Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

there’s obvious nirvana influence in a lot of her work from that era, disco & get drunk could easily be nirvana songs, the structures are so similar, it’s honestly so cool

Yes! I love both so much. And the way she manages to make them her own! You can tell the influence quickly, but it's still her. Amazing :crying5: 

Just now, lili said:

Yes! I love both so much. And the way she manages to make them her own! You can tell the influence quickly, but it's still her. Amazing :crying5: 

thats why im always positive about her, it dont matter what genre she picks, she will do it in her own way, like her covers, they're brilliant!

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

if the delivery and inspiration is on point and the songs are well written, then i believe she can work on whatever genre she likes. but of course i’m here for any insider to challenge me with some tea

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

4 hours ago, 111 said:

and watercolor cocks dropped literally in 2022, but they are asking for country/carrie underwood type of music from lana so i wouldnt put too much value in what they are saying! 

lmao

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, sad angel forever said:

Lana is making a country album full of Ram Ranch type of songs :gurl::sass::pussypower:

Hide contents

If someone doesn't know what I'm talking about look it up....for your own responsibility

When the needle drops on the vinyl and after a few seconds you can hear Lana mumbling

Spoiler

Eighteen naked cowboys in the showers at Ram Ranch

whatarecoloris.jpg

I would like to see some new tea about LDR9 ;)

So don’t wait and just do it,someone,please :flutter:

Spoiler

PLEASE 111 AND DRAGONWHORE PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT ALBUM :cryney2:

8 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Ok, she should actually know that most of her fans don't like country music the way she does. But still, it's probably what she would like to do. A difficult situation.

She does know and she expects scepticism. At least that's what she said last year.

They have written four more originals; there is also, says Del Rey, “a cover album of country songs” and one of “other folk songs”. Del Rey expects “scepticism,” but explains her father and uncle Phil Madeira (one of Emmylou Harris’s Red Dirt Boys) exposed her to country music in her youth. Her tastes are “stark and blue, somewhat outlaw”: Hank Williams, Bobbie Gentry, Patsy Cline, Wynette. “With a little Marty Robbins and Johnny Paycheck. I went back and listened to Ride [from 2012 EP Paradise] and Video Games and thought, you know, they’re kind of country. I mean, they’re definitely not pop. Maybe the way Video Games got remastered, they’re pop – but there’s something Americana about it for sure. So let’s see how these things come out – I’m not going to have pedal steel guitar on every single thing, but it is easy for me to write.”

44 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

She does know and she expects scepticism. At least that's what she said last year.

They have written four more originals; there is also, says Del Rey, “a cover album of country songs” and one of “other folk songs”. Del Rey expects “scepticism,” but explains her father and uncle Phil Madeira (one of Emmylou Harris’s Red Dirt Boys) exposed her to country music in her youth. Her tastes are “stark and blue, somewhat outlaw”: Hank Williams, Bobbie Gentry, Patsy Cline, Wynette. “With a little Marty Robbins and Johnny Paycheck. I went back and listened to Ride [from 2012 EP Paradise] and Video Games and thought, you know, they’re kind of country. I mean, they’re definitely not pop. Maybe the way Video Games got remastered, they’re pop – but there’s something Americana about it for sure. So let’s see how these things come out – I’m not going to have pedal steel guitar on every single thing, but it is easy for me to write.”

An album full of Rides and Video Games, let's go! :usrs: