Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

13 hours ago, GrenadineGrass said:

I want to add my opinion to that discussion saying: I think this is the exact anger that maybe lana still want to talk on ldr9 just like she said on the recent interview.

"For this new music, there’s none of that at all. It’s more just like: I’m angry. The songs are very conversational. For the first song, I pressed record and sang, “When I look back, tracing fingertips over plastic bags, I think I wish I could extrapolate some small intention or maybe get your attention for a minute or two."

Overnight, I thought of Debbie Harry too, who presented herself as a 'tough bitch' from the start (though an overtly sexy one), as did Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth (who was later a vocal critic of Lana's early persona).  

10 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth (who was later a vocal critic of Lana's early persona).  

that bitter old hag who called lana’s music generic, suggested she should just kill herself and basically said lana got more fame through her mentioning her in some book nobody bought or read? :smokes3:

3 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

What if insiders decided to let her do her “surprise” announcement? Or even a surprise drop, while we’re on the delulu train.

If insiders had tea on this era you best believe they would either be dropping breadcrumbs or letting it be known that they have tea and not spill. :erm:

Music has to be widely distributed to various people in order to press CDs and vinyl, which I think is how a lot of insiders access the music early. If this release is a true digital-only surprise drop, it can be kept totally secret until release. Nobody had Folklore before it dropped, for example.

19 minutes ago, takemetothegasstation said:

Music has to be widely distributed to various people in order to press CDs and vinyl, which I think is how a lot of insiders access the music early. If this release is a true digital-only surprise drop, it can be kept totally secret until release. Nobody had Folklore before it dropped, for example.

When Lana surprise drops the album Dinosaurs Nuked by Comets

A39-C563-C-1-F00-4832-92-E5-40-B235-FE0-

8 minutes ago, avenue said:

is there any actual news or has it been continued radio silence since the w & interview magazine interviews?

other than ben and ed saying "new music incoming" that's all we got fam, it's just radio silent. Lana posted a pic a few days ago but no mention of music then

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

7 minutes ago, avenue said:

is there any actual news or has it been continued radio silence since the w & interview magazine interviews?

The latest news are from Ben constantly teasing new music now. He said "music in the works" when reposting the W mag stuff in May, then said "music incoming" and "new album soon" just a couple of days ago :brows:

giphy.gif

yall remember when Lana said she preferred to drop albums in a 15 month window? she said it either right before or after honeymoon dropped. it makes me wonder if she's just in a better place right now to put music out much faster, especially since the pandemic, it must've given her more time to spend writing and thinking and reflecting. since 2019, after we get fed with this, we will have gotten 4 albums, plus an audiobook/spoken word and a book. that's 5 albums worth. fuck. 3 years, 5 albums. there's also that shelved covers album she could drop at any time. 

also, i wonder how she feels about her management teasing the new stuff, considering we have barely heard anything from her personally in regards to the music. like, she seems to be wanting to keep things under wraps, but her management is now going off and talking more about stuff. lol wtf

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

8 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

yall remember when Lana said she preferred to drop albums in a 15 month window? she said it either right before or after honeymoon dropped. it makes me wonder if she's just in a better place right now to put music out much faster, especially since the pandemic, it must've given her more time to spend writing and thinking and reflecting. since 2019, after we get fed with this, we will have gotten 4 albums, plus an audiobook/spoken word and a book. that's 5 albums worth. fuck. 3 years, 5 albums. there's also that shelved covers album she could drop at any time. 

also, i wonder how she feels about her management teasing the new stuff, considering we have barely heard anything from her personally in regards to the music. like, she seems to be wanting to keep things under wraps, but her management is now going off and talking more about stuff. lol wtf

Yep I remember the 15 months thing. I think it was right after HM cause someone in an interview mentioned that it was just 1 year since she released UV and we already got another album. I got so excited knowing we were basically getting yearly albums from her (and she was almost spot on about it :brows:)

I've been thinking that maybe they realized people got annoyed by the constant teasing (with snippets) and fake announcements of the NFR to BB eras and that's why they are hesitant about announcing titles and dates now. I'm sure something is coming soon but I guess it won't be revealed by Lana herself until it's actually set in stone and really near. I doubt she cares about Ben teasing cause if it was for her she would have posted a lot about it already :thumb2:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

I think she has such a good relationship with Ben and Ed she could care less about it [if] she is averse to the information being shared

38 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

I don’t think she minds at all that her management is teasing the new album; if she did, she wouldn’t even had posted videos in the studio and she would have kept her father from his phone :omfg2: Rob is the one that “teased” the most this era. It could even be her strategy, this time around: people around her talk about it and not her as much. 

4 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

Right let's not forget all the stuff we got from rob MONTHS ago

yeah way too much piano and jack :lange:

but he called it a beautiful (:scoff:) ethereal, epic project so hey we move i guess 

This whole situation is just so unusual, because when Ben usually post about music coming “soon“ it’s after Lana’s already announced something. In W magazine the title was still unknown and we got one lyric, but when she posted about it on Instagram she didn’t say anything about the music. So Ben saying it’s coming soon out of the blue without Lana saying anything about it is so weird

"Don’t forget me"

30 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

This whole situation is just so unusual, because when Ben usually post about music coming “soon“ it’s after Lana’s already announced something. In W magazine the title was still unknown and we got one lyric, but when she posted about it on Instagram she didn’t say anything about the music. So Ben saying it’s coming soon out of the blue without Lana saying anything about it is so weird

maybe Lana learnt her lesson after 3 times -in-a-row that she announces something & then it turns out not what she actually says (Chemtrails in Sept 2020, American Standards/Classics, Rock Candy Sweet 01/06/2021, Blue banisters 4th of July, etc.) - so i think Lana and her team had a talk and they decided that Lana shouldn't make announcement when she is indecisive herself.

u know what they say - "dont count your chicken before they hatch" (yes i'm talking about her chickens lmao)

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

In every Lana album there is a song by Rick Nowels, imagine that Lana has followed Rick because Roses Bloom For You is on LDR9 omfgggg

They are ideas that I make myself haha

DaringAdventurousKob-max-1mb.gif