Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I'm starting to think it has always been his album. He said multiple times things like "epic project", "recording a beautiful album", "listening to newly minted music" but it's always him alone in the pictures and he doesn't even tag Lana :hide: and Ben only liked one of the "album related posts" by Rob.

We know Lana's album is coming thanks to W Magazine and Ben teasing but I think Rob has been misleading us :crazy:

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

He's so unintentionally funny I love Rob :hide:

And this HAS to be for his own stuff. Why would he fly alone to London to play the piano for Lana's music :thumb2: 

Everything about this makes less and less sense as time goes by 

I used to love his posts and now, well it’s tiring not knowing 

30 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I'm starting to think it has always been his album. He said multiple times things like "epic project", "recording a beautiful album", "listening to newly minted music" but it's always him alone in the pictures and he doesn't even tag Lana :hide: and Ben only liked one of the "album related posts" by Rob.

We know Lana's album is coming thanks to W Magazine and Ben teasing but I think Rob has been misleading us :crazy:

I just can't see him rent Jack's studio and his audio engineers for a piano album?

2 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Totally agree: I have no clue whatsoever what this album will sound like. I guess it brings back the mystery of her early career, which isn’t a bad thing, but we also got contradictory info so far: wordy, conversational, angry, automatic singing? composing? Jack messing with the 808s, Rob, piano, Drew, ethereal, epic, San Francisco, talking about and channeling a lot HM… and the glamour dark pics from W magazine. 

I think the opposite. I don’t see the album sounding that different from songs from Blue Banisters. Especially with Drew and Rob’s involvement. When she talked about single vocal takes, wordy songs, and orchestral instrumentation, I immediately thought about Arcadia. I think this album is going to be full of Arcadias and Sweet Carolinas. If she were working with different producers, I would be more hopeful about getting a new sound for this album. 

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

And this HAS to be for his own stuff. Why would he fly alone to London to play the piano for Lana's music :thumb2: 

Rob Del Rey. 

Just now, LifeOnMars said:

I think the opposite. I don’t see the album sounding that different from songs from Blue Banisters. Especially with Drew and Rob’s involvement. When she talked about single vocal takes, wordy songs, and orchestral instrumentation, I immediately thought about Arcadia. I think this album is going to be full of Arcadias and Sweet Carolinas. If she were working with different producers, I would be more hopeful about getting a new sound for this album. 

I think so too. 

3 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

There's so much disconnect between her looks this year and what I expect the album to sound like. She's giving Italian glam + baddie + hot rich mom but the music description is giving metaphysical essay :um2: 

what if it’s because she’ll be serving both:dua: bombastic baddie AND cerebral writer

lol but who knows! Her outfits, locations, weather, objects she brings into the studio, etc have consistently (probably unintentionally) been reflected back into her music, so it’s interesting that we’re getting such polarized presentations!

I think LDR9 is either going to be split between being really dark and fun….or it’s going to be (as a whole) more bleak and poetic. If it’s the latter, I think her more lighthearted and “glamorous” aura will be reflected in LDR10.

I don’t know, but I love speculating lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

10 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

I love Arcadia and if songs channel that one, I’m here for it. As for Sweet Carolina, I like the piano, like her voice, it’s cute, but I don’t connect much with it to be honest. Anyways, she never did copy paste a style from a record to the next one, so I guess it’s going to have something unique to it. 

Did anyone catch in the W Magazine interview that—immediately after mentioning the role the elements and geography play in her music—she mentions California being a current storm center?

What if lightning and thunder are an integral part of LDR9/10s musical landscape:oprah3: 

(more inclined to say LDR9 but then again the album could be finished & we’d have no idea lol)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

Surely that’s not Lana’s flannel in the background on the chair… right? RIGHT??!!! :wat:

your vulgar darling  :blush3:

Wasn't Lana celebrating her friend's birthday yesterday or the day before in LA? I think I saw a video of them together on instagram :bebe:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆