Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I was reading Bens caption, and I got to thinking that I thought ]

Maybe LDR9 would be tested less if she scrapped the DNC title

like she teased for "RockCandySweet" for BB 

maybe she renamed it but hope is a dangerous thing for a gay like me to have 

I feel DNC if it means Del Norte County is such a boring title esp since BB didn't really impact as far a reach as NFR, UV, BTD, LFL, 

anyone think she has reworked the title for LDR9/X????

When Ben talked about "new music" it sounded like we'd get a single first, but "new album soon" could mean that there's not much time between the album and a possible single (if we get one). So a single will come at the same time as the album or it will be released just a week before. I don't feel like we're being teased with a series of singles until we get the album, like in the NFR pre-release era.

6 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

When Ben talked about "new music" it sounded like we'd get a single first, but "new album soon" could mean that there's not much time between the album and a possible single (if we get one). So a single will come at the same time as the album or it will be released just a week before. I don't feel like we're being teased with a series of singles until we get the album, like in the NFR pre-release era.

I honestly doubt that his comments have that much depth

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

44 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Don’t know if that’s what he meant but I must say it’s the « trend » at the moment: one single, sometimes preorder before that lead, and release within 3 months, 4 tops. Of course that means that the album is done and submitted before official announcement. Maybe this could be one « condition » Interscope imposed on Lana before anything happens for real. 

4 hours ago, Wait For Life said:

y’all know that as far as we’re concerned “DNC” means absolutely nothing :brows3:

At this point definitely... if it was something that important or relevant it would be the album title but since she didn't have one in May it was either scrapped/changed or it never meant anything :thumb2:

What I don't understand is why she didn't just wear the NFR jacket if that's the look she was going for... maybe she just rented it for the MV and had to get a similar one but either way why the random letters when the logo already had a big wave so it's not like it was empty or uninteresting...

Maybe it was from a stock collection of different patches with all sorts of random acronyms and logos for aesthetics :hide:

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Don’t know if that’s what he meant but I must say it’s the « trend » at the moment: one single, sometimes preorder before that lead, and release within 3 months, 4 tops. Of course that means that the album is done and submitted before official announcement. Maybe this could be one « condition » Interscope imposed on Lana before anything happens for real. 

Maybe they want to be sure that there's no delay and everything is shipped on the same day before announcing anything to avoid problems... even though BB preorder was less than 2 months long and the US vinyl shipped 1 week late :judgingu3:

giphy.gif

When Ben said "new music" he meant "Summertime Sadness Sped Up" :oprah3:

Now I believe we're getting nothing till the end of the year.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

11 minutes ago, TheDollClub said:

DNC stands for Del Norte County, the album title as of now. 

As far as I know this was never actually confirmed, it's just fan speculation that's been generally accepted (although I thought I had remembered BoZ saying something about this title?? I could be wrong, though). But Lana's album titles are always changing so even if an insider did say this was the title, it most likely isn't anymore

imageproxy.jpg

I got more updates from my ”insider”.

This is all alleged speculations.

The lead single is called The Rain and it was supposed to be announced/released the following week after The Queen’s death but due to her passing, they had to change the release out of respect. 

The album has a song called ”Long Nails/On Your Back” and it samples Waterfalls by TLC. It’s one of the best songs on the album. 

Also I’ve been told the lavel is really happy about the success of SS and her other songs on TikTok, so Lana and her team might (!) be planning a…. T-word 👀

5 minutes ago, TheDollClub said:

The lead single is called The Rain and it was supposed to be announced/released the following week after The Queen’s death but due to her passing, they had to change the release out of respect. 

The album has a song called ”Long Nails/On Your Back” and it samples Waterfalls by TLC. It’s one of the best songs on the album. 

Also I’ve been told the lavel is really happy about the success of SS and her other songs on TikTok, so Lana and her team might (!) be planning a…. T-word 👀

This is why we don't do drugs, girls and gays:scoff:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

14 minutes ago, TheDollClub said:

the return of long nails on your back