Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 minutes ago, Brow Bone said:

u know what tho, the wind started breezing on me like a blanket and i just immediately started singing that exact song it might be a sign 

I know a lot of people don’t like when leaks end up on an upcoming album, but Fine China is lyrically so good, it deserves to be officially out at some point. Plus there are probably many reworked versions of it that it could still feel newish 

19 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I know a lot of people don’t like when leaks end up on an upcoming album, but Fine China is lyrically so good, it deserves to be officially out at some point. Plus there are probably many reworked versions of it that it could still feel newish 

I think a happy medium'd be that it could end up being on the deluxe tracklist as a bonus. 

it's such a poignant and kinda devastating track, w her more stronger, classic-feel songwriting it'd honestly be sad to have it forgotten just like that. the melody and soft anguish's just top tier . she did the same w Thunder, and it's a contro. topic, but at the very least we have two versions we can enjoy (I do think the album version fits well tho, it's great) 

thematically, I do think it might feel a bit outdated to do so from bb's narrative/ experience, hence the bonus track treatment, but i do think that it's songwriting's just still very much in need of an official release. that and the outro sounds so much like a forgotten heaven 

UV/Honeymoon

6 minutes ago, clementines said:

I hope she reworks all unreleased from now on, especially if its already been leaked, BAR and Thunder were great but Cherry Blossom and Nectar felt kinda out of place.

respectfully disagree and maybe i just try not to have much expectations n feel what she intends, but i think the simplicity works really well for the latter. it kinda captures the times she must've had about them. nectar sounds perfectly forlorn and blossom hits that nostalgia feel. it gives those simple feel days where you're out enjoying nature after a long period of languishing/ during

UV/Honeymoon

16 minutes ago, Brow Bone said:

respectfully disagree and maybe i just try not to have much expectations n feel what she intends, but i think the simplicity works really well for the latter. it kinda captures the times she must've had about them. nectar sounds perfectly forlorn and blossom hits that nostalgia feel. it gives those simple feel days where you're out enjoying nature after a long period of languishing/ during

cherry blossom is a coma inducing snoozefest

Speaking on the unreleased songs ending up on future albums (LDR9 as an example so this is not off topic :eek:) I wish she would rather:

- Re-release the albums with a couple of outtakes on a special date (for example the 5th or 10th anniversary). If it didn't happen for BTD I don't see it happening at all tho.

- Put out the Unreleased Collection with 20 of her favorite songs and then 5 of the "viral" ones so the label is happy too and lets her do it.

- Just use some parts of the songs as a starting point for a new track or heavily rework it so it sounds fresh. 

From a fan point of view I wish she changed every unreleased song from now on (if she's still putting them in her records) but from the artist's side if the song leaked as it was supposed to be on their respective album I get why she wouldn't want to change it (cause it was already the version she liked). Maybe slightly altering so it fits the album would be a nice middle ground (like Thunder for example even though I don't think we have confirmation that she changed it for BB and maybe it was just another version that didn't leak :um2:)

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Maybe this is the album Fine China will finally finds its home? :godlaugh2: 

Considering most of us already knew seven songs on BB upon release, I’d prefer no older leaked tracks be on the new album. I do like Fine China, however.

The only two unreleased tracks I would accept for this new record are ITTJ and RBFY. But they don't seem like they'll fit, so LDR10 it is!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

6 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I'm starting to think he's actually releasing his own album :hide:

If not... LDR9 is not coming this year

Does anybody recognize the producer or whoever that is?

exactly what I thought. let’s be real, Lana wouldn’t go to London just tu record some songs, I mean, she can do it on her voice memos app and send them to a producer like she’s doing for LDR9.

Sweet Carolina: The Album coming soon.

0YnL0Kf.gif

6 hours ago, shadesofyosemite said:

I loved you then and I love you now

I’ve always been there for you

Don’t give up on meeeee

🕯 🕯 🕯

Hide contents

LYTAN/RCS for ldr9 :true: 

When her lyrics booklet is entirely written in emojis: 🚫🕯💨