Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

What I don't quite get about Lana is coming up with album art concepts and executing them with a good photographer is not that difficult, and yet we get...the COCC cover, and, for me, the LFL cover art was poorly done, with the obviously fake daisies, which were evenly spaced in her hair, and the vapid interior photographs. I know there are a great deal of fans of the NFR! album art, but for me, it was another bust. 

I don't know if she's taking bad advice or if visuals are not one of her strengths, but I've been frequently disappointed with her choices. So I don't expect interesting or well-executed album art from Lana anymore, and certainly not anything really eye-catching or, to use an overused word, "iconic." 

:bye: snjajskajdkakdkkdkdks I love the varied opinions on this site, keeps me going:hair:

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

5 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

I'm dying to see the album photoshoot. I wonder if it will be similar to the W Magazine pics.

Do artists usually have some kind of input on magazine photoshoots (like the general vibe of it) or is it all on the photographer/creative director to pick the concept or vision they want for the shoot?

Like the BTD and UV era magazines all had somewhat of a cohesive image with the album's theme but others are mostly random.

I guess it also depends on the type of publication. Fashion magazines would focus more on well, fashion :hide: trying to showcase particular collections or designers 

yes please glam up and take those titties out, we're going old hollywood milf aesthetic...the born to die ingenue grown up

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

not me having a dream about a song from LDR9 and Lana and Barrie were there and he might’ve been featured on it but she DEF wrote it about their relationship and it was so good I was crying in my sleep :heidi:

There was 3 longer-ish verses and I saw the lyrics on paper but of course I don’t remember much… the title started with a P and it was a shorter word like 4-5 letters. And I remember it was some kind of alcohol or drink of sorts… I wish I remembered more :ohno:

Spoiler

That’s what I get for reading this forum before bed :deadbanana:

your vulgar darling  :blush3:

I asked AI for album infos and album is gonna be "fear and anger over the world", "we are all sad" and "we are all going to die" CLAIMING THAT:defeated:

Also DNC stands for Do Not Compete "It's a rule. Don't compete against yourself":defeated:

Maybe Rob's involvment in this next project is because LDR9 is mostly going to be about Lana's relationship with her dad, when she was younger. And so... "When I look back, tracing fingertips over plastic bags, I think I wish I could extrapolate some small intention or maybe get your attention for a minute or two" would be about Lana detailing how she felt abandonned by her dad in the past. And maybe that's why she wanted him to be more involved in that project. I don't think this is true but I'd like it to be. At least we can say that over the past recent years, her dad has grown to be one of her main inspirations, she literally started BB with "I was looking for the father I wanted back" and paradoxically they look like they've been pretty close since 2019.

Praying for the album not to sound like sweet carolina :eek2:

My prediction- the album will be quite different than COCC or BB, but it probably won’t be the kind of music the majority of us will be hugely excited about…but whatever happens we will certainly eat it up like everything else she puts out. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

16 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

My prediction- the album will be quite different than COCC or BB, but it probably won’t be the quite of music the majority of us will be hugely excited about…but whatever happens we will certainly eat it up like everything else she puts out. 

You’re probably right