Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I had probably one of the craziest Lana-related dreams... :toofunny:

Spoiler

Apparently, a few insiders had been teasing some very cryptic shit, and as per usual no one believed them.

However, Twitter was suddenly floated in new pictures of Lana, surrounded by friends (and a new boyfriend?) in what it seemed to be a music video.

No one knew where they came from or what those pictures were but I remember some people thought Lana was announcing her pregnancy because there was someone with a belly who looked like her :toofunny:

Moments later, she posted on Instagram :raven:

She had announced her new album :oprah4:

I can't really remember the title, but it was in red, in her og font and started with the letter B. It was also a really long title (like 6 or 7 words) 

The cover was in black and white and it was a recreation of that one photoshoot she did, wearing a black veil? It was all very dark and weird. 

Spoiler

d376f793c7a92c9f5826cd50016b3a80.jpg

Then, she made another post :raven: and it was a teaser for the music video!

It was similar to the Chemtrails video, where she was surrounded by her rich friends and it was obviously professionally produced/filmed, however this had a very different vibe. It had that 60s vintage vibe, but it seemed modern and futuristic at times. Very twisted, classy and creepy all at the same time.

The snippet also intrigued me because it was a VERY different sound. It wasn't really quite upbeat, but it was catchy? And messy, but polished at the same time if it makes sense. Kinda like Black Bathing Suit, but better. It seemed like she was speaking the lyrics, and then singing. I remember I had a hard time picking up the lyrics because because it truly was a lot of words (maybe in my dreams, that's what conversational means) 

In that post, she described the album as the end of a journey. It seemed like she would talk/sing about some of the moments that were the most impactful throughout her life, from happy memories to very dark ones. She described it as very personal, very rough and very explicit. Apparently the song she was teasing was a huge "f you" letter to the criticism she received and to the industry as a whole (RCS tease? :hooker:)

It seemed like she wasn't really angry anymore and wasn't really "seeking revenge". Instead, she said she was in a better place but in order to heal, she needed to leave the past behind and close that chapter of her life, and she was doing that by writing and singing about her trauma.

The release date was February, 2023 and it had like 12 tracks, with some interludes...

Then I ran here to talk about it and I woke up :toofunny:

I'm kinda shocked because of how detailed the dream was and how real it felt. I don't think I've ever dreamed something so crazy before. I also know it's hella dumb and it's obviously not going to happen at all, but :deadbanana: idk, every time we all start to dream about LDR9 collectively, we get some news, so :um2: let's start manifesting!

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Uh I had a dream she released the album and uh…..the cover was black and white tits out she was nekkid and the title was very provocative and pretty much just like the fake insider said tho i forgot the details bc the dream wasnt about lana at all

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

15 hours ago, EARTHA CLIT said:

im just fuckin around, i don't know anything :( just my delusions, dreams, and psychic visions

Help :deadbanana:

anyways stream Strange Encounter by Father John Misty for clear skin and for some news :smokes:

giphy.gif

Looking back I feel like the constant snippets during the NRR pre-release were a good thing, at least we had something to talk about. With this lack of info about LDR9 this thread’s truly at its lowest point 🥴

qfrWuBl.png

5 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

Looking back I feel like the constant snippets during the NRR pre-release were a good thing, at least we had something to talk about. With this lack of info about LDR9 this thread’s truly at its lowest point 🥴

i know right?? everyone says it was awful but i thought it was fun and it honestly didnt ruin NFR for me. i hate having absolutely nothinggggg to talk about

10 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

i know right?? everyone says it was awful but i thought it was fun and it honestly didnt ruin NFR for me. i hate having absolutely nothinggggg to talk about

I actually was dying during NFR, Without info what was winding up io the album or not.

Like I was ADDICTED to cinnamon & was literally scared it wasn’t going to be on the album.

the wait from Mac/VB to album was also adding…

Lana knows how to keep us wanting moar…

:crying5:

IMG-3521.jpg

torn between wanting heavy guitars, psychedelic soundscapes, screaming vocals, tempo changes and nirvana-meets-tame-impala vibes OR hiphop inspired sounds, heavy beats, synths, slick glossy vocals and sex anthems :oic3:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Without it being 'country,' I'd like it to be at least vaguely commercial, melodic, and relatable. Not anything like Fiona Apple's 'Fetch the Bolt Cutters.' 

With Robert on board, I can't see that happening this time, but you never know. Some artists make huge creative mistakes when they decide to radically switch gears. I can think of an entire list of musicians who have shot themselves in the foot and careers that way. 

ok im bored at work so :silly: using old lana tracks (either officially released or not) i'm gonna build my ideal LDR9 tracklist to pass the time lol. by this i mean i'm using the sound and vibe of these songs to represent the sort of sounds i'd like to hear on the new record, imagining a kind of "2.0" of each track to make up the album (not that we need a "2.0" of anything necessarily, but yknow, it's always fun to pass the time and we have no news so :pft:). i'd like to hear everyone else's versions too if yall feel like it :creepna:

LDR9 / DNC

1. Spoiler

1. West Coast
    2. For K, Part 2
    3. Put Me In A Movie [ok not the same subject matter bc QFTC was bad enough, we don't need any more controversy LOL]
    4. Trash Magic
    5. Chemtrails Over The Country Club
    6. Dealer
    7. I Don't Wanna Go
    8. Yes To Heaven
    9. Lust For Life [Demo Version]
    10. Ultraviolence
    11. White Dress
    12. The Greatest
    13. Arcadia
    14. Black Bathing Suit
    15. Venice Bitch

so for me, a mixture of low-key, sleazy, warm songs (like Trash Magic and PMIAM), intense and slightly more high energy songs (like West Coast and BBS), transcendent ethereal songs (LFL Demo and YTH) and more trippy songs (VB and FKP2) would be perfect and so fun! and of course the odd ballad / piano track just for some vocals and lyricism and cool down time. i think there's a way to mesh all these sounds together on one record and still make it sound coherent!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

16 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Without it being 'country,' I'd like it to be at least vaguely commercial, melodic, and relatable. Not anything like Fiona Apple's 'Fetch the Bolt Cutters.' 

With Robert on board, I can't see that happening this time, but you never know. Some artists make huge creative mistakes when they decide to radically switch gears. I can think of an entire list of musicians who have shot themselves in the foot and careers that way. 

NFR was a somewhat radical change, but relatively successful. I trust Lana and her producers to make something out of any music style, no matter how unusual, that will excite both critics and fans. You just have to give Lana enough time to fully develop creatively. BB might have been a great album, too, if the release hadn't been so sudden.

it has been day 5 kajillion since the last actual mention of the album. 
WastefulAllCony-max-1mb.gif
no dates, snippets nippy not a worded mention 
ImprobableQuerulousBison-size_restricted
only a mysterious acronym of D-N-C
where are the snippets? the info cues? the dates? 
the genre? the cover photoshoot?
questions have been piling up
 tumblr_mvm9ty1kAW1qdlh1io1_400.gif
but one resounding tops them all. 
will donahue make a shirtless cameo to a boom like that audio music video cameo to one of the tracks off the album?
back to you

UV/Honeymoon