Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, COCC said:

So… next week? :true:

:omfg2:

seriously, I think the lead by the end of the month or early August (we’ve not seen her record in a long time, making me think it’s done), album in four-five months (November) if it’s really done. 

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

seriously, I think the lead by the end of the month or early August (we’ve not seen her record in a long time, making me think it’s done), album in four-five months (November) if it’s really done. 

On 7/11/2022 at 8:21 AM, The Stargirl Pinky said:

New music out next month, thx 111 :true:

Eclipse already told us when via subliminal messaging, until then start ordering your new weaves for the snatchery  :true:

16 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

(we’ve not seen her record in a long time, making me think it’s done)

she's said on w magazine she's been recording stuff in her phone, so even if she's not physically going to the studio she might still be working on it + jack antonoff's been on tour for a while so if there are any tracks with him that need polish (or still to be recorded) she'll probably have to wait until he's done

4 minutes ago, World At War said:

she's said on w magazine she's been recording stuff in her phone, so even if she's not physically going to the studio she might still be working on it + jack antonoff's been on tour for a while so if there are any tracks with him that need polish (or still to be recorded) she'll probably have to wait until he's done

True. I read that interview, about her process and the song she was describing, as « this is how I’ve been working at the moment », like she does when describing her albums: She pretty much talks about the song she is working on at the moment and never the whole album. Maybe she is not done and I’m fine with it: I’m not starving for a new album.

Either a lead or, even better, a cute / very good / excellent side project (collab, soundtrack), I’d be a happy camper. I’m still listening to BB regularly, so I’m in no rush for a new album, even if it’s the best time ever, when we’re just around a new era. 

20 minutes ago, DCooper said:

If DragonWhore was right about cold and foggy Northern California vibes, a November/December release would be so stunning for the holiday season :lange:

The coldest and foggiest months in San Francisco are summer 😭😭😭

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

2 minutes ago, Mer said:

The coldest and foggiest months in San Francisco are summer 😭😭😭

True but cold and foggy vibes would fit my holiday season quite nicely :ma:

2 hours ago, keps2013 said:

i thought he spilled about the 3 surprise singles from BB

i don't remember tbh, but regardless that was over a year ago at this point :popcorn:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Strangely enough I’m ok with not having anything this year bc I feel like it’s too soon to have another album but at the same time I’m dying to listen to fresh new polished stuff from her. :crossed: I loved BB but sometimes I think to myself that it would have been better if she had scrapped it. At the very least I don’t want her to neglect this era... I joined during the LFL era and the promotion was fire, everything seemed so exciting back then. She was pushed to act that way I’m sure.

I can’t at everyone blindly believing Dragonwhore :awkney:

So far there has not been a single thing they’ve said that’s even been remotely correct 

"Don’t forget me"

I was listening to 'French Restaurant' and 'Cult Leader' earlier, and it struck that both have a sort of intimate, bleeding edge and 'emotional danger'--I don't know what else to call it--that's been lacking in her last three albums, as much as I like COCC and most of BB, and to be fair, lacking from most of LFL too. 

It's almost as if she feels she has to 'clean things up for the public' instead of revealing the more dire, hard-to-describe emotions she explores on those two songs.

I'd love to see some real emotion and vulnerability on LDR9, and I do think there was a trickle of it on COCC and BB, but that was not the emotional focus of either album. 

On 7/12/2022 at 5:08 PM, 111 said:

but the triple single

i've been in every era since honeymoon don't get it twisted

stan-twitter-kinkytwt.gif

i know, someone already corrected me :makeup2:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

9 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I was listening to 'French Restaurant' and 'Cult Leader' earlier, and it struck that both have a sort of intimate, bleeding edge and 'emotional danger'--I don't know what else to call it--that's been lacking in her last three albums, as much as I like COCC and most of BB, and to be far, lacking from most of LFL too. 

It's almost as if she feels she has to 'clean things up for the public' instead of revealing the more dire, hard-to-describe emotions she explores on those too songs.

I'd love to see some real emotion and vulnerability on LDR9, and I do think there was a trickle of it on COCC and BB, but that was not the emotional focus of either album. 

I hope that at least one of the two is on the new album. They're among my absolute favorite songs yet unreleased. :wub:

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

I was listening to 'French Restaurant' and 'Cult Leader' earlier, and it struck that both have a sort of intimate, bleeding edge and 'emotional danger'--I don't know what else to call it--that's been lacking in her last three albums, as much as I like COCC and most of BB, and to be fair, lacking from most of LFL too. 

It's almost as if she feels she has to 'clean things up for the public' instead of revealing the more dire, hard-to-describe emotions she explores on those two songs.

I know what you mean, it's a sense of urgency, a breaking point, and an uncertainty about which way it will go. Everything hangs in the balance. 

I feel emotional vulnerability in COCC and the new BB songs, but perhaps not that urgency and tension about what comes next. The new material feels more like looking back after all the drama has already played out.

I don't think she is pulling back from writing about challenging emotions so much as maybe she's just not living on the razor's edge these days. French Restaurant if I'm reading it right is basically a suicide note. I have no idea what her real life is like, but everything we've seen lately seems like a more relaxed, joyful not-bothered period. I doubt we will get wrenching tension in LDR9 because she's just somewhere else. But it could be a time of really expansive creativity and warmth, musically speaking.

22 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I want Lana to cover a Rammstein song for this album... :um2:

this it it!!!
And as a german i am here for a nostalgic cold war album about Berlin and East Germany and it begins with a cover of "Wind of Change" and ends with the most mysterious song on the internet.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It