Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

6 hours ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

She isn't the product, but the demand for her music, has outgrown the supply she has given since it's so beloved here :krylie:. Usually I see Lipsters only telling her to re-release a viral leaked song when the streams are up, I don't think that'd be too difficult on her end. Then again, this is just blathering on the internet via Lanaboards, which Lana probably won't see 

How has it outgrown the supply. She's released 7 14-16 track albums (with the except of COCC) in 9 years. :rip: She has fed her fans. If anything, they're spoiled BECAUSE of the supply she's given. 

She also doesn't need to put her unreleased music on streaming plats. A lot of those songs are already well known and have millions of views on YouTube. She doesn't care for popularity like that, plus we know her stance on her unreleased music being out there, even if she's performed them live on her own terms. 

Lana is an ARTIST. Let's respect her! Some fans need to just go and appreciate the material that has already been released and leaked instead of being whiny and impatient. Let her finetune the record before y'all run to just complain about the new album and call it rushed and lazy.

48 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Patiently waiting for Ben to post about the Taylor song and say something about a beautiful record coming soon 🚀

Every time him or lana say Soon I lose a braincell :sluttybunny:

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

after all these exciting snippets i feel her doing something extravagant. portofino, rick nowels, gkit in the church.

Ldr9 will take us on a whole new level.

its obvious for me that she is not over the honeymoon album.

perhaps she experiments with trap beats, melancholic melodies and dark deep voices, sonething like an experimental honeymoon album or an honeymoon album with more dark elements like the cocc outro.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

16 minutes ago, blackestday89 said:

after all these exciting snippets i feel her doing something extravagant. portofino, rick nowels, gkit in the church.

Ldr9 will take us on a whole new level.

its obvious for me that she is not over the honeymoon album.

perhaps she experiments with trap beats, melancholic melodies and dark deep voices, sonething like an experimental honeymoon album or an honeymoon album with more dark elements like the cocc outro.

I find so interesting that she basically ignored HM for all these years and she now suddenly referenced it like 3 times in the same month :hide: (plus going back to the HM account without changing the name or bio which I'm so happy about cause I'd cry if she changed it)

Maybe she just listened to it a lot during her trip to Italy or something but it's kinda suspicious but Lana is just so random :um2: 

There's also the "honeymoon from hell" thing from Jack but that was probably just because of her ig handle.

She did say that the new stuff is the opposite of Honeymoon tho... (at least lyrically) 

giphy.gif

This is so exciting, promo for ldr9 should definitely be starting soon - i wonder if they’ll try to push a single with an album preorder before the end of the year since engagement will be so incredibly high following midnights ?? 

when it comes to sound i think im expecting something lana-wise like cinnamon girl or watercolor eyes, or taylor-wise like champagne problems or mirrorball

all of which would slay :hooker:  taylor really loves lana, and i’m pretty sure the feeling is mutual - so i’m sure they’d wanna make sure a track together is as perfect as possible, esp since it’s the only feature on the album!

1 hour ago, brandon said:

This is so exciting, promo for ldr9 should definitely be starting soon - i wonder if they’ll try to push a single with an album preorder before the end of the year since engagement will be so incredibly high following midnights ?? 

A single soon with the preorder for early next year (around February-March) would be a dream cause we'll finally have real dates to look forward to and she'll have time to release another single or two in between but I wonder when exactly it is happening (if something is happening this year).

I guess mid November looks like a good date since it's not too close to the Taylor thing (cause I doubt she wants to release that quickly after the collab) but I wonder if we're getting an announcement some weeks before cause it would be a bit weird to announce the single just right after Taylor's album :um2:

Or maybe she'll release a random song like she always does sometime between November - December and she'll use the new coming year as a fresh start to properly announce the album... 

The triple singles were a "surprise" and if I remember correctly LMLYLAW was announced like the same day it was released (and we only knew beforehand because of the video she posted of the Chemtrails bts and cause we shazamed the leaked snippet :hide:) so maybe she'll release out of the blue this time too.

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

I don't think anyone here thinks like that. She's probably releasing soon not cause she's popular right now but because she has an album almost done and we know she doesn't like to sit on albums. 

But anyway she's still signed to a major label so of course they will try to capitalize on hype and popularity. 

Nobody is demanding her music now just so she charts or whatever, we want new music cause we are Lana fans :hide:

Right. She is clearly continuously creative; she likes to work. She hasn’t stopped since she took on the LDR stage name. 

On 10/6/2022 at 8:54 PM, pinkfuneral said:

100% agree. It feels barebones production-wise even by BB standards. Always has oddly fallen flat for me despite Lana's incredible vocal performance

I think of it as a novelty track, which is not necessarily a bad thing in and of itself. I rarely play it. 

so if we move past everything, what are the chances of having anything solely ldr related be released during the wait towards the 21st. feels like other releases have been coming and going all year and taylor's midnights might give her incentive to not release anything til the former's rollout eventually fades out 

UV/Honeymoon

4 hours ago, Nova Times said:

so if we move past everything, what are the chances of having anything solely ldr related be released during the wait towards the 21st. feels like other releases have been coming and going all year and taylor's midnights might give her incentive to not release anything til the former's rollout eventually fades out 

I think we're looking at first single in  early January, album out by March

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i would not expect anything whether a single or an announcement before december at the earliest. lana will probably wait until a lot of the hype over taylor's album has died down. but i could also see her not waiting too long as an attempt to let her album slip under the radar while people are still focused on the new taylor album.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

7 minutes ago, i talk to jesus said:

i would not expect anything whether a single or an announcement before december at the earliest. lana will probably wait until a lot of the hype over taylor's album has died down. but i could also see her not waiting too long as an attempt to let her album slip under the radar while people are still focused on the new taylor album.

A couple of weeks after October 21 could be enough I think. We move on very quickly from one release to another. I don’t think she’ll want her lead single to go number 1. The collab with Taylor will surely generate some buzz / more attention from the GP, and the steaming numbers from it will probably benefit her overtime. 
but then again, we have no idea what is the plan for this album. Many artists I follow chose shorter pre-releases (4-5 months) for their new album,

and the album was done when the lead was out. 

6 hours ago, Nova Times said:

I think it's pretty unlikely we get anything before the Taylor track. And you’re probably right about the collab being the reason we don't have a song from LDR9 already...

She always releases something before even finishing the album but I think we now have the answer to why it hasn't happened this time :um2:

On one hand we'll have to wait more but on the other hand the wait between single and album will be shorter (and we are getting new Lana in 2 weeks anyway so I'd say it was worth it :true:)

giphy.gif

19 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

I don't think anyone here thinks like that. She's probably releasing soon not cause she's popular right now but because she has an album almost done and we know she doesn't like to sit on albums. 

But anyway she's still signed to a major label so of course they will try to capitalize on hype and popularity. 

Nobody is demanding her music now just so she charts or whatever, we want new music cause we are Lana fans :hide:

she sat on Norman for a good two years :pft:

im playing but you’re right. People are always wanting more music because they like her music, period. but pointing out that now would be a smart time to drop isn’t being like weird or entitled (in my opinion) it’s just kind of pointing out the obvious. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Is there anyone here who sees the middle finger in Arcadia as a big change in her career?  I mean, the symbolism of her videos is very revealing.  don't define what i am. I'm not the dear western folk lady anymore. I'm more the femme fatale now. i give a shit about your labels. when you think i sing to soft piano Melodies forget it. i will express my anger and live out my dark side.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

2 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

A couple of weeks after October 21 could be enough I think. We move on very quickly from one release to another. I don’t think she’ll want her lead single to go number 1. The collab with Taylor will surely generate some buzz / more attention from the GP, and the steaming numbers from it will probably benefit her overtime. 
but then again, we have no idea what is the plan for this album. Many artists I follow chose shorter pre-releases (4-5 months) for their new album,

and the album was done when the lead was out. 

I agree. It's not as if most of Lana's singles, or 'announced new songs,' like LMLYLAW or 'Arcadia,' have made very big ripples in the world for some time. Her 'Buddy's Rendezvous' cover probably made the most recently, and it didn't even receive a digital release. Even 'Watercolor Eyes' seemed to make more of an impact, because it was heavily promoted. Who really anticipated 'LMLYLAW' once a few snippets were heard? And I don't think the video aired on late night television generated much interest either. 

So I think we could still see some sort of single release this year. 

5 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I agree. It's not as if most of Lana's singles, or 'announced new songs,' like LMLYLAW or 'Arcadia,' have made very big ripples in the world for some time. Her 'Buddy's Rendezvous' cover probably made the most recently, and it didn't even receive a digital release. Even 'Watercolor Eyes' seemed to make more of an impact, because it was heavily promoted. Who really anticipated 'LMLYLAW' once a few snippets were heard? And I don't think the video aired on late night television generated much interest either. 

So I think we could still see some sort of single release this year. 

Exactly! 
plus I Hope Interscope realized that Lana is a « grower » artist, one that might never get a big impact upon release but that gets steady and growing numbers over time. 
BTD and Summertime Sadness are good examples.

UV surpassing NFR in the last weeks, although being a 8 year-old album… 

Even BB, which is not doing « great » compared to other releases, hit 300M streams on Spotify last month… and it’s the third fastest of her albums to get to that mark (I would never have believed). 

As for the lead of LDR9, I hope she chose a good song (mid-tempo-ish with heavier production than BB or COCC), one that could get some attention after her Taylor collab.