Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

5 hours ago, DCooper said:

If Lana were to actually do a full country album it would be a serve and a half :true: People get scared when they hear the word country but I'm sure Lana would channel the classics rather than cheesy country pop and she'd give it her own unique spin the way she always does. I bet her country album would be a huge critical success. 

There may be some fans in America who are into country music, but the rest of the world can't do anything with it at all. Currently people stream BTD and Summertime Sadness, but hardly anyone streams COTCC or BUS.

6 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

There may be some fans in America who are into country music, but the rest of the world can't do anything with it at all. Currently people stream BTD and Summertime Sadness, but hardly anyone streams COTCC or BUS.

Lana has a big enough fanbase that she's set for life. No matter what kind of music she releases there will be people all over the world listening and enjoying.

8 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Lana has a big enough fanbase that she's set for life. No matter what kind of music she releases there will be people all over the world listening and enjoying.

Exactly. It’s not like she’s a new artist trying to prove herself. 

14 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I used to not discard everything they said but took it with a grain of salt… but this sounds like it’s based on the d**** post 🙃 🙄

Digging deep in search for reliability, have I missed something? :um2:

Okay, they didn't say what year ...

19 hours ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Personally I hate when fandoms control the outcome of something,

If I were an artist and my fans told me to keep making that sound - I’d do whatever I wanted & Then some to piss them off…

:ma:
There are always new fans.

Tbh the entire "I don't owe you anything" and "I'm an artist and a free spirit so I do what I want" stuff is a little problematic.

As an artist, your fans and ONLY your fans are the reason you have a career in the first place.

In that way, all artists DO owe their fans a lot actually. It's still a business. You kind of have to cater to your supporters, at least a little bit.

Doing the opposite of what your fans like repeatedly is not badass at all, it's just extremely unwise.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

8 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

Tbh the entire "I don't owe you anything" and "I'm an artist and a free spirit so I do what I want" stuff is a little problematic.

As an artist, your fans and ONLY your fans are the reason you have a career in the first place.

In that way, all artists DO owe their fans a lot actually. It's still a business. You kind of have to cater to your supporters, at least a little bit.

Doing the opposite of what your fans like repeatedly is not badass at all, it's just extremely unwise.

i agree that an artist does owe their fans in some respect but the only thing an artist truly owes to their fans is mutual respect. that goes both ways however and fans do owe artists respect as well. however, artists do not owe fans whatever they want in their sound. it may be a business, but it’s also art and if i were an artist this far along in my career, i’d make whatever the hell i wanted regardless of whether or not i thought my fans would be into it. true fans don’t care what style their favorite artist is dipping their toe into - they’ll listen regardless. if they don’t like it, that’s okay, too. they don’t have to. but thousands of other people will love it regardless and continue to listen to it and those are the people that will buy and stream, etc. no one is more or less of a fan for liking / not liking certain genres, and lana owes no one anything. she’s given many great albums that everyone can always go back and listen to if that’s more their taste than whatever she decides to put out in the future.

PS, sorry if my tone comes across as rude in any way. this is just me attempting to contribute to civil discourse. <3

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

yeah it’s a business but at the end of the day, lana is not struggling. she’s secured her place both financially and in the industry. we don’t NEEEEED her music, she puts it out because she wants to. just because we’ve liked her music up until this point doesn’t mean she has to cater to our every want and continue to put out only the music the majority will like. she is completely free to do whatever the hell she wants, and if that means losing fans, i’m sure she could not possibly care less 😭 

yeah we’re the reason she has a career, but it’s because we WILLINGLY give her streams, buy her records, etc. it’s not like we’re being forced lol. if you don’t enjoy her future music releases, that doesn’t diminish or lessen the previous music she’s put out that you DO like. she’s not just some music making machine that works purely for the enjoyment of the public. 

24 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

Lana owes us NOTHING.

She could put out K-P*P records for the rest of her career & we are NOT entitled to anything.

She has given us music up to this point, It has been our CHOICE to be a fan & support her.

She could retire & we never hear from her again - She wouldn’t owe us a thing.

IMG-3521.jpg