Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, Venice Peach said:

By the way we still have no updates about the ldrvillage thing right? It's been a couple of weeks already but I think it was too soon of an announcement if it was related to BTD Paradise anniversary :um2:

I remember her french merch store announcing something coming soon on BTD 10th anniversary and nothing happened :hide:

4 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

At least I see a little progress:

September 27: beautiful 9th album coming soon 🚀♥️
   August 18: New album nearing completion ….🚀🤩
     June  4: new music incoming 🚀
      May 18: New music in the works 🎙 ❤️

I mean besides than the June comment the others kinda make sense... 

In May we got the interview about the album confirming it.

She finished the album between August and September 

And now she's ready to release the lead single since she sent the record to vinyl production already

:hype:

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

When Ben says soon he really means that it’s like 7 months away. He said Ellie Goulding had new music coming out soon in January, and it didn’t come out until July. 

I think with Ellie it might be a bit different since she kinda became an industry slave :icant:

She's not even allowed to release a single without a collaboration attached to it cause they desperately want her to get a hit so I'm sure she has a lot of label drama stopping and delaying her stuff :um2:

giphy.gif

I feel like Ben’s problem is he can’t talk about Lana without also talking about new music. If he’d just post about her achievements (W magazine, the Hollywood bowl concert, her billboard chart milestone) without adding “new music soon” to every single one, fans wouldn’t be so irritated

"Don’t forget me"

18 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I feel like Ben’s problem is he can’t talk about Lana without also talking about new music. If he’d just post about her achievements (W magazine, the Hollywood bowl concert, her billboard chart milestone) without adding “new music soon” to every single one, fans wouldn’t be so irritated

Maybe he's really excited for this one :brows:

His LinkedIn bio is probably "Manager at TaP music with amazing artists like Lana Del Rey who has a beautiful album coming soon 🚀️, Ellie Goulding, Noah Cyrus, Mabel & others"

:thumb2:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Chemtrail said:

You should probably focus on something else, this is ridiculous.

...on a platform called LanaBoards...? I already said it several pages ago: I am not waiting for anything, my hype is dead already. So don't worry about me and what I am focussing on.
I just explained something to you that you obviously didn't understand. And what is wrong with that?

I don't get your problem or your condescending tone. Maybe you just had a rough day or whatever.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

This is unpopular but I don't really mind Ben's updates, we know not to take them too seriously but they also are nice reminders that an album really is coming, even if it's not our definition of soon 

I gotta say that I know I should probably go and rediscover the last two records, or maybe listen to Honeymoon again... but I get these moments in which I just want to listen to a brand new album by Lana and lose my mind over her gorgeous vocals and the orchestra. I love to experience her new stuff, it's like finding out a new part of her and therefore a new meaning for her art :icant:

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

Just now, niandra lades said:

I gotta say that I know I should probably go and rediscover the last two records, or maybe listen to Honeymoon again... but I get these moments in which I just want to listen to a brand new album by Lana and lose my mind over her gorgeous vocals and the orchestra. I love to experience her new stuff, it's like finding out a new part of her and therefore a new meaning for her art :icant:

I recently rediscovered BTD. Diet Mountain Dew is still a bop, especially the demo.

Maybe listen to some unreleased songs, I'm sure there are a few that you haven't listenend to in months or even years. Thankfully we have a big catalogue of songs to rediscover.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

15 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

I recently rediscovered BTD. Diet Mountain Dew is still a bop, especially the demo.

Maybe listen to some unreleased songs, I'm sure there are a few that you haven't listenend to in months or even years. Thankfully we have a big catalogue of songs to rediscover.

I actually did the same thing a while back and felt the same thing with Diet Mtn Dew, back in the days I was not that much into it. I love the demo too. Just the other day I realized there's an echo/choir behind Lana in some parts of Without You. Only took me 10 years to find that out. 

At the same time, it's just because I love 808s and orchestra and Lana sounds so good, IMO, when she involves that in her music, so I'm excited. And yes! There are many, many unreleased songs I haven't ever listened to. I'm super behind on that. I know a few songs that have leaked the past years, but my mind only goes back to those songs leaked in 2013 because of habit.

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

45 minutes ago, DCooper said:

This is unpopular but I don't really mind Ben's updates, we know not to take them too seriously but they also are nice reminders that an album really is coming, even if it's not our definition of soon 

Exactly! 
Soon could mean within a year for the album. 

chemtrails and bb both had chaotic rollouts and she announced everything so quickly and sporadically and i think she’s trying not to do that here. i honestly think she wants a more proper era – she hasn’t really been promising anything before it’s done (just teasing songs, giving some insight, a snippet, teasing the existence of ldrx) and hasn’t been giving random album names & dates. hopefully that means this album will have a stronger rollout when we actually get to it

sUcVobB.png

I honestly don't mind that there's been a bit of a break between the last two projects and whatever this upcoming one ends up being. I loved getting two albums in one year, but it was really chaotic and neither album really had enough time to marinate/have a proper rollout, which is something that Lana usually does (in her own way, of course :oic2:). I don't think it's gonna be a major amount of time until the LDR9 era starts though because there's usually not too big of a gap between albums. The things we have gotten from Lana this year (the Italy trip/Gucci show, the W magazine shoot and her being in New York, her Honeymoon posts) have me excited to see what comes out of this next era

imageproxy.jpg

3 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

Al menos veo un pequeño progreso:

27 de septiembre: hermoso noveno álbum próximamente🚀 ♥️
   18 de agosto : Nuevo álbum a punto de finalizar ….🚀 🤩
     4 de junio: nueva música entrante🚀
      18 de mayo: nueva música en proceso 🎙❤️

Where's that last comment from?

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

I'm fine with waiting but at the same time, I wouldn't mind an album with sounds and visuals of cold autumn evenings with an orange and dark blue colored sky, a dreamy atmosphere and a scent of nostalgia in the air. :oprah3: 

A girl can dream :oprah3:

And yes, we have COCC and BB, but they give me completely different images and feelings in my mind.

2 hours ago, Bird World said:

I'm fine with waiting but at the same time, I wouldn't mind an album with sounds and visuals of cold autumn evenings with an orange and dark blue colored sky, a dreamy atmosphere and a scent of nostalgia in the air. :oprah3: 

A girl can dream :oprah3:

And yes, we have COCC and BB, but they give me completely different images and feelings in my mind.

I agree 100%. COCC is a «September day » album. BB is « a day at the cabin », whether you go there in the summer or fall. Many songs on BB are very « bright and warm October » in my mind. 
we need a « November evening » album.