Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 hours ago, Ultradealerence said:

ben y u so quiet bro? been some time since a ldr9 new album soon post…rob is this era sheridan spill

I miss sheridan and shanice :cryney:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

14 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Lana wanting a Migos collab…saying the record is angry conversational music with orchestral touches…and now telling us that she hopes we like country:makeup2:

She really does contain multitudes, and I love how that gets reflected in her art. LDR9/10 are going to be THE albums. I just feel it:ma:

let's hope she chooses a lane and stays in it for LDR9... LFL had just about every genre and was incredibly disjointed as a result

It’s weird, I know she said country. but I’m wondering if it’s an 80s sounding record, There's somethin' in the wind, I can feel it blowin' in…

Spoiler

Like I’m talking Hey Blue Baby style songs over 1989’s production…

:shh2:

IMG-3521.jpg

17 minutes ago, World At War said:

story2.png

Thank you. Lord knows what that means.

We know she thinks, or thought, 'Ride' and 'Video Games' sound like country songs, and 'country music' is such a broad umbrella term in 2022, it might mean almost anything. Lana might have thought that 'Tulsa Jesus Freak' could have been produced to be more of a 'country song,' or 'Wild At Heart,' or 'LMLYLAW.' 

I'll take what comes, but that's probably the last direction I'd like to see her go, based on my own imaginative interpretation of what 'country music' might mean to her. 

If it's 'The Prettiest Girl in Country Music,' or the other two she played live some time ago, then I'm (probably) not going to dig it very much. I love COCC but not the song with Nikki Lane, which I deleted. 

I hope Lana releases a fully country album. Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert style. I hope every single song is a Nikki Lane collab. Just to spite y’all bc y’all are soooooo bitter. Just enjoy whatever she gives u 

57 minutes ago, World At War said:

story2.png

Somehow, though, these are strange mental leaps. How does she get from her phone call with Annie to country music or her album? smiley-think.gif  I still think it has to do with her visit to Bakersfield.

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

Somehow, though, these are strange mental leaps. How does she get from her phone call with Annie to country music or her album? smiley-think.gif  I still think it has to do with her visit to Bakersfield.

I took it to mean she was talking about country music with Annie and discussing what her take on country music would entail? Also, maybe Bakersfield inspired her in some sort of way?

Tumblr

14 minutes ago, JFKs Fine China said:

I took it to mean she was talking about country music with Annie and discussing what her take on country music would entail? Also, maybe Bakersfield inspired her in some sort of way?

I took it the same way and yes I could see how bits and pieces of Bakersfield would inspire her. I’ve done the drive on I-5 that connects LA to Bakersfield and can confirm the central California area gives arid, flat landscape like rural America often does. More realistically though I think she was just giving extra details about her drive and where she was at the time while the topic of discussion was her interest in serving country music  :true:

2 hours ago, wandajune said:

I hope Lana releases a fully country album. Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert style. I hope every single song is a Nikki Lane collab. Just to spite y’all bc y’all are soooooo bitter. Just enjoy whatever she gives u 

No.

giphy.gif

If she’s doing a country album we need

i must be stupid for feeling happy

hey blue baby

prettiest girl in country music

these songs deserve a home 😞

I mean... Why are we panicking already? We don't even have a fake date, for all we know, she could scrap those songs and release something different... It's not unusual for her :um3:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: