Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I personally don't mind the stream of consciousness/conversational music if it's in the vein of Text Book orĀ Blue Banisters, but less so if it's likeĀ hiadtfawlmth-bihi orĀ Love song.Ā :whatever2:

6 minutes ago, sadhotforever said:

Manifesting LDR9 is everything chemtrails wasn't, 1950s old hollywood dream + the housewife aesthetic ft. Phoenix:trisha:

Imagine the fit twitter would have if Lana put out anĀ iconic 50s housewife album. Give it to me

ā˜†CreditĀ CardĀ Romancerā™”61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7

6 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I personally don't mind the stream of consciousness/conversational music if it's in the vein of Text Book/Blue Banisters, but less so if it's likeĀ hiadtfawlmth-bihi orĀ Love song.Ā :whatever2:

Omg I feel the exact opposite way. Love song and hope have great melodiesĀ which keeps the ā€œconversationalā€ lyrics from being too jarring. But I remember the first time I heard Blue BanistersĀ I was shockedĀ because I couldnā€™t believe she would put out a song with such clunky lines/ little melody.Ā Ā 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

ā€Ė–Ā°Ā ā‹†.ą³ƒąæ”Ā this is my idea of funĀ Ā°ā€ā‹†.ą³ƒąæ”*:ļ½„

1 minute ago, imapartygirl said:

Omg I feel the exact opposite way. Love song and hope have great melodiesĀ which keeps the ā€œconversationalā€ lyrics from being too jarring. But I remember the first time I heard Blue BanistersĀ I was shockedĀ because I couldnā€™t believe she would put out a song with such clunky lines/ little melody.Ā Ā 

Well to each their own, I find Text Book to be the best produced tracks in the bunch.Ā :oopna:

Im trying super hard to not be negative about ā€œwordyā€ ā€œconversationalā€ ā€œRaw voice memo with reverbā€ and trying to keepĀ an open mind. I wasnā€™t a huge fan of the direction of Blue Banisters,Ā and I was hoping she was going a different direction, but so far it sounds like sheā€™s really doubling down.Ā 
Ā 

I am super curious about what sheā€™s angry about. Is it still the culture? Her karmic lineage?

"Donā€™t forget me"

21 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I personally don't mind the stream of consciousness/conversational music if it's in the vein of Text Book orĀ Blue Banisters, but less so if it's likeĀ hiadtfawlmth-bihi orĀ Love song.Ā :whatever2:

i honestly adore all of these songs. if there was a mixĀ of each of these writing styles on the album iā€™d be happy. love song/hiadt areĀ stream-of-consciousness but still sweet and melodicĀ whereasĀ blue banisters/text book are very conversational and heavy. i love both.Ā 

42 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

watch her release some random ass painoĀ flopĀ producedĀ whose piano was playedĀ by a ghostwriter renamed as Rick NowelsĀ 

AĀ french husbandĀ insider told me the producer of LDR9 is Nick Rowels. Never heard of him but they told me he's goodĀ :brows:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

Im trying super hard to not be negative about ā€œwordyā€ ā€œconversationalā€ ā€œRaw voice memo with reverbā€ and trying to keepĀ an open mind. I wasnā€™t a huge fan of the direction of Blue Banisters,Ā and I was hoping she was going a different direction, but so far it sounds like sheā€™s really doubling down.Ā 
Ā 

I am super curious about what sheā€™s angry about. Is it still the culture? Her karmic lineage?

I hope the voice memos with reverb and orchestra are just their way of making early demos cause I want clear vocalsĀ :bebe:Ā I don't want to hear her barefoot chickens in the background of every songĀ :thumb2:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I am super curious about what sheā€™s angry about. Is it still the culture?

šŸ’€ you forgot to add the war flashback trigger warning sweetie

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

i need her to stop attacking the cultureĀ :crai:Ā its getting stale!!!!!! i would love some anger about love interests and familial issues but i cant stand another political/holier-than-thou call out on society

31 minutes ago, aly said:

Imagine the fit twitter would have if Lana put out anĀ iconic 50s housewife album. Give it to me

I love those aestheticsā€¦ but culturally speaking, it wouldĀ be perceived as a ā€œset backā€ in her own timeline.Ā 

my dream project of her, while still being ironic, controversial and feminist-ish,Ā would be if she had a whole album where she is now a cult leaderĀ :godlaugh:Ā Trippy vibes, we are her puppetsā€¦Ā 

34 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

i need her to stop attacking the cultureĀ :crai:Ā its getting stale!!!!!! i would love some anger about love interests and familial issues but i cant stand another political/holier-than-thou call out on society

Ā 

That's exactly what she did with Blue Banisters though? Of course she won't attack "the culture". She didn't even do that with Chem.

Ā 

It seems like her life these past few years have revolved over family stuff.

41 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I love those aestheticsā€¦ but culturally speaking, it wouldĀ be perceived as a ā€œset backā€ in her own timeline.
Ā 

My dream project of her, while still being ironic, controversial and feminist-ish,Ā would be if she had a whole album where she is now a cult leaderĀ :godlaugh:Ā Trippy vibes, we are her puppetsā€¦Ā 

I also dream toĀ wakeĀ up toĀ this

Whatā€™s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

I hope the voice memos with reverb and orchestra are just their way of making early demos cause I want clear vocalsĀ :bebe:Ā I don't want to hear her barefoot chickens in the background of every songĀ :thumb2:

Ā 

didnā€™t her chickens get eaten by coyotes ā€¦. cant wait to hear their orchestralĀ memorial grieving song on ldr9

sUcVobB.png

Ā 

33 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

Ā 

ok but which kind of 50s housewife

Ā 

Ā  Hide contents

2E71697500000578-3318841-image-m-14_1447539410945.jpgĀ orĀ Ā 3b1.jpg

Ā 

Both, first one until she gets fed up and retaliates šŸ˜ˆšŸ˜ˆ

ā˜†CreditĀ CardĀ Romancerā™”61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7