Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I like country. Up-beat (yee-haw) songs are really fun and ballads can be very beautiful. It all depends on the production, truly. 

But can Lana pull it off when it seems like she's very into a extremely stripped down style? :um2: because the problem with BUS, is the lack of interesting production. I always say it, but if you check the live performances, the different production elevates the song A LOT.

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

4 hours ago, Flowerbomb said:

I'm pretty sure this country thing is the Capitol Records deal she had last year. Probably just covers.

I wouldn't mind country from Lana, as long as we're talking 1950s-1970's country vibe, not faux-cowboy country pop vibes.

It would be really nice to see a rendition of Lana making a Springsteen-esque Nebraska album

There's a great deal of what I call '21st Americana' out today, by artists like the Brothers Comatose, Anderson East, the Secret Sisters, the Cactus Blossoms, Rayland Baxter, Great Peacock, the Yellow-Bellied Sapsuckers, Pokey LaFarge, the Deslondes, Parker Millsap, Frankie Lee, Jamestown Revival---I listen to their music a great deal and don't consider any of their music to be 'country.'  Like any other artist, their work is hit-and-miss, but what's good is great

What we call 'country' today is mostly bland 'country pop pabulum,' which I loathe. 

As we know, Lana has a somewhat skewered idea of what country is--'Ride,' for example, will never seem like genuine Old School 'country' to me, though she thought it was or could be in terms of structure. 

15 hours ago, drugsdesire said:

you guys gotta remember that lana has experimented with country many times and even her classic songs have a twang to them. i personally would enjoy something like a carrie underwood moment from her : ) she can pull off any genre she wants, i'm just glad we're getting music after all these years

girl its been 0.83 years since blue banisters dropped😭

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

15 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

She’s about to drop an Old Town Road sized hit.

Did you know the instrumental is based off a Nine Inch Nails song?

So if Lana goes country Trent Reznor needs to tie jack up & take over production…

:hair:

IMG-3521.jpg

39 minutes ago, kraljicabenzinske said:

girl its been 0.83 years since blue banisters dropped😭

and watercolor cocks dropped literally in 2022, but they are asking for country/carrie underwood type of music from lana so i wouldnt put too much value in what they are saying! 

everybody here is frothing at the mouth at the thought of country/country-esque music as if fordham road, queen of the gas station, pawn shop blues, elvis, your band is all the rage, mariner’s apartment complex, & her covers of the end of the world, summer wine, & roadhouse blues don’t exist :point:

you were ALL stanning for prettiest girl in country music, i haven’t forgotten :point:

WGe8ynS.gif

I don't think LDR9 will be country all that much tbh 

I feel like this is one of her fleeting moments where she gets musically inspired by something (like a random 5 hour drive through the desert) and decides to announce her idea to the world. I'm sure she'll release a country album at some point (for example, she wrote material for it with Prettiest Girl in Country Music) but I don't think that will be LDR9 

Perched for whatever the sound is anyway. including if it's country :lordejesus:

I don't see the point in panicking about potential country music from Lana when it's obvious that her definition of that is completely different than ours :true: She said Video Games and Ride were kind of country songs, I think we're safe lol. And a lot of her old unreleased songs have really heavy classic country elements, so if that's what she plans on going for and not "beer beer hot women in a pickup truck" country, I'm all for it :whatever2:

imageproxy.jpg