Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

13 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

everybody here is frothing at the mouth at the thought of country/country-esque music as if fordham road, queen of the gas station, pawn shop blues, elvis, your band is all the rage, mariner’s apartment complex, & her covers of the end of the world, summer wine & roadhouse blues don’t exist :point:

you were ALL stanning for prettiest girl in country music, i haven’t forgotten :point:

But fordham road, queen of the gas station, pawn shop blues, elvis, your band is all the rage and the end of the world are all over 10 years old. They're not the kind of songs she's doing anymore. PGICM is decidedly more yeehaw. Which I guess tells me that

Lana on her own - okay.

Lana with cowboy hat country singers - horrifique.

Anyway the W Mag photoshoot and everything else didn't match that genre at all so I don't actually believe LDR9 is gonna be country eithe, also judging by the people she's apparently working with.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

Just now, Yameena Khatri said:

Does For K pt.2 demo version considered country? :assad:

possibly? i think there’s a bit of a western/rural influence, but that sound would be heavenly for ldr9

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

Am I the only one that doesn't care if the album is country? Like I believe almost everyone likes wild at heart/dance till we die bridge so why not hear an album with songs like that; that's if she makes a country album. I'm still confused on how those lyrics she talked about in that magazine could be followed with a country tune. It makes no sense to me....

32 minutes ago, brandon said:

:whoopi:

You know you want it…

:oopna:

Spoiler

No, The song isn’t called Western Wap, Not really hip hop either, Just Wickedly Slutty…

EDIT:

Spoiler

I could see Lana & Slayyyter in a country farmhouse bedroom, Steam coming from under bathroom door, There is a Lava Lamp, Pillow Fight scene, Feathers everywhere…

:delish:

IMG-3521.jpg

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

Starting with a  medley cover of Blown Away / Before He Cheats / Two Black Cadillacs by Carrie Underwood :oprah4: 

Why the most overrated  country artist of the last 20 years

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

She once said she considers Video Games and Ride country songs (and I kinda see it) so anything could happen :oic3:

The 2 country songs with Jack were so good and her music with Nikki too, my only complaint is that their voices don't match AT ALL.

But anyway, I'm sure it's a side project and not LDR9 related

giphy.gif

If she truly embraces country on this record, I don’t think it will be the modern, country-pop version that seems to dominate the genre lately. 

While Lana always puts her signature twist on a sonic landscape, I think she’s more inclined to lean into the sounds of older country, and I think Prettiest Girl In Country Music (particularly the melody and harmony) is a great example of that. 

What’s interesting is that she’s already mentioned Drew adding orchestral elements to her tracks for LDR9, so are we getting a mix of wordy, orchestral-tinged tracks AND country? Are these separate projects? Time will tell:makeup2:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 hour ago, Yameena Khatri said:

Does For K pt.2 demo version considered country? :assad:

It’s more grungy I would say. I think that’s what she meant by « soft-grunge ». Nirvana influence is all over that song.

On 8/6/2022 at 12:24 AM, sad angel forever said:

I had a dream about Lana releasing a stand-alone EP called Murmur Of The Autumn

So my dream started with Lana doing a livestream in late August, where she talked about wanting to release something this fall, but it's not album related or anything. She read couple of books mentioning how beautiful and spiritual autumn is and she got inspired to make some "autumn themed" songs. She also said how randomly she listened to Season Of The Witch and she found the instrumental really cool.

Then my dream contiuned, it was the 13th of October when Lana announced that tomorrow she's going to release a song called Writing Songs At The Backseat. On the 14th she released a visualizer lyric video for the song (The video was a close up of her sitting in a vintage convertible car looking at the ocean on her side) and it had a NFR type of filter on it. The song itself had a LFL & Chemtrails fusion to it, can't remember anything else. Later she announced the release date of the EP (2022.11.04) and she also revealed the cover and the tracklist. (I can't remember the cover art)

- Tracklist -

1. Writing Songs At The Backseat - 4:25

2. Amber Dahlias - 4:18

3. Evergreen - 4:37

4. ...Maybe In The Dark - 4:36

5. Raindrops Gleaming - 3:59

6. Day of Death - 4:55

7. My Shadow Is Greeting Me As a Stranger - 5:26

Keep up with the Lana Dream Arc energy & the delulu energy :illumilana::illumilana::illumilana:

A Lana autumn album is all I need

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

the thing about the country album: Lana is pretty ironic and she knows a lot of us don’t like Nikki Lane or even her most country-ish songs so I do actually think this some time of joke meaning: or the album will be completely opposite of country or she will actually release ldr9 as a full country album and this comment was a way of saying “I really do not fucking care about your opinion, I’m doing my shit how I want”

0YnL0Kf.gif

35 minutes ago, lili said:

It’s more grungy I would say. I think that’s what she meant by « soft-grunge ». Nirvana influence is all over that song.

there’s obvious nirvana influence in a lot of her work from that era, disco & get drunk could easily be nirvana songs, the structures are so similar, it’s honestly so cool

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix