Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

46 minutes ago, Jared said:

Rick Nowels is a terrible producer who made Lana sound like a soulless barbie by burying her vocals under layers of excessive reverb. It was Jack Antonoff who added nuance to her music by giving it much neeeded airiness. Jack made her sound both human and elegant, something all other producers failed to do! Not surprised people in this thread can't appreciate this fact.

NURSE SHE’S OUT AGAIN !!!!

40 minutes ago, DLT said:

I would love a late June/July single and some mags/hype then a September release. Maybe another single just before drop.  A quick little pleasant rollout ala Honeymoon. 

This rollout is definitely giving HM, including the album itself. Very excited. I think we’re definitely getting it by the end of the year, November at the very latest

☆Credit Card Romancer♡61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7

It‘s never too late

to fight on Lanaboards

to shade one of Lana‘s producers

and it‘s never too late

to just appreciate all her records

or manifest Mike Deans synths

a new album in the summer
don't be a bummer, Ben
be my undercover leaker, babe, hmm

:dance:

Just now, aly said:

This rollout is definitely giving HM, including the album itself. Very excited. I think we’re definitely getting it by the end of the year, November at the very latest

Now that I am manifesting! Her best pre-release era ever. :sluttybunny::legend:

i think she might keep the real special jack songs that they've made on the album because let's be honest when jack and lana do the good songs they're good good (venice bitch, mac, nfr, white dress)

I think this is the first time ever we’ve been told an album was both incoming, and coming soon, without an album title or even a single/single title. This is turning out to be such a unique era/rollout and I’m super excited to see how this all plays out!

"Don’t forget me"

Also as much as we want limited unreleased songs on the album, there’s a few Rick produced (and written) songs that I think would fit so well. Fine China, Hollywood, Serene Queen, and Your Girl (or she can finally put out yes to heaven like she’s be trying so hard to do) 

I think her following him is probably just coincidence but I’m delulu :ohmy:

also thinking if she were to put an unreleased we’ve heard,it would only be one

Spoiler

Also correct me if I’m wrong bc I’m dumb and get producers mixed up

just remembered that—before this thread even existed—most of the fan concepts/manifestations for LDR9 had a release date for June…:ma: our minds

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

lyrically-wise, i don’t think this album is going to be anything like honeymoon, or her older more romantic works. i mean, lana kinda confirmed that herself in the interview:

“When I’m automatic singing, I don’t have the time and leisure to think about things in terms of colors. It’s very cerebral. In Honeymoon, there were so many color references: “Sometimes I wake up in the morning to red, blue, and yellow skies. It’s so crazy I could drink it like tequila sunrise.” For this new music, there’s none of that at all.”

still, recently she seemed to pay a bit homage for this album: using it for this comparison, mentioning swan song later, singing god knows i tried in the church. it seems like she still likes honeymoon and maybe she will do something similar to that record in the future. but for this project, i think she has a different vision

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

just remembered that—before this thread even existed—most of the fan concepts/manifestations for LDR9 had a release date for June…:ma: our minds

we are the zeitgeist and Lana has her pulse on the zeitgeist. We predict eachother pretty well.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

6 minutes ago, revadece said:

lyrically-wise, i don’t think this album is going to be anything like honeymoon, or her older more romantic works. i mean, lana kinda confirmed that herself in the interview:

“When I’m automatic singing, I don’t have the time and leisure to think about things in terms of colors. It’s very cerebral. In Honeymoon, there were so many color references: “Sometimes I wake up in the morning to red, blue, and yellow skies. It’s so crazy I could drink it like tequila sunrise.” For this new music, there’s none of that at all.”

still, recently she seemed to pay a bit homage for this album: using it for this comparison, mentioning swan song later, singing god knows i tried in the church. it seems like she still likes honeymoon and maybe she will do something similar to that record in the future. but for this project, i think she has a different vision

I think it’ll be similar to HM in an UV sense. Honeymoons darker cousin if u will. Old money,Hollywood glamour, black and white. She’s been referring to HM to not have it be similar or having a similar future project.

15 minutes ago, revadece said:

I completely agree. 

I think Lana might do a 180 lyrically on this record for that same reason. I mean, even as autobiographical as BB is, it’s still full of color emphasis and other similar metaphors and Lanaisms, so I think we’re in for a surprise! I’m anticipating the lyricism to be like Violet’s edgier alternative (if that makes any sense)

That being said, I do get a Honeymoon-esque vibe from this record: mystery, subtlety, seaside, luxury. Then again, we know virtually knowing else about LDR9, so who knows lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath