Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

47 minutes ago, alittleparty said:

I know what you mean, it's a sense of urgency, a breaking point, and an uncertainty about which way it will go. Everything hangs in the balance. 

I feel emotional vulnerability in COCC and the new BB songs, but perhaps not that urgency and tension about what comes next. The new material feels more like looking back after all the drama has already played out.

I don't think she is pulling back from writing about challenging emotions so much as maybe she's just not living on the razor's edge these days. French Restaurant if I'm reading it right is basically a suicide note. I have no idea what her real life is like, but everything we've seen lately seems like a more relaxed, joyful not-bothered period. I doubt we will get wrenching tension in LDR9 because she's just somewhere else. But it could be a time of really expansive creativity and warmth, musically speaking.

honestly? I hope this doesn’t come off wrong, but, that’s getting older. Being young is about having that seemingly inexhaustible urgency - as I get older though, time and thereby my sense of self begin to stretch in ways they didn’t before, and thereby emotions begin to blur, even seeming to flatten and muddy. Not a bad thing, just, genuinely different. I’m 30 next year and can’t even begin to imagine how my experience may yet change towards this trend even further as hers must have in her later thirties now.

45 minutes ago, blackestday89 said:

this it it!!!
And as a german i am here for a nostalgic cold war album about Berlin and East Germany and it begins with a cover of "Wind of Change" and ends with the most mysterious song on the internet.

No, because I truly wish for this album to have a dark vibe to it... Something nostalgic, a bit dark/twisted but fragile and soft at the same time! Something in the vein of Wildflower Wildfire, but taken to the next level :defeated: 

Unpopular opinion, but I also think a political song or two with the same vibe could be really nice, as well... :smokes3:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

2 hours ago, Vertimus said:

I was listening to 'French Restaurant' and 'Cult Leader' earlier, and it struck that both have a sort of intimate, bleeding edge and 'emotional danger'--I don't know what else to call it--that's been lacking in her last three albums, as much as I like COCC and most of BB, and to be fair, lacking from most of LFL too. 

It's almost as if she feels she has to 'clean things up for the public' instead of revealing the more dire, hard-to-describe emotions she explores on those two songs.

I'd love to see some real emotion and vulnerability on LDR9, and I do think there was a trickle of it on COCC and BB, but that was not the emotional focus of either album. 

I’ve thought the same thing about French Restaurant and Cult Leader. They are buzzing with the energy that got me hooked on her in the first place. I know she’s getting older and so am I (I’m one year younger than her), so that intensity isn’t as present as it was ten years ago…but even lyrically, there was something so different about her unlike any other artist. I love all her stuff but her newer albums don’t have that bite, that edge. I last heard it on Honeymoon. I miss it but understand if she’s moved on and doesn’t want to return to that darkness. Sometimes it’s a lonely place to be. I do miss it though. I feel she’s capable of anything. “I can do that. I can do anything,” - My Bedroom is a Sacred Place now… I believe her. I think she can do that. Something different. I’m perched. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

Hi. 

Please stick to topic.

Please don't tag members and beg for information or leaks. It's really disappointing to see unprovoked complaints or rants about other users - this is actually against our Guidelines. Take those complaints and stick them in a private message or elsewhere so it's not public. It's really frustrating to have a chorus of people constantly dragging you and when the only natural response is to fight back it just creates a bizarre environment for people who just want to dream about the album. Likewise, don't just come in here for the pure reason of lighting our excitable userbase on fire - I think everyone is aware how starved of information they are.

There is no need to tag or bring up leakers, self-proclaimed or otherwise - you are welcome to discuss any rumours you hear but please don't tag specific users or complain about their lack of information in a certain era. They don't owe you anything, and users have been placed on mod queue in the past for doing this consistently. 

I am debating moving posts but will leave them up for the time being. Please drop this otherwise I will need to lock the topic temporarily and delete posts and issue warning points.

Thank you,

Sam

3lfQEhw.png

3 hours ago, alittleparty said:

I know what you mean, it's a sense of urgency, a breaking point, and an uncertainty about which way it will go. Everything hangs in the balance. 

I feel emotional vulnerability in COCC and the new BB songs, but perhaps not that urgency and tension about what comes next. The new material feels more like looking back after all the drama has already played out.

I don't think she is pulling back from writing about challenging emotions so much as maybe she's just not living on the razor's edge these days. French Restaurant if I'm reading it right is basically a suicide note. I have no idea what her real life is like, but everything we've seen lately seems like a more relaxed, joyful not-bothered period. I doubt we will get wrenching tension in LDR9 because she's just somewhere else. But it could be a time of really expansive creativity and warmth, musically speaking.

Full agree. Beautifully said. I never considered FR as a suicide note, but I appreciate that interpretation and will look at it from that perspective next time I play it. 

I wonder towards who she's directing her anger on LDR9 cause when it's family stuff (WFWF) she sounds more sad than angry and the songs for the media (like BBS or FMWUTTT) are more in an ironic/funny way... :um2:

Her truly angry songs seem to be directed mainly towards exes (or at least that archetype of person).

Or maybe it's in an existential way like Tired Of Singing The Blues :brows:

If the new record is truly conversational, wordy and angry I'm sure she's going to say sooo much interesting stuff (and it doesn't look like she's going to censor herself at all :thirst:

giphy.gif

On 7/9/2022 at 11:20 AM, Vertimus said:

I also miss her earlier BTD/P vocals, also heard on 'Wait For Life,' were she seemed to be really concentrating on her vocals and doing all kinds of original and novel things with them, expressing different personas, etc. 

I think she's just become happy with what she considers her 'true, real, and authentic voice,' and just wants to use that, so we hear it on 'Arcadia,' and 'Sweet Caroline,' and 'VFR.' 

Exactly! Her earlier singing style was ART. It was always her story I feel, she just made it theatrical. It always seemed more like was channeling something as opposed to playing a character. Very constructed and articulated and emotional. Unapologetic. I feel she’s explored a lot of the “stardust” inside her, and has been more content leaning into more detailed lyrics with a more clear voice. I feel the big difference in opinions amongst fans comes from those who don’t care to appreciate BOTH her songwriting and vocal abilities.

just want u to know I'm here and that I have deets but the hostility is a no go for me right now. Maybe in a week I'll spill some. 

all u do is take and all I get is hostility.

No Nikki lane on this one.

7 minutes ago, shadesofyosemite said:

Love Me Like You Used To could be an actual title tbh it’s very Lana

LMLYLAW, LMLYUT and LYTAN the holy trinity  :ma:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

6 hours ago, takeitdoen said:

Hi. 

Please stick to topic.

Please don't tag members and beg for information or leaks. It's really disappointing to see unprovoked complaints or rants about other users - this is actually against our Guidelines. Take those complaints and stick them in a private message or elsewhere so it's not public. It's really frustrating to have a chorus of people constantly dragging you and when the only natural response is to fight back it just creates a bizarre environment for people who just want to dream about the album. Likewise, don't just come in here for the pure reason of lighting our excitable userbase on fire - I think everyone is aware how starved of information they are.

There is no need to tag or bring up leakers, self-proclaimed or otherwise - you are welcome to discuss any rumours you hear but please don't tag specific users or complain about their lack of information in a certain era. They don't owe you anything, and users have been placed on mod queue in the past for doing this consistently. 

I am debating moving posts but will leave them up for the time being. Please drop this otherwise I will need to lock the topic temporarily and delete posts and issue warning points.

Thank you,

Sam

I think we can all win if we treat each other with more respect! :oprah3:

Reading the insider fights in this thread and the Sky Ferreira thread but lowkey also enjoying it

filipino-girl.gif

On 7/13/2022 at 12:52 AM, plastiscguy said:

omg bot lana spilling about ldr9 :defeated:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20220713-015515-829.png

Screenshot_20220713-015610-133.png

:oopna2:

Ok but „Denial of Consciousness“ sounds great :defeated:

2 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

I think we can all win if we treat each other with more respect! :oprah3:

yeah… i know we’re going through a drought but we’re the best fanbase and we can go through this by being kind to everyone and being patient and lana will hopefully serve:kiss2:

3 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

perhaps i am mentally stuck as a teenager but everything keeps reinforcing the possibility of off to the races 2.0 :true: something w TEMPO is coming i feel it :true:

I’ve been playing ottr non stop these days it must be a sign :trisha:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆