Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

13 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

The idea that Rob is making his own music is just not feasible in so many ways

why 😭 i mean he obviously has some musical talent, and if it’s just a classical record, he surely has the means to release it independently. 

it’s not like it would be some big release that would require millions + a record deal lol

Just now, brandon said:

why 😭 i mean he obviously has some musical talent, and if it’s just a classical record, he surely has the means to release it independently. 

it’s not like it would be some big release

right like you don’t have to be a touring superstar to release an album. let rob do his thing! 

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

2 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

right like you don’t have to be a touring superstar to release an album. let rob do his thing! 

rightttt like lowkey this is cute of him! watching his daughter make music for so long and finally getting the chance to record some of his own stuff! i hope he’s having fun 

34 minutes ago, BlueGreenGray said:

I don't know if it's doable, but...what if Lana doesn't announce anything about a pre-order, waits for the production of the physicals and surprise releases the album the week vinyls, CDs etc. are available in the market? Interscope will be happy; they know that sales will be strong. And Lana will surprise drop an album the way she intended to. 

I think the label would still want at least a month between announcement and album to build hype and do (probably small amounts) of promo. 

But a single announcement with the album coming just a month after it would be a dream :crying4:

I still think a full surprise release could happen if they have the physicals as you said so I agree :brows:

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, brandon said:

it’s not like it would be some big release that would require millions + a record deal lol

It’s the overwhelming fact that he’s:

a. Working with Lana’s producers

b. Working in Lana’s studios 

and c. Is known for helping produce some of her music..

What exactly would clue us in that he’s working on his own music? I just don't see the evidence.

4 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

It’s the overwhelming fact that he’s:

a. Working with Lana’s producers

b. Working in Lana’s studios 

and c. Is known for helping produce some of her music..

What exactly would clue us in that he’s working on his own music? I just don't see the evidence.

i would say being in london, alone, with a producer we have never seen in a studio nobody recognizes is a clue that he’s working on his own music … alongside lana implying that he plans to release an album. maybe he isn’t, or is working with lana AND on his own, but it’s plausible 

sUcVobB.png

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

if lustforlife was still on lanaboards we would’ve known the full tracklist for rob grant’s album as well as his entire backstory

and all of it would be made up gibberish as usual 

rob grant is making a hyperpop album with lana’s vocals and jack has agreed to work with him because he wants to show the world he can do different things as a producer and not just quiet muffled guitars … see: the minions soundtrack. jack is trying to branch out into louder sounds so he has released more boisterous songs such as the songs off the minions soundtrack and is aiding lana with the 808s and rob with the loud electronic screeching noises. i would know he told me while i was giving him water in the basement i keep him in

sUcVobB.png

1 minute ago, honeybadger said:

rob grant is making a hyperpop album with lana’s vocals and jack has agreed to work with him because he wants to show the world he can do different things as a producer and not just quiet muffled guitars … see: the minions soundtrack. jack is trying to branch out into louder sounds so he has released more boisterous songs such as the songs off the minions soundtrack and is aiding lana with the 808s and rob with the loud electronic screeching noises. i would know he told me while i was giving him water in the basement i keep him in

jack antonoff did the minions soundtrack? you really do learn something new everyday :blush:

Flower GIF - Flower - Discover & Share GIFs | Flowers, Beautiful night  images, Flowers gif

16 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

jack antonoff did the minions soundtrack? you really do learn something new everyday :blush:

all his favorite girlies recorded songs for it, i wonder if lana recorded anything for it that got cut … when ldr9 gives minions vibes :really:

sUcVobB.png