Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

38 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Maybe she is releasing another “bridge album”, the way LFL was a bit of a mix of everything she had done with the first three albums and a bit of what’s to come. Maybe LDR9 could be a more cohesive LFL, with a mix of everything the last three singer -songwriter albums have been and a pinch of new? Because right now, the info we got feel a bit contradictory, about the sound of it all. 

That's so odd. I see COCC and BB as "bridge albums" (especially BB). LFL was the final chapter in LDR's original chronology (BTD-LFL). 

4 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

1m6HLuV.jpg

I’m hoping someone can identify who this is from Rob’s post (or maybe even recognize the studio from the original picture). It might be our next clue!

Currently searching for music studios in London:brows:

The wooden floor "pattern" is pretty characteristic but I haven't found anything searching her usual britsh producers (+ audio engineers that work with them) :thumb3:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

Or…ldr9 is already finished and they’ve already started on LDR10 which is a London record so expect Justin Parker and bops

I’m not gonna lie, I actually do think there might be some truth to this. We know that Lana likes to have the next record started before finishing the one she’s working on so maybe this is the studio sessions where she’s figuring out the next album. (I also think this might be the case with Jack’s involvement a couple months ago, too)

"Don’t forget me"

OMG I think I may have figured out where he’s recording!

here’s a comparison of the floor patterns from Rob’s photo & from 123 Studios in London

MoGesa4.jpg
^google search

AhMEUcO.jpg

^Rob’s post

edit: it’s tough to tell whether they’re the same, but they do look similar!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

here’s a comparison of the floor patterns from Rob’s photo & from 123 Studios in London

MoGesa4.jpg
^google search

AhMEUcO.jpg

^Rob’s post

I don’t think it is. I searched other picture of the studio and none of them showed off the wall window from Rob’s post 

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I don’t think it is. I searched other picture of the studio and none of them showed off the wall window from Rob’s post 

I was wondering about that too. I wonder if there’s just another room that wasn’t included in the photos, maybe? 

Either way, I’ll keep investigating, and maybe I’ll find it:ma:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

9 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

MoGesa4.jpg
^google search

AhMEUcO.jpg

^Rob’s post

some of y’all need to work for the fbi because these investigating skills… :icant:

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

1 hour ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Maybe Rob actually is releasing his own thing…? 

I can see the future Rolling Stone articles now…

“Rob Grant, hawaiian shirt hyperpop extraordinairé, is father to none other than Lana Del Rey. If you ever had a single doubt musical talent was genetic, Rob’s sophomore album has finally arrived with critical acclaim after its predecessor - Die to Live - outsold his own daughter’s breakthrough record in 2012. Rob accidentally revealed the title of his newest album at WaikikiFest 2023 after an onstage Piña Colada mishap <CLICK FOR PHOTOS> during his set. In turn, the long awaited album Ultrapeace has delivered exactly what its title promises: sultry, sensual, ukelele-driven piano ballads perfect for a warm evening on a hammock.”

I’m really starting to consider whether Rob is working on a solo project. 

If I remember correctly, there hasn’t been a single photo of Lana and Rob together in the studio, but it does make me wonder who was taking the photos of him.

Then again, a post of Rob’s suggested that he has some involvement in the production/mixing process which Lana is notorious for stubbornly having her hands all over, so I’m now more inclined to think it’s something for him only. 

That being said, we have seen him with Antonoff, but that could simply be because Lana brought the two together for a few songs to help Rob get started. 

much to think about:eartha2:

Sylvia Plath 

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I’m really starting to consider whether Rob is working on a solo project. 

If I remember correctly, there hasn’t been a single photo of Lana and Rob together in the studio, but it does make me wonder who was taking the photos of him.

Then again, a post of Rob’s suggested that he has some involvement in the production/mixing process which Lana is notorious for stubbornly having her hands all over, so I’m now more inclined to think it’s something for him only. 

That being said, we have seen him with Antonoff, but that could simply be because Lana brought the two together for a few songs to help Rob get started. 

much to think about:eartha2:

jack is a really busy man i don’t think he would have time to add rob into his schedule imo

15 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

Buffalo Studio

566 Cable St, London E1W 3HB, United Kingdom https://g.co/kgs/GZET72

i don’t think this is it but it looks somewhat similar. i’ll keep sleuthing

8sR1uDA.jpg

I don’t think that’s the location, but I could definitely be wrong. This is a photo from outside of the studio you linked. The window styles don’t seem to match the ones in Rob’s photo unless there are different ones on the other sides of the building. Who knows:whatever2:

Sylvia Plath 

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Rob making a solo album… is there really a demand for that?!? I don’t see Interscope signing him and seeing potential in a hippie boomer singer :godlaugh2:

I would listen :true:

20 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

jack is a really busy man i don’t think he would have time to add rob into his schedule imo

That’s a really good point! I think the only way he might is if it were only for a song or two.

That being said, another possibility I haven’t considered until now is that maybe him being in the studio with Jack was for Lana, and maybe him being in London is for his own personal endeavors. 

This era is so interesting lol

Sylvia Plath