Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

On 6/17/2022 at 1:04 PM, fierybkn said:

Maybe Rob's involvment in this next project is because LDR9 is mostly going to be about Lana's relationship with her dad, when she was younger. And so... "When I look back, tracing fingertips over plastic bags, I think I wish I could extrapolate some small intention or maybe get your attention for a minute or two" would be about Lana detailing how she felt abandonned by her dad in the past. And maybe that's why she wanted him to be more involved in that project. I don't think this is true but I'd like it to be. At least we can say that over the past recent years, her dad has grown to be one of her main inspirations, she literally started BB with "I was looking for the father I wanted back" and paradoxically they look like they've been pretty close since 2019.

Praying for the album not to sound like sweet carolina :eek2:

the Lana AI agrees w u bae maybe ur on to something.. don't know why miss AI took the title text book though 

cRib2cF_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Didn't that rumor come from here, actually? :toofunny: cause I remember one Brazilian account posted the same, claiming that the info came from a LanaBoards "insider" :toofloppy:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

6 hours ago, Brow Bone said:

the plastic bag is a metaphor for the truth bc they were holding hands and now they're not anymore. so it's like when the venn diagram splits, where do the groceries go? the dinner times are different BGeml1Q.gif

this is really so deep ... the plastic upon her fingertips reminds her of those trips to the grocery store.. when he was there. now she uses paper bags :defeated:

36 minutes ago, EARTHA CLIT said:

this is really so deep ... the plastic upon her fingertips reminds her of those trips to the grocery store.. when he was there. now she uses paper bags :defeated:

LMFAOOOO

1 hour ago, plastiscguy said:

Didn't that rumor come from here, actually? :toofunny: cause I remember one Brazilian account posted the same, claiming that the info came from a LanaBoards "insider" :toofloppy:

At this point, who knows what comes from where originally :omfg2: I remember that description (or some variant of it) being about the album or a couple of songs… But it’s been on so many platforms already… 

13 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

At this point, who knows what comes from where originally :omfg2: I remember that description (or some variant of it) being about the album or a couple of songs… But it’s been on so many platforms already… 

I think some big Lana account made a thread recently with all the "leaked" info about the album (from that big list from that website) and now it's all over twitter and IG.

They probably saw the post someone made transcribing it here and thought they were the actual source.

It's always funny reading "according to Lanaboards insiders" in big update Lana accounts :thumb3:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

I think some big Lana account made a thread recently with all the "leaked" info about the album (from that big list from that website) and now it's all over twitter and IG.

They probably saw the post someone made transcribing it here and thought they were the actual source.

It's always funny reading "according to Lanaboards insiders" in big update Lana accounts :thumb3:

On 7/26/2022 at 12:35 PM, plastiscguy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

LDR9 Info:

Here is what I know so far about the album, I thought a little update would be nice since it doesn't look like you get one soon unless she changes her mind

DNC was in the first batch of songs that got mastered & sorry I have to spill about it bc it's weird, spooky, contains surf guitar & drums, cello/violins, flutes, Beautiful intro piano & interesting vocal layers with deeper & higher vocals. A really unique song, a shame if she scraps it but for now it looks good

- There was a first batch of 3 songs which got mastered back in March, a second one in May with 7 songs & a third one in June with only 2 songs (12 songs so far, my guess is that the album is most likely not finished yet)

There is only one NEWLY recorded Jack song SO FAR but she was with him in the studio in April so she probably waits till his 20 day Tour break in August to finish the other songs with him, Probably the 808 ones, the magic moment is the one that is finished & mastered I think and it's GOOD

- There is a song called " When The Stars Align", it's a midtempo song & her most boppish song in years. It's about having a great time, it mentions the kindness of strangers, amazing ppl she met in her life & probably got partly inspired by her dancing with a fan in Italy

- The Plastic Bag song is six minutes long and contains orchestra, oboe, harp,guitar, piano,spacey synths. There is percussion on the bridge as well. It contains some BBS vocals too but the bridge contains surprisingly very sensual vibes that reminded me a bit of Stargirl, it's eventually the title track so I won't spill the title

-Waist Deep In Icy Waves was more than a caption & it's my favourite so far, it Fuzz was most likely only a caption - 1 unreleased one (won dna neht ouy

reminds me a bit of Swan Song. Peach

devol;) by Antojacknfroffouttake

-No collabs so far

- There is reverb on her voice but they didn't used the voice memos as the main vocal but sometimes it sounds like they used the voice memo as background vocals

- Rick is kinda back, he did some

additional production on a few songs 

Yes To Heaven rework: -YTH got reworked once again but it

seems like it got scrapped (surprise) - according to a source it got scrapped, put on the album (LDR9) again & got scrapped again, so it could be she changes her mind again & puts it on the album

- Red Dress got replaced with sth else, she really wanted to come through with the

album having no colors - She changed the bridge & made the

bridge longer

- It has a 40 second long outro with

violins, piano & spacey sound effects

- The first half is sonically very similiar to the Honeymoon Version

- the bridge is a bit out of place on first listen bc there are e- guitars & acoustic

guitars coming in but it slaps - Overall a bit messy but the song is ten

times more interesting now & more than 4 minutes long 

She didn't lie, the album has alot of orchestra, there is piano too but it's more in the background now except for one or two songs

-There is a song about her dead grandmother, it's very heartbreaking & one of her saddest songs. It's seems very personal so I don't know if she scraps it. She mentions her dead cousin in this song too

- Overall this album is very atmospheric, it has spacey vibes but also cold oceanic vibes. But it's a bit weird too but in a good way.

-She mentions only black & white on the album

- There are few angry, raw unfiltered songs as well

- I have access to the songs that get mastered, I couldn't stop spilling bc this album is truly special so far & I needed to share it. I can't wait for you to hear the album whenever it will be finished. It's shaping up to be a top 3 album. Love C <3

:eartha2: :eartha:

Wait, am I the lanaboards insider? :crazy:

3 minutes ago, shadesofloveduthenandnow said:

plastiscguy best insider

UHcR86T.gif

lustforlife found dead. It's my turn to be the queen of the fake insiders!

lanaboards.gif

1 hour ago, mlittle11 said:

didnt someone say the plastic bag song was scrapped?

Someone on another forum said they heard the song but didn't think she was going to release it (so they were surprised when the W Magazine interview came out).

Maybe the song is very personal... or maybe it's not good :bebe:

giphy.gif

33 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Someone on another forum said they heard the song but didn't think she was going to release it (so they were surprised when the W Magazine interview came out).

Maybe the song is very personal... or maybe it's not good :bebe:

oh okay great :bebe:

Peach Fuzz on my Fingertips From the Plastic Bag That is LA , out Sept 14th . 12 Tracks. All swelling ambient acoustic with some unique drum patterns after the bridges of a few songs. Only one song has 808s and the final track is a cover of The House That Built Me by Miranda Lambert

lanaboards.gif