Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

I feel like this album is going to be Blue Banisters meets Violet, and I am so ready for it! I’m always inclined to want her to dig deeper, rather than go bigger.

that would be interesting for me. While I'd love a larger sound, I really do want to know more about Lana and how she sees her inner and outer worlds.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Water will obviously be involved because she's a water sign (cancer). What I'm interested in is what other element will she be exploring in relation to water. Norman had fire, Violet had Earth, will LDR9 be Air? It's fascinating to me. I know this may seem a bit woo to some, but we do know Lana thinks about these things so atleast it's relevant

Spoiler

I wouldn't mind if she went full WOO for an era tbh

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

50 minutes ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

What I'm interested in is what other element will she be exploring in relation to water. 

Hide contents

this isn’t another element, but it would be neat if ice were a part of it (“waist-deep in icy waves” caption:brows:

I like the idea of a really cold, moody, bleak-feeling record, and I think it would fit. Also, she’s done similar like in Swan Song’s “rushing up from the water where the ice meets,” so we’ll see!!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

i finally got to reading the w magazine interview and i think what she might've meant to say is that the writing might be a lot more quick and maybe even less filtered. what i want to know more about rather, is from where the album is sort of coming from. not much is going on, but strangely enough, i think once she shares something, a lot'll just connect 

UV/Honeymoon

3 minutes ago, Brow Bone said:

i finally got to reading the w magazine interview and i think what she might've meant to say is that the writing might be a lot more quick and maybe even less filtered. what i want to know more about rather, is from where the album is sort of coming from. not much is going on, but strangely enough, i think once she shares something, a lot'll just connect 

hopefully we'll know when we listen to the album and won't have to ask :oic3:

Imagine her open the @lanadelrey account again once this era begins

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

5 hours ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

Water will obviously be involved because she's a water sign (cancer). What I'm interested in is what other element will she be exploring in relation to water. Norman had fire, Violet had Earth, will LDR9 be Air? It's fascinating to me. I know this may seem a bit woo to some, but we do know Lana thinks about these things so atleast it's relevant

Hide contents

interesting aspect, I think she has already done all elements:

Norman = water

Violet = earth/fire

Chemtrails = air/earth

BB = fire/earth

we need more water/air

6 hours ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

Reveal hidden contents

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

interesting aspect, I think she has already done all elements:

Norman = water

Violet = earth/fire

Chemtrails = air/earth

BB = fire/earth

we need more water/air

also the first 'real' photoshoot for this era was on a beach :dua:

In my opinion, about the sound of LDR9 I think there is not going to be a meticulous instrumental telling all the details like Honeymoon. She said in the interview that for this album she is doing automatic singing, it seems to me that it is how it comes out the first time, an example of this would be the song sweet carolina that she did in one take and this is noticeable in her vocals. I love this too <3be68071d69fa8477cda25f43e5a546aa.gif

DaringAdventurousKob-max-1mb.gif

29 minutes ago, Summerain said:

In my opinion, about the sound of LDR9 I think there is not going to be a meticulous instrumental telling all the details like Honeymoon. She said in the interview that for this album she is doing automatic singing, it seems to me that it is how it comes out the first time, an example of this would be the song sweet carolina that she did in one take and this is noticeable in her vocals. I love this too <3be68071d69fa8477cda25f43e5a546aa.gif

she did that masterpiece in one take? :omg: 

I had my first dream about Lana last night. I was skipping and singing my gay ass through a brick tunnel while listening to the lead single. I don’t remember the lyrics but it was upbeat, tons of reverb with delicious layered vocals. She kept repeating 3 lines that punched so good. Tons of energy. It was really similar to the end of BBS “cause no one does it better!” and FIILY “California dreaming, I’ve got money on my mind” vocals. I’ve never dreamt about an unreleased song before so this was fun :hooker: oh also my dream was in black and white. It looked exactly like the W magazine shoot. Lana is penetrating the collective subconscious this era without even releasing a second of music :godlaugh: 

Tumblr

22 hours ago, NikoGo said:

Friendly reminder that this is the ldr9 pre-pre release thread. A lot of the conversations lately have been random conversation topics. 

we have 0 news, once we get news it'll be more on topic :candy: 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’m bored. Someone needs to do something: Lana, insiders… Enthusiasm for last week’s confirmations ran off…

I hope that during these weeks we will have more news. Right now I'm like this:

lana-del-rey-lana.gif

DaringAdventurousKob-max-1mb.gif

I know that i have to go out and touch some grass but it's winter here, its cold af & my pussy is an icemaker now, i cant help but keep logging on LB & check every hour if there's any meltdown in this thread. :hair:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

'Mezzanine' would actually be a pretty cool name for LDR9, especially after 'Blue Banisters.'

It could have symbolic associations too, "a low story between two others in a building, typically between the ground and first floors," as in, "I'm in a mezzanine phase of life, neither here nor there, neither in the past nor the future, neither where I want to be and don't want to be." 

Also, Cancer = Water sign, yes, but 'water' in astrology symbolizes feeling and emotion, so water would not necessarily be used in depicting Cancer, no more than a crab might be. 

I'm an Aquarius only 6 hours into Aquarius out of Capricorn, and have loads of Capricorn in my chart, but Aquarius is symbolized by the water bearer, even though it's an Air, or Thinking, sign. 

Astrology is all checks and balances.