Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Can we stop talking about country ? LDR9 is not country. Maybe her next little project but not LDR9 :oprah3: 

let’s manifest together with our energy some leaks or new info about new album 

19 minutes ago, Sunset Opal said:

Can we stop talking about country ? LDR9 is not country. Maybe her next little project but not LDR9 :oprah3: 

let’s manifest together with our energy some leaks or new info about new album 

Ok so the next album isn’t country.

Let’s see what it is though - 

crystal-ball-fortune-teller.gif

Spoiler

CUNTRY

:agree2:

IMG-3521.jpg

I feel like she really wants a true yeehaw era so if she could just get it over with that'd be good

There's no way Interscope would let her make additional country albums because the reception to Yeehaw Lana from the fan base would be lukewarm at best

There's a handful of people who would love it, but I feel like most people would be like :scoff: or :wtf3:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

4 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I feel like she really wants a true yeehaw era so if she could just get it over with that'd be good

There's no way Interscope would let her make additional country albums because the reception to Yeehaw Lana from the fan base would be lukewarm at best

There's a handful of people who would love it, but I feel like most people would be like :scoff: or :wtf3:

Personally I hate when fandoms control the outcome of something,

If I were an artist and my fans told me to keep making that sound - I’d do whatever I wanted & Then some to piss them off…

:ma:
There are always new fans.

IMG-3521.jpg

9 hours ago, kraljicabenzinske said:

girl its been 0.83 years since blue banisters dropped😭

i'm talking about her entire career in retrospect :awkney:

8 hours ago, 111 said:

and watercolor cocks dropped literally in 2022, but they are asking for country/carrie underwood type of music from lana so i wouldnt put too much value in what they are saying! 

teehee

1 minute ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Personally I hate when fandoms control the outcome of something,

If I were an artist and my fans told me to keep making that sound - I’d do whatever I wanted & Then some to piss them off…

:ma:
There are always new fans.

Unfortunately making records is about money.

It's not so much that fans would tell her - in fact, I'm pretty sure almost everyone would pretend they liked it, at least at first - but I think Interscope would. Record companies are very shrewd and I'm sure they'd think that it would alienate her fan base or something.

Haven't they made her change stuff on almost every album to date? So yeah.

Personally I wouldn't mind something like Hotel California (which is classified as like country rock, I think?). I feel like it'd be almost a country/UV hybrid album coming from her and that'd be rad - but if it were straight country, nty

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

3 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

It's not so much that fans would tell her - in fact, I'm pretty sure almost everyone would pretend they liked it, at least at first - but I think Interscope would. Record companies are very shrewd and I'm sure they'd think that it would alienate her fan base or something.

Personally I wouldn't mind something like Hotel California (which is classified as like country rock, I think?). I feel like it'd be almost a country/UV hybrid album coming from her and that'd be rad - but if it were straight country, nty

With her last two albums not doing that well commercially, I would think that Interscope would be pressuring her to release a more mainstream sounding record. It doesn’t sound like she is moving too far away from the sound of the last 2 albums though. So maybe Interscope is really just letting her release whatever she wants at this point. 

4 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

With her last two albums not doing that well commercially, I would think that Interscope would be pressuring her to release a more mainstream sounding record. It doesn’t sound like she is moving too far away from the sound of the last 2 albums though. So maybe Interscope is really just letting her release whatever she wants at this point. 

sadly i also agree with this, i know we're all begging for something different but from what she's already described i feel like it's going to be more of the same vibe :bebe: 

10 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Idk, She had to make some changes due to label meddling early on, But for a good while now she’s been in control.

Now Ben & Ed will but in here and there,

But for her popularity & sales I’d say she could do whatever she wanted to an extent.

We’re not quite there at grunge/metal, But she’s working on it…

IMG-3521.jpg

If Lana were to actually do a full country album it would be a serve and a half :true: People get scared when they hear the word country but I'm sure Lana would channel the classics rather than cheesy country pop and she'd give it her own unique spin the way she always does. I bet her country album would be a huge critical success. 

My DREAM tracklist for LDR9 if its a country album

1. Prettiest Girl In Country Music

2. Blue Bird

3. Stupid For Being So Happy

4. Rainbow After the Storm

5. Hey Blue Baby

6. My Darlin

7. Goldenrod's Golden Hour

8. Sun Down

9. Sweet Stink

It doesn’t really matter that her albums do less then peak. She’s a Rite of Passage artist, her catalogue gets millions of streams ( the hits and a lot of the non hit backlog). It doesn’t matter to the label that she makes quieter albums now. They still do well objectively, sell a lot of vinyls, and has an avid fanbase that streams her music constantly. She has made them so much fucking money. She’s in no danger of getting dropped. The label is fine to let her be bc 1) they know she’ll walk if they try to control her 2) all parties are happy with the status quo and they aren’t gonna risk fucking with that.

so at the end of the day Lana will release whatever she wants , and any suggestions by management or the label will probably about single choices and promotional things. Strictly the business side. Lana runs the music part eith an iron fist as she should. She has all the power and she knows it.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

A loss for the culture

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing