Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

6 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

Not Chuck posting the HBTB bts picture now... they're just playing with us :judgingu3:

agreed. its truly iconic and penthouse level. but also kinda makes me annoyed/sad cuz they have not worked on anything new as far as aesthetics go (that we know of) that is on  "that level"  like they could keep crafting magic but all they do Is throw bday parties and eat cake LOL (as they should but im hungry for art) 

1 hour ago, Offtotheraces01 said:

Chuck posting a hbtb pic…. Its giving “anyone can start again, not through love, but through revenge” and the fact that mike commented that she’s the goat?!?!? I’m trying to not reach but all I’m saying is the girls should be very afraid of miss del rey this up and coming era

the tik tok #lanadelreyiscancelled  girlies are about to be quaking in their boots

giphy.gif

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

I'm really looking forward to this album whenever it will come:true: 

Spoiler

Idk why but I have a feeling we either get it at the end of this year/ Jan 2023 ( October/November- Jan) or like in April 2023. 

Everything so far seems very interesting & I really hope they are shooting sth in New York, especially at " The Breakers" right now.

I really think this album will be great & she is going a step bigger then on her last two albums. 

I think this might be kinda her revenge album. On the BB album Arcadia,  Interlude,  BBS & even Beautiful somehow , were a bit of " revenge " / or at least hinting somewhere at that & at that theme. So maybe that was only the beginning

I think this ( LDR9) might be her "revenge" album & also with her anger & the HBTB stills. But whatever it will be in the end , I feel like it will truly serve.

I do hope we get some angry/ revenge songs but then towards the end, when the anger is out, I wouldn't mind some fun or lighter songs.

Also I didn't wanted to use the word revenge so much but I couldn‘t come up with another word/description :hide:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I wish I could understand why the Grants are posting what they are posting :omfg2:

Chuck’s latest… is it because she wants to blow something up because of the political / social climate in the States? Is it related to Lana and her new project? Is she pissed at her BF :godlaugh2:?

i’m just surprised the (reliable) insiders really have NO tea this time around. not even a little hint or their opinion on what’s to come and it makes me think they don’t know anything. and idk if that’s a good or bad thing regarding how far away or close this project actually is :bebe:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

1 hour ago, mrborntolose said:

i’m just surprised the (reliable) insiders really have NO tea this time around. not even a little hint or their opinion on what’s to come and it makes me think they don’t know anything. and idk if that’s a good or bad thing regarding how far away or close this project actually is :bebe:

or maybe it’s a massive serve and they’re keeping it a secret so we get excited when it drops :party:

1 hour ago, mrborntolose said:

Maybe they were finally able to keep the album stuff secret this time but I definitely expect the details about the lead single "leaking" at least a week before its release 

giphy.gif

34 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Maybe they were finally able to keep the album stuff secret this time but I definitely expect the details about the lead single "leaking" at least a week before its release 

36 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

or maybe it’s a massive serve and they’re keeping it a secret so we get excited when it drops :party:

trueeee. now that i remember i do remember seeing BoZ liked a tweet that asked him if her managers asked him to keep quiet too. so maybe they reached out to the insiders

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

19 minutes ago, mrborntolose said:

trueeee. now that i remember i do remember seeing BoZ liked a tweet that asked him if her managers asked him to keep quiet too. so maybe they reached out to the insiders

Your sig is hilarious 😂😂😂😂

but yes I hope it’s true that they asked insiders to keep quiet cause that means they care enough to keep something special secret.. or at least I hope that’s what it means 😭

2 hours ago, mrborntolose said:

Well, the most reliable two seem to be on high scrutiny by Lana’s team: every time Eclipse posts something, her team is asking him to take it down; and BoZ liked a comment that was asking if he got silenced by Lana’s team, on her birthday. I’m pretty sure one of them will hint at something a bit before it drops or something is set in motion. However, others who hinted at something on LB don’t seem to know anything of the latter plans… When MaC and VB were announced, I don’t remember anyone saying something was coming prior to her announcement (ok, maybe one of the Twitter “leakers” that said she was scheduled to release two songs by the end of summer, which turned out to be true after all). So maybe the last stages of LDR9 have been more secure than the rest of its early stages?

I'm so excited about Lana saying Drew added orchestra to the songs. That means it's not just piano and some lone strings in the background but a full on cinematic production :gasp: (at least for some songs, she'll probably have a couple of piano only ballads)

giphy.gif

At least one thing we can't worry is that Lana isn't trendhopping and her albums won't be dated after few 3 years. We remember what was expected from many artists in previous years.

2010-12- dance pop/EDM/club 

2015-16- reggae pop

2014-17- tropical house/trap/urban-leaning songs

2018-19- chilly pop/future bass (still kinda trendy)/soundcloud rap collab

2020-now- disco, 2000s pop rock/punk and minimalistic pop & R&B 

In past we thought this trends was cool but now it sounds older and less fresh than many e.g. 90s songs. Even if LFL kinda follow trends it still sounds better than 90% trendy songs then cause this was making by heart not by minds how to earn the biggest amount of money.

5 hours ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

I'm really looking forward to this album whenever it will come:true: 

Reveal hidden contents

Idk why but I have a feeling we either get it at the end of this year/ Jan 2023 ( October/November- Jan) or like in April 2023. 

Everything so far seems very interesting & I really hope they are shooting sth in New York, especially at " The Breakers" right now.

I really think this album will be great & she is going a step bigger then on her last two albums. 

I think this might be kinda her revenge album. On the BB album Arcadia,  Interlude,  BBS & even Beautiful somehow , were a bit of " revenge " / or at least hinting somewhere at that & at that theme. So maybe that was only the beginning

I think this ( LDR9) might be her "revenge" album & also with her anger & the HBTB stills. But whatever it will be in the end , I feel like it will truly serve.

I do hope we get some angry/ revenge songs but then towards the end, when the anger is out, I wouldn't mind some fun or lighter songs.

Also I didn't wanted to use the word revenge so much but I couldn‘t come up with another word/description :hide:

'Vendetta.' Use it instead. 

At least I hope she finally got there with what she wanted in this record, cause she previously mentioned that she hasn’t reached it and that can be heard through the last records….just sayin…
Not meant to sound hollow or I don’t know whatelse, but if she delivers another blue banisters case of album, then she should better try and hire a team to help her and stop saying on the interviews that I don’t have someone to write the songs for me blah blah and I should hire someone blah blah (f.e Annie Mac’s interview), there are plenty of talented people out there who they could shine just once.

Spoiler

And before lipsters roast me, I want to make it clear that I believe she’s a hardworking person, doing many things and recording all the time, but tbh she’s not the only person in the planet who does that lol. I hope this album delivers something fresh, a new perspective of the Lana Del Rey’s vision, and a more challenging music & lyrics.

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

5 minutes ago, Pat Bathing Suit said:

At least I hope she finally got there with what she wanted in this record, cause she previously mentioned that she hasn’t reached it and that can be heard through the last records….just sayin…
Not meant to sound hollow or I don’t know whatelse, but if she delivers another blue banisters case of album, then she should better try and hire a team to help her and stop saying on the interviews that I don’t have someone to write the songs for me blah blah and I should hire someone blah blah (f.e Annie Mac’s interview), there are plenty of talented people out there who they could shine just once.

Reveal hidden contents

And before lipsters roast me, I want to make it clear that I believe she’s a hardworking person, doing many things and recording all the time, but tbh she’s not the only person in the planet who does that lol. I hope this album delivers something fresh, a new perspective of the Lana Del Rey’s vision, and a more challenging music & lyrics.

At this point, all I want is bigger production than the last two. If she delivers something fun and breezy, fine, but if she wants to continue on the path of singer-songwriter-sad girl shit, I’m fine with it also. Buddy’s RV is still a song I go back to frequently and It’s nowhere near a “summer song” haha 

17 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

If this is the photo, it’s from July 5, 2021 (last year). The fan just seems to have posted it a year later.A0-BEC352-4-E76-4-D4-A-A647-17836-A6-D6-

it was last year indeed, the girl sent the pic to delreydear on insta and claimed that lana came up to them because they were staring and too afraid to ask for pictures.. love her :crai:

3 minutes ago, fierybkn said:

it was last year indeed, the girl sent the pic to delreydear on insta and claimed that lana came up to them because they were staring and too afraid to ask for pictures.. love her :crai:

This is the most wholesome thing I’ve read this week. Lana you’re so wonderful for doing that for a timid fan :emofish: :kiss2:

On 6/17/2022 at 10:04 PM, fierybkn said:

Maybe Rob's involvment in this next project is because LDR9 is mostly going to be about Lana's relationship with her dad, when she was younger. And so... "When I look back, tracing fingertips over plastic bags, I think I wish I could extrapolate some small intention or maybe get your attention for a minute or two" would be about Lana detailing how she felt abandonned by her dad in the past. And maybe that's why she wanted him to be more involved in that project. I don't think this is true but I'd like it to be. At least we can say that over the past recent years, her dad has grown to be one of her main inspirations, she literally started BB with "I was looking for the father I wanted back" and paradoxically they look like they've been pretty close since 2019.

Praying for the album not to sound like sweet carolina :eek2:

Just saying. I re-read the W Mag issue cause thank God I finally managed to get it physically, and I stumbled upon this: "My dad is a deep-sea shark fisherman—he has been for 15 years—and he lived on a boat in Providence, Rhode Island, from the age of 15 to 18". I don’t know if anyone noticed that before but we know they’re messing around in Rhode Island at the moment. I could definitely see a norman type of cover, black and white because there’s no place for colors on that album, on a boat with her dad, or on the beach. Anyway, what I’m almost sure of is her dad being one of the main themes of LDR9.