Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

So a theory popped into my head. 

Like all of us, I've been wondering why Lana's been referencing all of her previous eras lately, especially posting the Lust for Life trailer and singing God Knows I Tried in the Ultraviolence church. She said LDR9 is conversational and angry. What if she's having a conversation with her previous albums/reflecting on them? Especially the criticism she's gotten over the years, which would explain the angry part. If so, I'd love more songs in the vein of Black Bathing Suit. 

I'm probably wrong because she always ends up surprising us. I'm just bored and kinda disappointed we didn't get anything on Tuesday even though I knew we wouldn't.

When you know, you know
That it's time to leave
Like the summer breeze

The stars do allign if you think about it

yvXKhk2.jpg

wtdBFVQ.jpg

vBUbCvo.jpg

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

On 6/22/2022 at 3:51 AM, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

I know I shouldn’t care about Grammys and other awards or critical success, her music is amazing regardless if other people want to recognize it or not. But I really need Lana to hit a grand slam with this one and shut all the haters up.

I was watching a Tik Tok, and the video asked “which musical artist is mostly marketing and not about the music”. And multiple people in the comments were saying Lana Del Rey. So I commented on one, saying Lana barely does any promotion, barely does interviews and rarely shows up at industry events, and we’re lucky if we get one TV performance or one professional quality video per album cycle. And this girl makes an entire video response to my comment mocking me for liking Lana and chastising me like, “oh honey you don’t understand how marketing works. You think you like her because you like her music, but actually you only like her because she was marketed to you and you fell for the marketing”. As if I am some mindless robot with no ability to discern what I like and what I don’t like for myself.

Lana works tirelessly, she is one of the hardest working people in the industry and she releases masterpiece after masterpiece almost every year. I’m so tired of this narrative that she is an industry plant. People have been doing the most to smear her reputation since the day that Video Games dropped. Of all of the generic and talentless pop tarts making Disney pop music, why is Lana the one that gets targeted? Like I cannot comprehend why so many people get triggered by Lana when her talent is completely obvious and evident to anyone who actually listened to her music. 

I seriously need Lana to just write and sing her heart and soul out on this next album so she can finally get all the praise and take home the AOTY Grammy she deserves. I just want all these haters to feel stupid that they ever questioned her talent and finally STFU about Lana forever.

honestly girl ignore these tik tok dumbasses they're the shit stains of todays society, really.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

9 minutes ago, sadhotforever said:

I'd say so far we've gotten direct references to LFL & NFR(Her B-Day look could also be a reference?), as well as maybe HM and UV.

Hide contents

What does this mean???

so all of her albums … what are we supposed to gather from this :toofloppy:

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

her saying the album is angry is interesting cause anger isn't something i feel like she expresses too much in her songs

i feel like certain parts of Ultraviolence could be described as "angry"...fucked my way, money power glory...errr....thats kind of it, but i feel like shes showing anger at the media in those. in my feelings, dealer, cinnamon girl....those lyrically show someone pissed off 

but generally, i feel like she's often sad but rarely angry, so it could be interesting to hear that

edit: OH cruel world is definitely angry as well 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

13 hours ago, ShadesOfFool said:

her saying the album is angry is interesting cause anger isn't something i feel like she expresses too much in her songs

i feel like certain parts of Ultraviolence could be described as "angry"...fucked my way, money power glory...errr....thats kind of it, but i feel like shes showing anger at the media in those. in my feelings, dealer, cinnamon girl....those lyrically show someone pissed off 

but generally, i feel like she's often sad but rarely angry, so it could be interesting to hear that

edit: OH cruel world is definitely angry as well 

tbh i don't really hear cruel world, MPG, or FMWUTTT as angry, she just seems sort of like fed up about whatever she's singing about and the songs come off more as like ironic mocking (MPG and FMWUTTT) or sad (cruel world). songs in lana's released discography that lyrically come across as "angry" to me are dealer (she said in her insta live that she was "furious" in that song), cherry, high by the beach, 24, wait for life, i can fly, and thunder

it's so dry in here :bebe:

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

1 hour ago, Whore of Tropico said:

it's so dry in here :bebe:

1 hour ago, sadhotforever said:

This thread:

Tumbleweed GIF | Gfycat

Well there’s nothing to talk about lol 

As long as she doesn’t post anything, it will stay that way apparently. And with the recent news about the right to abortion being overturned, I don’t expect her to post in the next days anything that is not on that subject (and rightfully so: with COCC, she updated us on election night and some media said it was a weird move and maybe not the best timing; I can’t imagine if she announced LDR9 how much backlash she’d get…)

Things are so dry lately so I'm thinking of throwing these on that site we all know with a fake tracklist to create false hype for fun :hair:

uEWkPcS.jpg

xYENlYp.png

tD45nQ0.jpg

1 hour ago, sadhotforever said:

Changing my LB theme to LFL to manifest LFL 2.0:makeup2:

Change hit really hard a couple of weeks ago, but God Bless America, these days with everything happening in the States, is something else :toofunny: LFL deserves another chance for whoever called it trash.