Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

19 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Exactly! 
plus I Hope Interscope realized that Lana is a « grower » artist, one that might never get a big impact upon release but that gets steady and growing numbers over time. 
BTD and Summertime Sadness are good examples.

UV surpassing NFR in the last weeks, although being a 8 year-old album… 

Even BB, which is not doing « great » compared to other releases, hit 300M streams on Spotify last month… and it’s the third fastest of her albums to get to that mark (I would never have believed). 

As for the lead of LDR9, I hope she chose a good song (mid-tempo-ish with heavier production than BB or COCC), one that could get some attention after her Taylor collab. 

I still find 'IYLDWM' so seductive and catchy...it gets under your skin and then you wake up with it running through your mind...I could easily see how it could bring in new listeners or be highly recommended via word of mouth and help push BB. 

'Dealer' obviously made a splash on TikTok, probably because the mass of young and younger people are attracted to dynamic, 'different,' and more 'open,' 'available,' and easily digestible music. The 'novelty' factor helps. 

But I can't see a mass audience for 'Beautiful' and especially not for 'Sweet Carolina.' Songs about siblings, parents, and babies or young children don't mesh well with the youth audience, especially when song directly to the individual(s) in question. I think the perception is that they date/age the singer or artist. 

I think the good thing is that, over time, people who listen to hear really start to 'hear' her and want more, and then find all the grand diversity of her work.       

1 hour ago, blackestday89 said:

Is there anyone here who sees the middle finger in Arcadia as a big change in her career?  I mean, the symbolism of her videos is very revealing.  don't define what i am. I'm not the dear western folk lady anymore. I'm more the femme fatale now. i give a shit about your labels. when you think i sing to soft piano Melodies forget it. i will express my anger and live out my dark side.

The thing with Lana lately is that even her "angry" songs are on the slow side (Arcadia being a ballad, Dealer being midtempo at most etc) so I'm not sure if her anger will translate into a harder sound like it used to (in UV for example) but at least she plays with her voice in tracks like BBS and of course Dealer.

When she said she was angry on the next record I assumed she meant that the lyrics are not going to be pretty and polished like HM but more a display of her rough feelings... but about the sound of it I honestly have no clue :hide:

We know theres orchestra and that Jack and her were playing with some 808 drums (but ended up recording a piano track ????) but that's it :um2:

There's also the possibility that the record is not anymore what it was in May cause she tends to change her mind a lot so well... :silly:

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

The thing with Lana lately is that even her "angry" songs are on the slow side (Arcadia being a ballad, Dealer being midtempo at most etc) so I'm not sure if her anger will translate into a harder sound like it used to (in UV for example) but at least she plays with her voice in tracks like BBS and of course Dealer.

When she said she was angry on the next record I assumed she meant that the lyrics are not going to be pretty and polished like HM but more a display of her rough feelings... but about the sound of it I honestly have no clue :hide:

We know theres orchestra and that Jack and her were playing with some 808 drums (but ended up recording a piano track ????) but that's it :um2:

There's also the possibility that the record is not anymore what it was in May cause she tends to change her mind a lot so well... :silly:

yeah i should be more realistic in terms of her new album, but i really dont want to.  

Just dreaming and hoping is sometimes better than facing the reality. And who knows - miracles are always possible

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

I really think she'll start the LDRX rollout in December - new album in 2023 for sure.

with the taylor collab coming up, this is the perfect time for it to boost her streaming numbers on all platforms & keep her name on the trending topic at its fullest potential, and we don't want to distraction nor the hype getting chopped up into small pieces for one thing or another. And i think October - December is a fine period of time for the collab to keep the hype and after that - official LDRX rollout.

What really amazes me is the fact that her streaming numbers have been doing so well, despite her not lifting a finger for 9 months already.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

29 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

I really think she'll start the LDRX rollout in December - new album in 2023 for sure.

with the taylor collab coming up, this is the perfect time for it to boost her streaming numbers on all platforms & keep her name on the trending topic at its fullest potential, and we don't want to distraction nor the hype getting chopped up into small pieces for one thing or another. And i think October - December is a fine period of time for the collab to keep the hype and after that - official LDRX rollout.

What really amazes me is the fact that her streaming numbers have been doing so well, despite her not lifting a finger for 9 months already.

she‘s been recording/writing/possibly producing an entirely new album this year - what do u mean she’s „not lifting a finger for 9months“ :horror:

1 hour ago, hippo said:

she‘s been recording/writing/possibly producing an entirely new album this year - what do u mean she’s „not lifting a finger for 9months“ :horror:

so? she's not dropping anything nor doing any promo, tour, radio, etc. & what i mean by "not lifting a finger for 9 months" is she has not been doing anything to push the streaming numbers, not her being lazy or anything.

Didn't you see I already speculated that LDRX rollout might start this December? How tf can she start a pre-release this soon without working on a project prior - in the past 9 months? That would be so contradictory for me to say geez. :bebe:

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

1 hour ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

I really would love if she covered Dream On by Aerosmith for the album, PLEASE LANA CAN YOU HEAR ME?

:crying4:

Dream On was playing on the radio while I read this :raven: it’s a sign

It will all depend on Snow On The Beach being a single or not. I don’t know how many singles is Taylor planning for this record (I’m not expecting more than one based on folklore/evermore rollouts), but if she’s making the collab second or third single, Lana’s team may take advantage of that and wait to start the new era.

9 minutes ago, StillOnMyMind said:

It will all depend on Snow On The Beach being a single or not. I don’t know how many singles is Taylor planning for this record (I’m not expecting more than one based on folklore/evermore rollouts), but if she’s making the collab second or third single, Lana’s team may take advantage of that and wait to start the new era.

I think a lot of the reason folklore/evermore only got one single each is because they were both lockdown/more lowkey albums, and they were also released so close together

but since midnights should (?) be a return to a bigger era, especially since she’ll be touring it next year, i’m sure she’ll push multiple singles over the next year ++

Also, even the re-recordings of red/fearless got multiple songs sent to radio so that could be good news in terms of snow on the beach getting the single treatment???

However, I don’t think Snow On The Beach is gonna be the lead, so it’ll probably be quite a few months before/if it does become a single - which i guess could give us a very very wide range of when lana’s team will want to start promotion/release :crai: (however i do think they’ll take advantage of the initial hype among album release)

18 minutes ago, StillOnMyMind said:

or it can pull an exile type of hit - which was also a collab :agree:

Post album singles are not really a thing anymore in the streaming era (I mean they exist and MVs get released after the album but they are not a big event like they used to be, specially for an albums artist like Taylor) so I'm not worried about having to wait too long for an announcement on Lana's part.

Also it's called Snow On The Beach they can't wait until spring to release a MV :hide: and I don't think Lana would want to delay her releases even further to fit Taylor's schedule anyway.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, World At War said:

i feel like the actual rollout will be pretty quick. wouldnt bat an eye if she just went "snow on the beach is out! stay tuned for my record dropping november 25 xx" lol

Omg I forgot about her tendency of announcing things when releasing stuff :hype:

Now I'm even more excited for the 21st 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

I really would love if she covered Dream On by Aerosmith for the album, PLEASE LANA CAN YOU HEAR ME?

:crying4:

i could totally see her covering this to be honest, love that song :flutter: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

1 hour ago, World At War said:

i feel like the actual rollout will be pretty quick. wouldnt bat an eye if she just went "snow on the beach is out! stay tuned for my record dropping november 25 xx" lol

well, can we please manifest this lmaoooo this is totally out of nowhere i am living for this to happen