Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Hey all, let's not use the LDR9 thread to speculate/comment on her relationship with Jack in ways that don't pertain to the record. 

For now I'm just moving all of the off-topic posts related to Jack into the recent sightings thread about him, but the Random Lana Discussion thread would also work too to continue that discussion.

Let's keep things on topic here! Thank you! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Spoiler

it never ceases to amaze me how LB will go absolutely buck wild even when theres literally no new leads or news

since we got like 5 previously leaked tracks on BB, chances are theres gonna be some leaked material on ldr9 also. im voting UFB in my heart and soul, but i know realistically its prob gonna be a more country track like prettiest girl in country music or whatever the fuck that was

~    fantasia-seductive.gif ~

hey blue baby was such a great song! still watch the vids every once in a while. i already love chemtrails as it is, but i'd love it even more if she had REALLY bitten into country as she did on that track.

and, speaking of musical direction, i wonder how eccletic ldr9 will be. her music usually reflects whoever she's been closer to at the time and rn she's torn between really different people: 1. an edgy underground bf 2. beverly hills influencers 3. the hipster-adjacent country crowd 4. her family ー that, might i add, is pretty diverse on itself + jack's mentioned 808s while lana talked abt reverbed vocals w orchestral backgrounds. she's clearly in touch w very distinct ideas at the moment and i keep thinking on whether or not the music will reflect these newfound multitudes 

3 hours ago, Flowerbomb said:

The vinyl colour will be pastel lavender with specs of glitter in it

This! I'm still waiting on a pastel lanz vinyl release. Maybe it's a pipe dream and she's just not a pastel girlie, she's into a more bold aesthetic, but i would break the bank if she did a pastel pink or blue or lavender:crai:

Spoiler

(i mean i break the bank buying her vinyls anyways but you know what i mean)

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

1 hour ago, World At War said:

hey blue baby was such a great song! still watch the vids every once in a while. i already love chemtrails as it is, but i'd love it even more if she had REALLY bitten into country as she did on that track.

and, speaking of musical direction, i wonder how eccletic ldr9 will be. her music usually reflects whoever she's been closer to at the time and rn she's torn between really different people: 1. an edgy underground bf 2. beverly hills influencers 3. the hipster-adjacent country crowd 4. her family ー that, might i add, is pretty diverse on itself + jack's mentioned 808s while lana talked abt reverbed vocals w orchestral backgrounds. she's clearly in touch w very distinct ideas at the moment and i keep thinking on whether or not the music will reflect these newfound multitudes 

Pat said she has a chameleon soul for a reason. 

On 7/13/2022 at 6:13 AM, DragonWhore said:

just want u to know I'm here and that I have deets but the hostility is a no go for me right now. Maybe in a week I'll spill some. 

all u do is take and all I get is hostility.

No Nikki lane on this one.

Please give us any info! Please please 🥺 

12 hours ago, Brat said:
  Reveal hidden contents

it never ceases to amaze me how LB will go absolutely buck wild even when theres literally no new leads or news

since we got like 5 previously leaked tracks on BB, chances are theres gonna be some leaked material on ldr9 also. im voting UFB in my heart and soul, but i know realistically its prob gonna be a more country track like prettiest girl in country music or whatever the fuck that was

I think after BB she realized she could slowly release her favorite leaked songs throughout her albums so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case :um2:

I'd like if she only added 2 as max (or just release them all separately as a side project) but at the end of the day they are still her songs so as long as she doesn't scrap new material to make space for them I'm not against it 

giphy.gif

I'd rather not use previously leaked material on LDR9 and her other forthcoming albums, unless they're rerecorded, or she releases an album of all the leaked songs together (rerecorded or not).

I can understand her desire to use great material like 'Hollywood' and 'Angels Forever,' even the original 'Live Or Die,' but is she still in the L.A. frame of mind, or the murderous rampage state of mind reflected in 'Live Or Die'? Especially after Uvalde? 

I love 'Serene Queen,' but after the last three albums, is that where she is temperamentally?

I keep thinking about where she could go next sonically, and then I think about Robert Grant's involvement, and I can only see him slowing and lowering the mood, a la 'Sweet Carolina,' 'Violets For Roses' (which I love), and other Carly Simon-esque, middle-of-the-road numbers. On the other hand, Rob clearly heard her sing, "You fucked me so good I almost said I...love..you," so maybe his presence has little immediate self-conscious effect on her. 

My preference would be all new material. 

I don’t know what to expect sonically from LDR9, I just hope her current man’s music had some sort of influence on her, just to switch the things up a bit.

Lanarat.png

4 hours ago, Yameena Khatri said:

Wait.. Is the snippet of BB reworked version real? 

what snippet??? 

1 hour ago, Brow Bone said:

i read this as lana considering yodeling for ldr9 and got so confused

Her Gwen Stefani era :mj:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven