Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Lana is also doing really good at streaming  right now so maybe her Management would agree with a Digital release.

Also I still think it's kinda weird that they dropped BB Digital & Physicals like one or two weeks apart,  they could have waited to drop both together since there was not a long period of time between them. My inner Delulu thinks that they maybe were carefully testing out how things will play out with the dumb new billboard rule & a digital drop:creepna3:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Ben is so excited, but they would have announced an exact date when the album will be released digitally only. So I guess they now know approximately when the vinyls will be pressed, maybe sooner than they first thought.

1 minute ago, blackestday89 said:

the rick love in this thread is overwhelming!!!!  the one who produced "the blackest day" can´t be the wrong one for her

Rick will always remain supreme to me. I love all of her work but her and Rick are just untouchable. 

1 minute ago, JFKs Fine China said:

Imagine the album surprise drops digitally on a random Friday in June. 

If she does intend on a surprise release with no singles or little promo, I would imagine that her team is going to push for a decent amount of “commercial” (or bombastic:oic:) tracks

This possibility is really interesting given that we already know **some** songs on this album will be wordy, conversational, and angry. Maybe we’ll get an album that’s a solid mix between almost spoken-poetry-style-songs and Cinnamon-Girl-esque bops:brows: 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

6 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Ben is so excited, but they would have announced an exact date when the album will be released digitally only. So I guess they know approximately when the vinyls will be pressed, maybe sooner than they first thought.

Not if they doing a surprise drop:creepna3:

///

Lana wanted to surprise COCC at first too when it was still called White Hot Forever. So she wants to surprise drop an album for some time now & maybe they let her do it this times , not trying to get my hopes up too much though

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

16 minutes ago, blackestday89 said:

the rick love in this thread is overwhelming!!!!  the one who produced "the blackest day" can´t be the wrong one for her

I think Rick brings out a certain Romantic Lana that we all love, Romantic in the original sense of the Romantic poets, as well as the contemporary meaning. '13 Beaches,' 'The Blackest Day,' 'Cherry,' 'White Mustang,' the Honeymoon title track, 'Swan Song,' etc.  

There may be a sense that that is the old Lana persona, and her work with Jack presents a woman in far more control of her life and emotions. 

I think most of the songs on BB, the new tracks, that is, but including IYLDWM, showed us a Lana in control, and facing, and thus defeating, her demons. I certainly loved the Lana of VFR.

I think IYLDWM showed us a hybrid Lana persona, Romantic and strong, in charge. Perfect. It's one of my all-time Lana favorites. 

Hopefully Rick was brought along to make the instruments well balanced & audible this time around :true:

4 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

If she does intend on a surprise release with no singles or little promo, I would imagine that her team is going to push for a decent amount of “commercial” (or bombastic:oic:) tracks

This possibility is really interesting given that we already know **some** songs on this album will be wordy, conversational, and angry. Maybe we’ll get an album that’s a solid mix between almost spoken-poetry-style-songs and Cinnamon-Girl-esque bops:brows: 

The recent W mag black and white photoshoot + Jack’s “bombastic songs” (cursed) quote + Lana saying this album is conversational makes me think of an album in the vein of Black Bathing Suit. To me, BBS is very conversational and stream of consciousness — especially the chaotic, somewhat bombastic, ending. I may be delulu because BBS is my favorite Lana song in awhile but I think an experimental, upbeat album in BBS style could do really well. 

Tumblr

Rick Nowels is a terrible producer who made Lana sound like a soulless barbie by burying her vocals under layers of excessive reverb. It was Jack Antonoff who added nuance to her music by giving it much neeeded airiness. Jack made her sound both human and elegant, something all other producers failed to do! Not surprised people in this thread can't appreciate this fact.

2 minutes ago, JFKs Fine China said:

The recent W mag black and white photoshoot + Jack’s “bombastic songs” (cursed) quote + Lana saying this album is conversational makes me think of an album in the vein of Black Bathing Suit. To me, BBS is very conversational and stream of consciousness — especially the chaotic, somewhat bombastic, ending. I may be delulu because BBS is my favorite Lana song in awhile but I think an experimental, upbeat album in BBS style could do really well. 

Yes yes yes, thiiiiisss :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

13 minutes ago, Jared said:

Rick Nowels is a terrible producer who made Lana sound like a soulless barbie by burying her vocals under layers of excessive reverb. It was Jack Antonoff who added nuance to her music by giving it much neeeded airiness. Jack made her sound both human and elegant, something all other producers failed to do! Not surprised people in this thread can't appreciate this.

If by nuance you mean making her sing in that half-hassed/half-spoken tone and making all the instruments sound inaudible and/or tinny; giving her music that incredibly dreary and understated atmosphere, then you're 100% correct. Jack added a lot of nuance to Lana's sound. :true:

I mean Rick's catalog is insane you can't deny that he is a really talented producer with a really successful career 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

3 minutes ago, Jared said:

Rick Nowels is a terrible producer who made Lana sound like a soulless barbie by burying her vocals under layers of excessive reverb. It was Jack Antonoff who added nuance to her music by giving it much neeeded airiness. Jack made her sound both human and elegant, something all other producers failed to do! Not surprised people in this thread can't appreciate this fact.

Not you again

OiUHEXQ.jpg