Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, BlueINK said:

Yeah me too and what does that even mean? That her ancestors did shitty things and she now has to pay for it?? Because she seems to be blaming her "karmic lineage" for every negative reaction she gets. She even talked about it in her Variety speech and connected it to criticism for things like QFTC. Like, could it just be that you got critisized for QFTC because you simply phrased it awfully? It's not always your ancestors' negative energy that gets you into trouble :tea:

Anyway, might just depend on what you believe in I guess and I'm not attacking anybody's belief. But she's talked about it enough, that's for sure. 

By 'karmic lineage,' I thought she was just referring to her own private, personal karma, nothing larger or broader than that, but it's possible. 

Full agree about the QFTC; it read as if written by an eighth grader, and as such deserved to be criticized for raising such heated topics but doing it in such a mediocre manner. 

29 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

this is what i NEED :omg:

might be an unpopular opinion but im tired of the story… a couple songs about her story would be fine though. i feel like bb was so heavy with those topics and we need something lighter n fresher. 

The thing is that she didn't really say anything about it so I'd like if she elaborated a bit more on the subject (If she feels comfortable enough of course).

She branded BB as "her story" but other than WFWF...

I'd prefer that topic than another album telling us how tired she is of being famous :um2:

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

The thing is that she didn't really say anything about it so I'd like if she elaborated a bit more on the subject (If she feels comfortable enough of course).

She branded BB as "her story" but other than WFWF...

I'd prefer that topic than another album telling us how tired she is of being famous :um2:

I do hear a lot of « her story » elements to many songs on BB, even if she didn’t explain them explicitly:

- TextBook: I was looking for the father I wanted back;

- BB: there’s a hole that’s in my heart;

- Arcadia and BBS respond to her numerous critics throughout her career and recently;

- Beautiful is probably about a guy but also about critics that said she romanticized depression and sadness;

- all the songs from wFWF through SC are about motherhood: How her mother raged at her and left many scars in her, how she wants to be a mother herself, how she found a new spiritual one (LL) and how she embraces her sister’s motherhood. 
- the other songs are mostly love stories, and although not that revealing, they do give us some insight on how she loves. 

anyways, for LDR9, the lyrics could be still personal, but maybe just a tad more production / beats / guitars, please.

42 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

By 'karmic lineage,' I thought she was just referring to her own private, personal karma, nothing larger or broader than that, but it's possible. 

Oh, I thought she meant that earlier generations of her family were doing awful stuff and she inherited their bad karma (through her mother) and that's why she's having a tough life and doesn't get along with Patty :stareney2: is that ver far-fetched??

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

3 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

Oh, I thought she meant that earlier generations of her family were doing awful stuff and she inherited their bad karma (through her mother) and that's why she's having a tough life and doesn't get along with Patty :stareney2: is that ver far-fetched??

"Hating" her mother for giving her bad karma would be too petty tho :hide:

I think her issues with Pat were that she wasn't very supportive of her career choices (and she probably still isn't considering it doesn't seem like they get along any better now)

giphy.gif

54 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

Yeah me too and what does that even mean? That her ancestors did shitty things and she now has to pay for it?? Because she seems to be blaming her "karmic lineage" for every negative reaction she gets. She even talked about it in her Variety speech and connected it to criticism for things like QFTC. Like, could it just be that you got critisized for QFTC because you simply phrased it awfully? It's not always your ancestors' negative energy that gets you into trouble :tea:

Anyway, might just depend on what you believe in I guess and I'm not attacking anybody's belief. But she's talked about it enough, that's for sure. 

agreed and even if this is about her “personal karma” i still think ive heard enough about it. i feel like i know a lot about her life story from being a fan, analyzing her music, and watching it all play out over the years. i’d really like some new material that isnt about heavy + repetitive topics like critics, politics, or something. 

Also ever since NFR, I feel like she's oversharing things, through music or social media. The music has always been personal, but they were coded and had layers to it for us to crack it down. Meanwhile the recent ones are extremely straightforward and blunt, which is not a bad thing since the pen game has improved. But it is an antithesis of herself, because GP has always perceived her as some mysterious entity. Ngl deactivating the main accounts are probably the best career move atp. 

10 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

It’s basically speculation on my part, but I’ll summarize what I remember.

- back when BoZ started teasing Watercolor Eyes, in December, other Twitter accounts and users here started describing the song, but a couple also said they had heard other tracks as well (not much was said, except that one was very ambiant, atmospheric, and one sounded like If You Lie Down With Me). It was also around the time Eclipse said, on ATRL, that she was exploring a new sound that would possibly begin a new cycle of albums. At the time, we didn’t know that WCE was a soundtrack song only (we thought it was part of LDR9 :eek3:). I don’t think that Eclipse’s assumption was made just by listening to WCE only. 
- in winter or early spring, Honeymouns said in his IG story that WCE was part of a couple songs sent to Euphoria but that only WCE got picked by show.

I put two and two together about those tracks circulating back in December, in small circles and the Euphoria songs. I could be wrong though and we have no idea if those rejected songs will be on the next album (same thing happened with Big Eyes, where that track and I Can Fly got picked, but the demo to BPBP and the Good Life got tossed aside). 

i think the tendency of all reliable insiders is just to stay quiet. Lana always change her mind of what she wants to do (peaking with chemtrails i guess) so if they announce something that WOULD happen but not anymore it just urges a frustration/rage cycle to the fandom and harm their reputation. It's possible that we will only know the answer to these songs and questions when lana send the final album to advertisement departaments and distribution. At least, if they speak of something about lana it'll will happen pretty soon (just like watercolor eyes and buddys rendezvous)

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

1 hour ago, BlueINK said:

i also agree with you because in the W Magazine interview she speaks about how the poem ''violet bent backwards'' happened really naturally and there is a violet in her family tree, which it could be the beggining of her thoughts of some karmic lineage that she was able to contact via ''meditative writing''

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

3 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

I hope she goes all out with her story and calls the album Karmic Lineage 

Right after BB, she did that hour+ Live where she mentioned doing good deeds to pay back karmic lineage and that has stuck with me ever since. I think she was talking about the proceeds of VBBOTG + BTIG going to Native lands. She was just about to speak on something personal and the stream went mute and she kept talking with no idea for a solid minute :omfg2: When the audio came back she said it was divine intervention and maybe she shouldn’t share what she was going to share. Anyway, I hope she reveals more about this karmic lineage of hers because it seems to be inspiring her and my interest is piqued. 

Tumblr

43 minutes ago, Yameena Khatri said:

Also ever since NFR, I feel like she's oversharing things, through music or social media. The music has always been personal, but they were coded and had layers to it for us to crack it down. Meanwhile the recent ones are extremely straightforward and blunt, which is not a bad thing since the pen game has improved. But it is an antithesis of herself, because GP has always perceived her as some mysterious entity. Ngl deactivating the main accounts are probably the best career move atp. 

She may be talking about this in the W Magazine when she said something along the lines of having to really explain things cause people wouldn't understand who she was so I guess that's one of the reasons for her more straight to the point lyrics lately.

I personally prefer the more dream-like and abstract lyrics from her earlier work but I'm really loving this new direction anyway so I won't complain if LDR9 is like that (and from her comments about it... it probably is).

Since I know her lyrics will be good all I'm asking for is a bigger sound (which I'm confident we're getting). I'm excited for daddy Drew's orchestra :thirst:

giphy.gif

Re: karmic lineage, I really think she was implying that past generations of her family have historically wronged black and Indigenous folk by participating in racist and colonial systems at the time (obviously preceding her lifetime and her relatives that we know of).

That seems to be why she has felt this natural inclination to make reparations to the Navajo community through Violet. Especially with her platform, influence, and resources to do so. 

I also think the story she tells on Blue Banisters contains experiences that reveal to her a need to heal and not uphold her distant family’s karmic lineage. Text Book’s references to Sean and BLM + Black Bathing Suit’s references to the public’s reaction to QFTC illustrate experiences in her real life that perhaps served as mirrors to that family history, and catalytic events for Lana to forge a new path for her lineage. 

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

Since I know her lyrics will be good all I'm asking for is a bigger sound (which I'm confident we're getting). I'm excited for daddy Drew's orchestra :thirst:

https://youtu.be/1rpLTRiJyRA 

https://youtu.be/aef1j0PM3Sg

I would simply obliterate if the album opener and closure resemble something like these. :trisha:

y'all better stream the f out of Million Dollar Man & get it to 100M so that we can ask Lana to actually give us another "one for the monayyy-waorrro~oghhhh, two for the showwww-ogh-ogh-oghhhh i luv you hunny & for the very last time: I'M FINE, i'm ready to gooooo..." screaming & growling kind of serve for LDR9

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, Whore of Tropico said:

y'all better stream "Million dollar Man" to 100M so that we can ask Lana to actually give us another "one for the monayyy-waorrro~oghhhh, two for the showwww-ogh-ogh-oghhhh i luv you hunny & for the very last time: I'M FINE, i'm ready to gooooo..." screaming & growling kind of serve for LDR9

Oh My GOD YAS :illumilana2::illumilana2: