Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

5 minutes ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

I believe that and it makes sense (it doesn't have a full song feel), but she also said that LIB wasn't really a full song and was just for the movie trailer it was in and...that was demonstrably false. With Lana, we never really know if she's telling the truth

That's a good point and a good example. 

As far as 'RBFY' being leaked, it was leaked, in a rough demo form that repeats what exists of the song twice, making it 1:48 in length. 

I'm more and more skeptical every year that Lana will ever return to a BTD- esque sound, and honestly? I'm okay with that. While it sounded good at the time bish is almost 40 and we don't really want her to end up like Madge trying too hard to be hip and young. Frankly, I always preferred the songs where Lana tries for a more Dylan/ Mitchell/ Baez sound anyway. I would be happy if she stayed in the CoCC/ BB soundscape so long as it stays fresh

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

15 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

i literally thought roses bloom for you leaked ages ago though, i swear i heard it, unless it was just a bad fan edit because i remember thinking the snippet was better 

I think it was a 'bad fan edit,' it's the 50-second song repeated one more time. As far as I'm concerned, that's the actual version, which she also posted a short video clip of it on Facebook, that is, her singing it in the studio and asking Rick's advice. 

3 minutes ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

I'm more and more skeptical every year that Lana will ever return to a BTD- esque sound, and honestly? I'm okay with that. While it sounded good at the time bish is almost 40 and we don't really want her to end up like Madge trying too hard to be hip and young. Frankly, I always preferred the songs where Lana tries for a more Dylan/ Mitchell/ Baez sound anyway. I would be happy if she stayed in the CoCC/ BB soundscape so long as it stays fresh

if she’s going to continue with the folk/singer-songwriter vibe, i want her to work with the acoustix guitar more, i want something like fordham road, joan & bobby, & money hunny, acoustic guitar > piano

WGe8ynS.gif

Just now, Surf Noir said:

if she’s going to continue with the folk/singer-songwriter vibe, i want her to work with the acoustix guitar more, i want something like fordham road, joan & bobby, & money hunny, acoustic guitar > piano

YES. I want her strumming on that guitar live even if another player is doing all of the actual complicated guitar parts...

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

I really feel like I'm in the minority, but I'm over her acoustic/organic/free-style poet era. I want something that bites, not necessarily her going back to her BTD or UV days, but I wanna be able to bop my head listening to her new music.

2x9aOSo.gif

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

she needs to do slowcore ethel cain/red house painters style

It’s my dream for this to happen. It would be her most critically acclaimed, I fear….

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

It’s my dream for this to happen. It would be her most critically acclaimed, I fear….

right? it's literally the most underrated and most beautiful genre of music, it would suit lana really well, i think starry eyed is the closest to slowcore she has gone

i could listen to her repeat those lines for hours 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

If this album is supposed to be ~*conversational*~ she needs to bring back the huntymoon hotline :true:

I just called it to see if anything changed & it’s still that random fan cover of HBTB:prettyhurts:

I guess her team doesn’t know/doesn’t care that someone hacked it:eek2:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Hey guys! This is my first time posting here.

I was watching an interview she did for NFR and she said it had a "singer-songwriter feel to it" here at 10:22. That reminded me of Ben's comment about LDR9 being a real songwriter's album. I'm probably reaching for a connection, but I thought that them calling both albums songwriter albums was interesting.

When you know, you know
That it's time to leave
Like the summer breeze

25 minutes ago, Big Star said:

we need more if you lie down with me's and lizzy grant lyricism :true:

23 minutes ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

May Jailer, please take the reins

Maybe she'll channel May Jailer and Lizzy while automatic singing :brows:

giphy.gif

intuitively wanted a hollywood track feel now the mag so further, manifesting more of that golden age hollywood feel meets current hollywood metaphoric lobby meets bar meets posh, galore mag brooklyn baby mv vibes another 14-16 tracks an interlude if the latter and a classic black outfit/ chic head hat piece with a thin net cover and a classic red/ maroon lip also frolicking in a garden a ferry visual/ water and some kind of visual w her at a sports/ arena park YaU36K3.gif

UV/Honeymoon

38 minutes ago, All Around the Moon said:

Hey guys! This is my first time posting here.

I was watching an interview she did for NFR and she said it had a "singer-songwriter feel to it" here at 10:22. That reminded me of Ben's comment about LDR9 being a real songwriter's album. I'm probably reaching for a connection, but I thought that them calling both albums songwriter albums was interesting.

i think Ben just didn’t type the sentence correctly and it should have been “another beauty of a real songwriter’s album” calling Lana herself a songwriter, not describing the album that way. 

I do have to agree that whatever direction she ends up going for LDR9 I do hope there’s some fire again. 

also, now that our local insider has called us crazy for thinking she’ll surprise drop twice now, it’s definitely surprise dropping tomorrow :true:

"Don’t forget me"