Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

33 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

Doing the opposite of what your fans like repeatedly is not badass at all, it's just extremely unwise.

also this is such a funny generalization likeeee

just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean there aren’t thousands of her fans that do! :smokes:

like she has millions upon millions of fans… of which there are TONS that prefer chemtrails lana, or only like btd lana, or (shocker) desperately want country lana!

LDR9 is not going to be country and even if it is, she'll probably put out a different record in 2 years anyway :thumb3: 

I'd understand if people got kinda upset if they had to wait 4+ years for their fave's album and ended up being a genre they dislike but luckily that's not the case with Lana (plus she has a huge back catalog already).

I also want to add that Lana's fanbase is very diverse, just cause the reception for her last 2 albums (and the hypothetical country record) didn't seem that positive, it doesn't mean that nobody liked those albums/direction. I'd also want a crazy 180° musical turn but I also loved Chemtrails and BB so I wouldn't really mind another record on the acoustic/folky side.

At the end of the day LB, Twitter, etc. are just a little sample of all the different opinions and tastes people have :true:

giphy.gif

39 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

Tbh the entire "I don't owe you anything" and "I'm an artist and a free spirit so I do what I want" stuff is a little problematic.

As an artist, your fans and ONLY your fans are the reason you have a career in the first place.

In that way, all artists DO owe their fans a lot actually. It's still a business. You kind of have to cater to your supporters, at least a little bit.

Doing the opposite of what your fans like repeatedly is not badass at all, it's just extremely unwise.

Lana provides a product and we, the consumers, financially support her in return. We're not forced to buy or stream her music and she doesn't have to make the type of music that some fans want. Some fans might not like the direction that she's going in and that's completely fine - neither side owes anything to the other.

Also this might just be me but I would absolutely hate it if artists started making music based entirely on what fans want. You end up with a Lust For Life situation where it caters to everybody and nobody.

2 hours ago, EARTHA CLIT said:

Lana should collab with her hot boyfriend and do something like this with her beautiful melodies atop

the intro gives me some flipside vides

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

at the end of the day, lana will do what she wants. i don’t agree with everything the woman has ever done or said, but i’m still a fan. she’s been a huge part of my life for a long time and even though chemtrails and blue banisters aren’t necessarily my favorite albums of hers, i still enjoy them thoroughly and listen to them just about as much as the rest of her catalog. she has yet to release an album i actually dislike fully, and i don’t think she’ll start now.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Cherriwinkle said:

It’s not gonna be full on country but if she got all glam on us she start singing some scorned lover songs I wouldn’t mind

i would kill for a dolly parton cover or an orville peck collab tbh

giphy.gif

daddy chill…this won’t be the cocc case this time. she got drew along with jack, she got her dad, she has the time to move around unlike in the quarantine. since lana is building her album catalogue with different genres each time -apart from bb that musically was not quite refreshing in terms of genre- the next project is definitely something on a new pattern. delulu team anyone? 

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

LDR9 in my wildest dreams would be NFR part 2 but i don’t think anyone will ever top that album so i know how unrealistic that wish is 💔 edit- before anyone says that COCC or BB are basically NFR 2, please go actually listen to those albums before you speak. thank you.

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, 111 said:

she owes us good music and country is nothing of the sort

i think people are forgetting that country music isn’t just mainstream “beer, trucks, hot girls & dirt-roads!” type of music, a lot of 60s classics could be considered “country”, some of which she’s covered!

i’d say she’s already explored that style anyway

WGe8ynS.gif

47 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

No one wants a disgusting country album. 

I'm Nobody! Who are you?
Are you – Nobody – too? 
Then there's a pair of us! 
Don't tell! they'd advertise – you know!

How dreary – to be – Somebody!
How public – like a Frog – 
To tell one's name – the livelong June – 
To an admiring Bog!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i think people are forgetting that country music isn’t just mainstream “beer, trucks, hot girls & dirt-roads!” type of music, a lot of 60s classics could be considered “country”, some of which she’s covered!

i’d say she’s already explored that style anyway

Maybe we can go to the 7-Eleven
Drive down the main drag in your Pontiac Heaven
You can drink and drive, whatever you want to
We'll get right down to it, me and you, boo
We're layin' on the hood like it's a flatbed truck
In the spotlight, we see Jim and Chuck
Saw that car from a mile away and it's slowin'
They say that there's a motel dance, let's get going