazy:

If I had to choose, I'd much rather have a new album produced by Rick than one produced by Jack. And I'd love to see Emil Haney work with her again sometime.  

3 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

If I had to choose, I'd much rather have a new album produced by Rick than one produced by Jack. And I'd love to see Emil Haney work with her again sometime.  

I really do miss Rick! I mean her last albums have been great and I appreciate the shift/change/direction/growth but her and Rick just have something super special and it really comes across in what they create together. 

as a gamer and music lover, "soon" is such a horrible vile word lol. it could literally mean anything from a month out to a year out. whoever created it needs to be deleted

anyways hopefully we don't have to wait too long, super excited for this new project 

7 minutes ago, JFKs Fine China said:

Imagine the album surprise drops digitally on a random Friday in June. No announcement, no song teases, no album artwork preview. I would love the experience of going into a Lana album completely blind and seeing the cover art, tracklist and listening all the way through with absolutely zero idea of what to expect :wub:

Would be soooo exciting and amazing but even if she does digital only I see her announcing ahead and building hype via the traditional method (singles, mags, photos, etc) before dropping. I think the label would want some type of momentum if they were to let her do that.